650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Welcome > > Introduce yourself to the community here > > New Georgia member

New Georgia member
    Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here
Greenbean3521

PostPosted: July 13, 2009, 4:50 pm    Post subject: New Georgia member

First off This site looks awesome !!!!(a little kissing never hurt!lol) jokes aside.... I have been reading and absorbing all the posts regarding xs 650's and boy o boy let me say there are a Sh!t load of creative people on this site wowowowow!!! Majority if not all those bobbers rock (choppers / originals) too... You guy's make it look so easy ! lol

I am looking for a low budget bobber that will be worked on 95% by me and also a dependable engine, and looks sweet! So far sounds like a xs 650 all the way ! My knowledge on the bike only goes as far as Ive read, 4 or 5 days worth .. I am above average on working on Car engines and car related stuff so I figure Im some what safe with this . Ive been riding a bike since I was 10 Im 29 now (dear lord Im almost 30 ) Ive heard nothing but good things about these bikes although Ive never seen one chopped so I am worried that It will look tiny when i sit on it ! Im no big boy( 6 foot 175lbs) but pictures are pictures!! and I really didnt want to go lower than a 750cc due to power, Iknow they make a big bore kit but that will have to be done later when I win Cash 3( and also find out the reliability) . Top end I dont really care about as long as it goes 80-85mph .

Ive watched loads of youtube videos and tried to gather as much info before I posted this but these two things are stuck in my head ! will the bike have enough umphhhh and will it look like a power wheel with me on it ! like I said I understand it only a 650 but doing the power to ratio in my head I believe that it should have enough umphh!

Sorry for the long post and the carry on sentences but I tend to Ramble on!!!!!! I plan on purchasing the bike in the next couple of months ( far away huh) but I want to make the right choice and find the right price!

y name is Mark Im new to bobbers /(or any non crotch rocket bikes )
so any advice or pointing is much appreciated thank you in advance .

THE END
650skull
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: July 13, 2009, 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: New Georgia member

Welcome Greenbean3521, As for your weight and height it won't be a problem doing the 85mph. These bikes have what you need by your description.
As for cutting them you will find there is a bit of banter between the stock and non stock bikes guys and girls. If you only bob then you may not be cutting the frame and that will give you more options if you want to sell later.

Go into the vault for any info to help you with ID'ing the different models and engine no's. that will help you decide what you are after. At the top is a sticky that is a newbies buying guide by Jayal and well worth the read.

You will get good advice from the regular posters here, they have a wealth if knowledge and will help you willingly.

Heads up: Be warned there is a poster here (jimmythetrucker) that will sometimes give advice that is marginal at best and is hell bent on disrupting posts with argumentative and abusive material. Listen to his advice at your peril

Sorry to have had to put that in. Enjoy your XS when you find it and get to work on those pesky things that you will have to go through to get to the end product.
Once again there is a wealth of knowledge in the vault to help you get started and lots of good reading

Skull
Photo Gallery
weekendrider
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: July 13, 2009, 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: New Georgia member

Welcome to the boards Greenbean! Good luck with your search for a bike.

PostPosted: July 13, 2009, 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: New Georgia member

THANK YOU . FOR THE RESPONSE !
Greenbean3521

PostPosted: July 13, 2009, 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: New Georgia member

"Heads up: Be warned there is a poster here (jimmythetrucker) that will sometimes give advice that is marginal at best and is hell bent on disrupting posts with argumentative and abusive material. Listen to his advice at your peril"

I shall take your advice!! thank you for the warning! Is there a bounty on this mans head ? All money collected from here on out is for the "PROJECT" so let me know !! paypal is cool with me ! lol j/k !
pumps
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

Location: Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.- 1977 XS650 "D" Standard

PostPosted: July 13, 2009, 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: New Georgia member

Welcome Greenbean and when you get something be sure to show us some pictures. Where are you located?

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
650skull
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: July 13, 2009, 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: New Georgia member

A bounty! I wish.

There will be a response, and i will be the on the end of it.
Photo Gallery
Greenbean3521

PostPosted: July 13, 2009, 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: New Georgia member

You know Ive been reading alot of threads/posts and everyone seems to be real nice !(so far) Anytime I do anything or want to find out about anything I "forum it" and I havent come across a thread that Ive opened that wasnt more helpful than I originally thought !

I do want to chop it (hard tail) there are some beautiful bike on here wow !!! Wait till my wife finds out about this!!!! This is gonna be great !!! DOGHOUSE here I come !!!

In response to where from- just moved to Gwinnett County Ga. from Miami Fl.

Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1