650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Welcome > > Introduce yourself to the community here > > kiwi/aussie 650 rider in philippines!

kiwi/aussie 650 rider in philippines!
    Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here
philby

PostPosted: July 10, 2006, 1:21 am    Post subject: kiwi/aussie 650 rider in philippines!

hi guys..been on the site for a month or so, so thought id better introduce myself. im phil cameron.new zealand born, australian resident.trying to reside in the philippines as much as possible.hey the beer & foods cheap- the girls are beautiful and the weathers great for riding.only downfall is the severe lack of bike parts. im 42 yrs old & just rekindled the xs spirit i left behind (but NEVER forgot!) back around 1986. back then i had about 6 or so xs650's over a ten year period. ive been coming to the philippines for just over a year now.over that year i was stuck riding a 110cc loncin (honda copy) scooter. the pain i endured riding that bike was extreme! about 6 mths ago i spotted an xs in a real rough lookin bike workshop.(dont know if youd call it a workshop,as basically everything was tied up with wire and extremely suspect. i tried to start the bike but it was a no-go. well just last month i dropped in to the joint and saw the boys had painted the engine with silver paint and put a harly lookin tank and king/queen seat on it... hmmmmm didnt look too bad! the chrome even looked good.well, i took over the workshop (took my own tools this time!). i dropped the tank off and got all the crap out of it, (overspray,rust,water dead baby frogs- the usual you learn to expect here!). fitted a fuel filter and some new lines to it.i took it 4 a test ride and fell in love with it- despite no front brake not working, the back brake just working & the clutch slipping! i 'accidently' flew past a police outpost on the test ride and thought they were waving at me- so i threw up a quick wave and kept going.... bad mistake! on the way back past i found a couple of deadly lookin assault rifles levelled at me behind 2 really serious lookin dudes! well they were just kiddin and wanted a closer look at the bike...good thing my pace maker had new batteries! (but that king/queen seat was now a smelly black and tan colour!). well they checked my licence and told me i shouldnt buy the bike as it was too dear.'why you not buy my bike?..(head dude said)..it only same price...you take for ride...' i said: wow...thats a nice bike..so much chrome,, but its ok i not ride it! (bugger that: it was a chinese built 'zing shin' or something...lights, sirens, fairing, saddle bags...looked like something out of CHIPS (the dude even looked like eric estrada!). many trials and tribulations later and the bikes looking better and goin good. some issues still remaining to resolve (carbs, points/CDI change over, and the list goes on ... but at least now im king s..t! got the biggest bike here and noone overtakes me! eat my dust all you suckers on your loncin/sky go/kymco/zing shin chinese 110 and 150 scooters and harly look alikes! sorry if this was a long introduction guys...ill fill you in on more of the wonders of the world down here in the blogs section at a later date! thanks for being here 650rider- you guys are great! here in backward land its bloody hard gettin info... members etc.. you are all greatly appreciated!

IT'S ALL GOOD BABY!....

IT'S ALL GOOD!
Photo Gallery
smokeyman66
Moderator Swap Meet
Moderator Swap Meet

PostPosted: July 19, 2006, 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: kiwi/aussie 650 rider in philippines!

OMG, It's a novel!!! Welcome to the forum.

Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1