650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Stock Bikes > > Original Equipment Restoration Projects > > Fork Braces

Fork Braces
Go to page Previous  1, 2
    Forum Index -> Original Equipment Restoration Projects
bluebikerblan

PostPosted: March 13, 2009, 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Fork Braces

T-kat fork brace update.....for those concerned about timely availability and service. I ordered my brace by e-mail and snail mailed a personal check 3/6 and received my fork brace today 3/13. Well made machined product, great communication and service. Very satisfied! Best, Blue
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

Location: Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.- 1977 XS650 "D" Standard

PostPosted: March 13, 2009, 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Fork Braces

Thanks for the review! Show us a picture when you get it on the bike?

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
xsleo

PostPosted: March 14, 2009, 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Fork Braces

The stock fender, with it's heavy mount, works as a brace. Adding more bracing over the stock will help. If you run without a front fender then adding a brace is almost a requirement.

'75 XS650B with a 79 dual disc front end, rear disk brake, Chrysler reg, Radio Shack rect, LED tail/ brake and turn signals.
Photo Gallery
YamahaRick

PostPosted: March 14, 2009, 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Fork Braces

Has anyone seen the old ATK dirtbike style brace they used to make for the 650? I have one and I was thinking of making up few revised versions out of solid billet.
If anyone is interested let me know. I will post picks tomorrow. Tkat's brace is more or less a copy of that old design but made in a way to reduce machining costs. The real difference in the standard vs. Special is in the heights of the fenders between the 2. the ATK i have came with metal reducer rings in order to fit a wider range of bikes.
bluebikerblan

PostPosted: March 17, 2009, 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Tkat Fork Brace

Tkat Fork Brace for both 34 mm and 35 mm XS 650 forks.

FYI... I have confirmed with Tkat that they do have a CNC program to produce their Fork Brace for 34 mm forks of pre-77' 650 Standards as well as the 35 mm forks of both later Standards and Specials.

The primary differences being the clamping diameter sizes of 50 mm vs 55 mm. The 35 mm F/B is stocked product inventory. Whereas the fork brace for 34 mm forks is machined to order only. As much as 1 month lead time can be needed.

price $90 presently either size............price increase April

www.tkat.com/forkbrace.html ...... Best, Blue

Forum Index -> Original Equipment Restoration Projects All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2