650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Motorcycle Systems > > Electrical > > I shouldnt have all this much fun,,,

I shouldnt have all this much fun,,,
    Forum Index -> Electrical
280shooter

PostPosted: May 13, 2009, 7:58 pm    Post subject: I shouldnt have all this much fun,,,

I took off the head light... look what I found,

The bars arent stock. the dealer put them on. and spliced in longer wires.and it looks like green was the color of the day,, So it looks like its going to take a week or so to put the bars that came with the bike on,if i can figure out the color sceam,

650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 13, 2009, 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: I shouldnt have all this much fun,,,

hi Bob, 75 model right? yeah you're going to have some fun there, you'll probably going to have to get inside of the switches and use a continuety meter to find both ends of each wire and then put a tag on them, are your wires inside the bars or outside? thinking if outside you might be able to unwrap part way to find right colors, you can find a wiring dia. in my (jayels album) good luck and don't have to much fun all at once
280shooter

PostPosted: May 13, 2009, 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: I shouldnt have all this much fun,,,

oh the wires are all inside the bars.I bet they took. the corect color wire.cut it off. added green wire in between the correct color wires...MAYBE, I did find where they put wires end to end, the black tape on some were dried up// and bare wires were exposed.im not going to mess with the wires untill i get the parts I ordered from mikes.I have a set of condensers coming, i think thats part of my problems. and the left carb may have to come back off. and cleaned out for the 4th time,,Just more fun,,
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 13, 2009, 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: I shouldnt have all this much fun,,,

280 shooter, I have the utmost pity for you, as I just did a car that was a V.W. shortened & had a MGB kit put on it. Every wire, & i mean every wire, was yellow, ground's included. What a nitemare! I did use my dvom,with 25' probe wire's to trace out the whole harness after repairing the "smoked" wiring. 2 week's off & on, cust. is happy,as he has all the nessisitie's,like start, stop, lite's, signal's, defroster,& of course ,tune's.Good luck, I'll think about ya from time to time. Gordo Rolling Eyes
280shooter

PostPosted: May 13, 2009, 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: I shouldnt have all this much fun,,,

well everything works. when you use a turn signal or the head light,,its just i want the stock style bars back on it..and i want the head light bucket off so i can either paint it or have it powder coated.plus the left side that hold the head light,, that bracet is rusted,

PostPosted: May 14, 2009, 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: I shouldnt have all this much fun,,,

Yee-gads, what a mess. Good luck Bob

Forum Index -> Electrical All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1