650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Stock Bikes > > Original Equipment Restoration Projects > > tx650 partial resto

tx650 partial resto
Go to page Previous  1, 2
    Forum Index -> Original Equipment Restoration Projects
Retiredgentleman
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: July 19, 2009, 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: tx650 partial resto

Nice paint job! Your bike is looking super good now.

Yes, your bike came with only one 20 amp fuse, which is a bare bones electrical set up. It would be a good idea to put a 7.5 amp fuse in series with the ignition coil/pamco. Also could put a 10 amp fuse in the feed to the headlight.

shmuckingham

PostPosted: July 19, 2009, 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: tx650 partial resto

ok cool- ill get those soon. glad you like it!! it is a blast to ride!- i still have the side cover emblems- but they are not in the greatest shape- chromed plastic- and broke off in a couple spots. i need to find out if there are any out there.or if theres an acceptable color to paint them.
JeffM

PostPosted: July 21, 2009, 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: tx650 partial resto

Nice bike, great example of an early one.

Paint looks great, nice to have a talented neighbour! I really like the idea of echoing the original stripes.

Those sidecovers look really good with the swoop of plastic molding, I have seen a few pics where the shape has been painted on as well.

I'm pretty sure an RD has an 18" front. You could trim the front of one of your originals and just keep the back brace, I had a cb400f and the stock fender had just a back brace. Cleans up the front a bit and still helps keep the feet dry. Don't paint it! (well maybe black, but then you'd have to paint both fenders}

I like the bars! Classic look, nicer than stock imho. They match the height of the guages well and should be comfortable with the stock pegs. I might rotate them back in the clamps a bit so they 'droop' more and the ends are lower.

I only use one mirror as well, but I like it on the other side! Smile

Forum Index -> Original Equipment Restoration Projects All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2