650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Motorcycle Systems > > Exhaust > > Question about headers

Question about headers
    Forum Index -> Exhaust
MN_TX650

PostPosted: April 13, 2009, 11:07 am    Post subject: Question about headers

Do all 650 headers angle in towards the frame? I am trying to mount my cocktail shaker mufflers, and they won't clear the passnger peg brackets. the headers bend in by the motor and hug the frame tight. I am wondering if all years and model are like this? If I could find a setup that would work on my 73 that didn't angle like this, I think I could get the mufflers to work. Otherwise, I may have to look for new pipes Sad
TeeCat

PostPosted: April 13, 2009, 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Question about headers

With your apparent skills, could you fab two short couplings (I had Midas do a pair for me on my Ninja 250R for my Supertrapps) that would correct the angle of the headers and accept your muffs?

TC
Photo Gallery
MN_TX650

PostPosted: April 13, 2009, 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Question about headers

I had thought about that...and was also thinking a different set of headers cut down might work also. Just don't want to molest my TX headers at all. Might grab the ones off my 78 and see how they line up first. I think shorter would be better than longer with these mufflers. Going to mess with it more this weekend, but thought I would see if anyone knew the differences between header pipes on the different bikes...
woodman

PostPosted: April 13, 2009, 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Question about headers

I have the Dunstall replicas on my 78 and they fit Ok on the factory head pipes.

Forum Index -> Exhaust All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1