650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Motorcycle Systems > > Exhaust > > Got stock 77 mufflers anyone ??

Got stock 77 mufflers anyone ??
    Forum Index -> Exhaust
650P

PostPosted: August 19, 2006, 10:49 pm    Post subject: Got stock 77 mufflers anyone ??

Hi all,
y 77 650P has the stock mufflers on it but the previous owner axed the ends of the mufflers in an effort to making the bike sound louder !

The effect is, he ruined a perfectly good set of stock mufflers and ended up with something that both looks and sounds UGLY !!!

I want to restore the mufflers to what they should be.

Any one got photos of the tail end of a 77 muffler ?
I need photos from the rear showing the exit pipe and the end cap. Also a photo from the side to see the profile of the reverse taper.
Photo Gallery
xsfun

PostPosted: August 20, 2006, 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Got stock 77 mufflers anyone ??

they tapor down and then there is about a half inch lip straight out again , see this one I found, its a '77 D model.
www.650motorcycles.com/PerryWa.html

looks the same as the P model seen here.
www.spieleronline.de/xs650p.htm
650P

PostPosted: August 20, 2006, 2:57 pm    Post subject: how does the gas exit ?

Thanks for those links ! very helpful !!

y bike is also a "P" model (police bike)

Does the exhaust gas come out from only the pipe in the middle or does gas come out of the area surrounding the pipe also ?
Photo Gallery
xsfun

PostPosted: August 20, 2006, 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Got stock 77 mufflers anyone ??

welcome,only the pipe in the middle , it is solid around that area.
650P

PostPosted: August 30, 2006, 11:59 pm    Post subject: any 77 stock muffler photos ?

Hi XSfun, When I look into my muffler which now has its end cut off,
I see the pipe in the middle and a baffle plate with many holes in it and one pipe coming through it.

The pipe in the middle should exit the end cap of the muffler (which has been cut off mine) but then what bout the air that comes from the holes in the baffle plate and the pipe through it ?

Any possibility of getting a detaild photo of the end off the 77 stock mufflers you have for sale ?

Thanks !
Photo Gallery
xsfun

PostPosted: August 31, 2006, 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Got stock 77 mufflers anyone ??

sorry P . no digi camera here , I can tell you that there is only the hole on the end where the exhaust comes out, there is no other exit on the pipes, but what are you trying to do anyway? repair those?
650P

PostPosted: September 1, 2006, 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: Got stock 77 mufflers anyone ??

Hi,
Yeah, I want to repair my mufflers as reproductions of this particular style of muffler ain't available.
Photo Gallery
rwreed

PostPosted: September 1, 2006, 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Got stock 77 mufflers anyone ??

650P,
I have a 77 "D" model and will take a picture tonight. Will try to post tomorrow or will send in a PM.

Slimbob

Photo Gallery
650P

PostPosted: September 1, 2006, 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Got stock 77 mufflers anyone ??

Hey,

Thanks !! I look forward to the photo
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Exhaust All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1