650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber! > > Its me again!- my new bob

Its me again!- my new bob
    Forum Index -> Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber!
borjawil

PostPosted: October 29, 2009, 11:04 am    Post subject: Its me again!- my new bob

Hey everyone been a while since i was on here. Built a chop bob project and sold it this summer but i now have my hands on a new project. here it is.

I like the look but could use a few things. any ideas or inspiration?

bobber2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.94 KB
 Viewed:  298 Time(s)

bobber2.jpg

bobber1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  9.39 KB
 Viewed:  294 Time(s)

bobber1.jpg

PostPosted: October 29, 2009, 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Its me again!- my new bob

Put on a rear fender and slim the seat down.
borjawil

PostPosted: October 29, 2009, 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Its me again!- my new bob

yea the seats coming off, not comfortable at all to say the least. not sure if i want a fender. if i do itll only come out a few inches.

PostPosted: October 29, 2009, 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Its me again!- my new bob

looks sweet man!

very close to what I want to build

PostPosted: October 29, 2009, 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Its me again!- my new bob

Looks good, and pretty similar to my bike. A thicker seat would help with the flow of how the bike looks I think.
Photo Gallery
borjawil

PostPosted: October 29, 2009, 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Its me again!- my new bob

thanks for the compliments. gonna do some work on it this winter, so ill keep it updated as time goes.

PostPosted: October 30, 2009, 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Its me again!- my new bob

well i really hope im wrong here but i wanted to let you know a couple of things about that bike.

im assuming you just picked it up from a guy here in metro detroit. roseville or warren i think?

well here is the deal, i owned this bike for a while and i ended up getting rid of it earlier this year (right before summer i believe).
The kid that bought it from me gets a hold of me months after i sold it and is asking me if i knew anything about the trans being bad? I did not.
When i owned it the bike ran nice, shifted good and was in generally good shape. He tells me that he ended up trading it to some other guy and now the new owner is giving him grief and telling him that he sold him a bike with a bad trans.

Ok so a few weeks later i see the new owner (the 2nd one now) posting this bike up on craigslist, i contact the guy and ask him some questions and how its shifting and all that stuff, he tells me "oh its great, not problems at all". So i tell him that ive been talking to the previous owner and he is telling me that there is something going on with the trans. To which he responds very defensively and starts acting really sketchy and finally goes "yeah that guy sold me a piece of s*** with a bad trans".
I tell him that he should probably post the trans problems and let potential buyers know that there is a problem. He never responds of course. And now i take it he sold it to you without mentioning anything about it right?

I hope for your sake that you're aware of the issues with the bike and i hope thats its not the trans but something more simple like a clutch but i felt like letting you know because im almost positive the guy that sold it to you probably didnt mention any of this.
borjawil

PostPosted: October 30, 2009, 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Its me again!- my new bob

hmmm.. actually i am trading a bike for that bike as well as an old bronco. the one in the ad, im sure u saw. I road the bike down the street. seemed to shift fine...did he say anything specific about what it was doing or why he said ti was the trans? thanks for the heads up. Oh and since you built it i was just had a few questions to make sure on some stuff

are the carbs new? whats been replaced? are the shocks rebel shocks? anyhting else you wanna tell me?

havent traded yet, supposed to sunday so a quick reply is much appreciated.

Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: October 30, 2009, 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Its me again!- my new bob

This is the value of our site Smile

borjawil, Hit this guy (the seller) with the whole story, or enough to let him know you know and gauge his reaction, If he is not forthcoming with his answers ditch him. No bike is worth buying based on lies, ( i know from experiance ).
Photo Gallery
borjawil

PostPosted: October 30, 2009, 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Its me again!- my new bob

of course, i was actually thinking today if anyone would recognize the bike lol. guess thats been answered. i would like to know how he knows theres tranny problems...the guy who now owns it doesnt seem to handy with mechanics. we shall see.

PostPosted: October 30, 2009, 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Its me again!- my new bob

borjawil wrote:
hmmm.. actually i am trading a bike for that bike as well as an old bronco. the one in the ad, im sure u saw. I road the bike down the street. seemed to shift fine...did he say anything specific about what it was doing or why he said ti was the trans? thanks for the heads up. Oh and since you built it i was just had a few questions to make sure on some stuff

are the carbs new? whats been replaced? are the shocks rebel shocks? anyhting else you wanna tell me?

havent traded yet, supposed to sunday so a quick reply is much appreciated.

Well from what I was told it pops out of gear I believe in 4th and 2nd and grinds once in a while.
The carbs are not new, original carbs. Rebel shocks. Other then that not much has been done to it. Its basically a stock xs with the rear frame loop cut off and some bolt on things like drag bars / tail light / etc. I don't really know the condition of it anymore since I havents owned it a while but either way I would stay away from it.
This bike has changed hands twice just in the last few months, somethings not right there.
borjawil

PostPosted: October 31, 2009, 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Its me again!- my new bob

gotcha. thanks for the heads up.

PostPosted: November 1, 2009, 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Its me again!- my new bob

let us know what you decide I'm just curious to see if the guy is trying to hide something or just a misunderstanding

PostPosted: November 1, 2009, 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Its me again!- my new bob

will do headed out there today.

PostPosted: November 2, 2009, 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Its me again!- my new bob

well bike seems to be fine. Asked him about the issue and he said he had mistaken it for a small problem. The shifter didnt have the bolt in it and it was move but not shift. So he says, Starts up nice and runs smooth. Drove it back from roseville to lansing. Well half way any wayl, got too cold so i parked at a car pool parking lot.

If any one needs some stock parts of an 83 let me know what you need.

Forum Index -> Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1