650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber! > > new bobber

new bobber
    Forum Index -> Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber!
calicruiser

PostPosted: February 7, 2009, 1:44 am    Post subject: new bobber

check it out here:

www.freewebs.com/glcho...edbike.htm

thanks,
josh

gunn11.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  239.17 KB
 Viewed:  369 Time(s)

gunn11.jpg

ghostyder

PostPosted: February 7, 2009, 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: new bobber

nice bike. why are the foot pegs the only thing that is white? i like white pegs but why not the grips? maybe the seat? keepin the pegs clean wont be fun, i dont think. lol

really nice bike though.

PostPosted: February 7, 2009, 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: new bobber

ghostyder wrote:
nice bike. why are the foot pegs the only thing that is white? i like white pegs but why not the grips? maybe the seat? keepin the pegs clean wont be fun, i dont think. lol

really nice bike though.

LOL they are aluminum!!!! It was pretty sunny the day we took pics so that is why they appear pretty bright.

josh
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: February 7, 2009, 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: new bobber

Bloody luverly... Wink
gradually losing intrest... God help me...
Photo Gallery
Hillchop

PostPosted: February 7, 2009, 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: new bobber

nice work, as usual...been lurking on your site for a while, are you guys still making bars? having a hell of a time finding something good in 7/8...
calicruiser

PostPosted: February 7, 2009, 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: new bobber

Hillchop wrote:
nice work, as usual...been lurking on your site for a while, are you guys still making bars? having a hell of a time finding something good in 7/8...

thanks man, nah we usually get our bars from biltwell because that is what the customers want right now. But, biltwell has put their bars on hold for the time being. whatcha lookin for?

josh
choprodxs

PostPosted: February 8, 2009, 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: new bobber

I think I read somewhere that Biltwell had a recall cuz some of their bars broke? If that's true you do feel they are still safe to use?
Cool bike looks like your other builds but hey if it ain't broke don't fix it ,right.Nothing wrong with that.
Hillchop

PostPosted: February 8, 2009, 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: new bobber

calicruiser wrote:
Hillchop wrote:

thanks man, nah we usually get our bars from biltwell because that is what the customers want right now. But, biltwell has put their bars on hold for the time being. whatcha lookin for?

josh

was diggin the biltwell "frisco" bars but yea, the bastards stopped makin em...2-3 bars out of 800 had cracks or something? sucks...was thinking something in between those and traditional apes...ape-ish but with less outward taper, bit more parallel between the vertical rises....s***, you guys wouldn't happen to have a set of the 7/8 friscos layin around would you? Razz
Finksies

PostPosted: February 8, 2009, 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: new bobber

Biltbad... I was having the same problem look food decent looking 7/8" bars, so o I just convered it to 1". I think it was worth it. Like a million more options and they look alittle beefier.
calicruiser

PostPosted: February 8, 2009, 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: new bobber

choprodxs wrote:
I think I read somewhere that Biltwell had a recall cuz some of their bars broke? If that's true you do feel they are still safe to use?
Cool bike looks like your other builds but hey if it ain't broke don't fix it ,right.Nothing wrong with that.

yeah a lot of our bikes look similar because they are all customer builds. The customer tells us what they want and we build it. UNfortunately, lots of them look at the website and dig a bike we already built and want one similar so we can't really build "outside our box" so to speak. We should have a few different ones in the coming months though. keep your eyes peeled and thanks for the comps.

as far as the bars, the customer knows about the recall and wanted to keep them. I will be running their bars on my bike. looked at the welds and they look fine. I dont forsee a problem!

josh
calicruiser

PostPosted: February 8, 2009, 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: new bobber

Hillchop wrote:
calicruiser wrote:
Hillchop wrote:

josh

was diggin the biltwell "frisco" bars but yea, the bastards stopped makin em...2-3 bars out of 800 had cracks or something? sucks...was thinking something in between those and traditional apes...ape-ish but with less outward taper, bit more parallel between the vertical rises....s***, you guys wouldn't happen to have a set of the 7/8 friscos layin around would you? Razz

we MAY have a set at the shop. Give Rich a call and ask him if they are already spoken for. I am not sure if they are or not. 719-550-0096

thanks
josh
Hillchop

PostPosted: February 9, 2009, 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: new bobber

will do, thanks for the heads up
ted650chopper

PostPosted: February 15, 2009, 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: new bobber

very clean bike. are you using builtwell handlebars?

PostPosted: February 17, 2009, 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: new bobber

ted650chopper wrote:
very clean bike. are you using builtwell handlebars?

yeah biltwell frisco bars

Forum Index -> Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1