650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Welcome > > Introduce yourself to the community here > > Newbie from Finland

Newbie from Finland
    Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here
torque3

PostPosted: November 13, 2009, 12:41 am    Post subject: Newbie from Finland

Hello everyone. Here is my original style -72 XS2. I thought to do in the winter Scrambler-style exhaust and block tires , also needs a new clutch Confused

xs650 -72.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  454.05 KB
 Viewed:  263 Time(s)

xs650 -72.jpg

Photo Gallery
RedShift42

PostPosted: November 13, 2009, 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie from Finland

Wow--
I say resist the urge to chop & modify. That bike is *so very* pretty, it's a shame to do anything more than polish & ride it.
Congrats!

Remain strong against the urge-- Sisu!

-Eric.

Last edited by RedShift42 on November 13, 2009, 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
mrkil

PostPosted: November 13, 2009, 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie from Finland

very nice ride
nj1639

PostPosted: November 13, 2009, 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie from Finland

Welcome aboard torque3,
Nice bike! Block tires and scrambler exhaust can always be changed back to stock, but like RedShift42 said "resist the urge to chop..."
I have ancestry from Vasla, though it is 300+ years ago.

Srinath

PostPosted: November 13, 2009, 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie from Finland

I agree. That bike is worth 5X a rat ass 81-82 special.

The stepped seat the Fugly ass side covers, the idiotic seat latches and the shitty rear fender carrier on a 81+ special was made to be stuffed with dynamite and blowed up to high heaven.

So, sell it for big $$$ buy yourself a special and cut it up and have the $$$$ left over to pretty up that.

Cool.
Srinath.
650skull
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: November 13, 2009, 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie from Finland

Quote::
The stepped seat the Fugly ass side covers, the idiotic seat latches and the shitty rear fender carrier on a 81+ special was made to be stuffed with dynamite and blowed up to high heaven.

So.......... your saying all of the guys here with Specials have s*** bikes........ Rolling Eyes .
Definatly NOT .........
cool
Srinath

And What do you ride Don't see any Pics
Photo Gallery
Srinath

PostPosted: November 13, 2009, 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie from Finland

650skull wrote:

So.......... your saying all of the guys here with Specials have s*** bikes........ Rolling Eyes .
Definatly NOT .........
cool
Srinath

Gaaaa ... fine ... but you have to admit that bike is just so smooth ... park it next to me too long and I will lick it.

I have an 82 that I am trying to hack and slice my way out of the stepped and fugly crater I have been dumped in.

Other than that I have a GR650 (just as fugly and way more complicated)an 87 suzuki savage, a 2000 savage that I chopped and bobbed and these are the daily bikes as of now, a slew of GS500's mostly in bits and pieces, a virago, a maxim X, an SV1000 etc.
Pics of a lot of these are here.

charlotte.craigslist.o...66973.html
charlotte.craigslist.o...53077.html

picasaweb.google.com/s...pperBuild#
picasaweb.google.com/s...an/GRPics#

I am pretty bad at getting and putting up pics of my stuff.
But try the link.
picasaweb.google.com/s...th.the.man

No XS pics though. Not yet anyway, this weekend as it gets done I'll get pics and put up.
Cool.
Srinath.
oldbikenut

PostPosted: November 13, 2009, 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie from Finland

650skull wrote:

Definatly NOT .........
cool
Srinath

I have to second this. Though I do prefer the looks of the early XS more then the later ones, what yamaha gave us in the late 70's early 80's were what people were wantiing at the time, I believe the specials way out sold any of the early ones by a lot, I think that's why there may be so many!

WELCOME torque3, awesome bike!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: November 13, 2009, 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie from Finland

Be ye in peace, I am not doing this chopper,bobber or street tracker Wink Too good and beauty. only minor changes and easily back to the original.

--Sisu Mad
Photo Gallery
RedShift42

PostPosted: November 15, 2009, 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie from Finland

To actually answer your original question, yes, I think a scrambler exhaust & block tires, along w/ taller scrambler-style bars, would look very handsome on that vintage machine.
It could be fun to periodically change the bike's personality back-and-forth at each tire change.

I'm eager to see the pics!

-Eric.

Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1