650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Frank-in-Bike, Non XS parts that are Interchangeable > > Wheels, Brakes and Controls > > Tires / Tires / Tires

Tires / Tires / Tires
    Forum Index -> Wheels, Brakes and Controls
royfisk

PostPosted: September 3, 2006, 12:59 pm    Post subject: Tires / Tires / Tires

After spending hours looking at tires and sizes perfect for my vintage on/ off road xs. Theres alot of tires out there, theres just not enough size selection. Most of the Major manufacturers dont cover the rear 18" tire size we need. The ones that do dont offer the 19" front. However not a perfect match avon"s am 43 ? am 44 distanzia would get you up and leave you broke and still looking. Chin shin offers there c858 a 50/50 street dirt tire good priceing a little more aggressive then what I am looking for but if your riding 50% of the time on dirt roads would be fine. Kenda has there k760 which is a 80% on and 20% off road tire with a nice looking tread pattern probably goin to find its way to my bike, priced reasonable. they also offer the k761 but again leaves you with no front tire and is alot more aggressive then I want. I know I can go back and mix and match tires but I would rather stay with one brand. Has anyone mayby from the street tracker world found a decent street oriented dual purpose tire? Has anyone switched to a 21" front wheel on there tracker? I have considered this but realy dont want any faster cornering action then the speed already have. So I figured lets see what the rest of the ranks suggest??? Laughing Laughing Laughing
Photo Gallery
tracker79

PostPosted: September 4, 2006, 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Tires / Tires / Tires

I`ve been looking ino a set of trial tires for mine, they offer the sizes i want and the tread pattern matches. With these you get more tread contact with the road. Even with 20 lbs. of air in the rear the k180 locks up very easy and leaves a 2 inch wide black mark on the road. The bad part about it is the k180`s work great on the trails, i dont think i could find a better tire for that. Talk about something scarry, these tires on a wet road, i think i could light`em up in high gear. In my opinion these tires need to stay on the racetrack. I`d take 40 bucks for them before i have a burnout feast with the back tire, you better hurry though.
Photo Gallery
royfisk

PostPosted: September 4, 2006, 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Tires / Tires / Tires

Yea the trials tires are not really what I am after. They have there purpose but I still am trying to figure out who paid off the dot. I ride hard on the street and I dont think that any trials tire would be acceptable, But they sound like fun on the burnout board, probably hard to so they would burn and burn.
racer7x

PostPosted: September 5, 2006, 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Tires / Tires / Tires

I was looking at the K761 for my build. Don't you think they could be used on either end? I plan on 120/80-18 rear and 100/90-19 front.
Photo Gallery
royfisk

PostPosted: September 9, 2006, 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Tires / Tires / Tires

Absolutely racer7x and your looking at the same sizes I am.

Forum Index -> Wheels, Brakes and Controls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1