650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > Anyone riding the Oyster Run?

Anyone riding the Oyster Run?
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
Barbara

PostPosted: September 24, 2009, 12:32 pm    Post subject: Anyone riding the Oyster Run?

Hi Guys,

The Oyster Run is this coming Sunday (Sept 27th). Anyone from the area (Washington State/British Columbia) riding? If you are going to be there, keep an eye out for a thrashed XS650 dragging a mid-1960's gold sidecar. That'll be me, searching for other XS's and delicious bounty from the sea: Oysters!!

Usually there are thousands of average, regular (sorta overweight) Harleys, a few truly beautiful custom bikes, and an area of restored Brit bikes. I'll be the tallish redhead with two tiny tattoos, wearing a red tank-top and carrying a helmet, drooling all over the vintage Brits and doing my best to not go deaf from the open exhausts..... Laughing

Really, though, if you are within a few hundred miles, it's a great way to spend a day, and some of the bikes are amazing! Everything from a Boss Hoss to a Vincent!

See you guys in Anacortes!

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
The unnamed Triumph T-140
and the 1979 XS650....with "potential"
illie the 1980 airhead BMW
Photo Gallery
pippend650

PostPosted: September 29, 2009, 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone riding the Oyster Run?

So how was the Oyster Run???

I was in Anacortes and took the ferry to Orcas. Beautiful up there and the cherries, blueberries, and raspberries were great in July.
Barbara

PostPosted: September 29, 2009, 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone riding the Oyster Run?

Well, the Oyster Run was great! So many bikes that the cars were pushed off the roads--well, almost. Lots of food, people, bikes--and SUN!! Nice, bright, sunny Pacific Northwest day, and then on Monday it poured--but it waited until after the fun.

y own contribution? Well.....two things: first, I only saw three other sidecars, and that's in a field of around 25,000 bikes. I'm sure there were some I missed. Oh, and I saw a beautiful Ariel Square Four, too. But the second thing: the Yam was running great, even seemed to be charging well, the engine pulling like a train, and what could screw things up? Well, how about a flat tire....that'll slow ya down. Happily I was at a store that sold "Fix-a-Flat" and had an air hose, so I was only out of commission for about fifteen minutes. Now I have to change the tube, just to be sure. (Sigh)

Small price to pay for the day, though. Our own little mini-Sturgis, right here in the North-Wet!! And even the guys running colors--Banditos, for example--waved and smiled at the sidecar. It was great--like a window into a world where bikes are the majority, and the cars have to be careful.

So. I'm looking forward to next year already! Very Happy

(Oh. Riding the San Juan Islands is magnificent, and I love it, but watch out for the deer, especially in the evening. They're tame and think you are, too!)

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
The unnamed Triumph T-140
and the 1979 XS650....with "potential"
illie the 1980 airhead BMW
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1