650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > The Swap Meet > > A place to clean out your garage - Give Aways > > FS-Big Bore kit,starter parts w/gears, CF mufflers

FS-Big Bore kit,starter parts w/gears, CF mufflers
    Forum Index -> A place to clean out your garage - Give Aways
andysrage

PostPosted: January 25, 2009, 11:46 pm    Post subject: FS-Big Bore kit,starter parts w/gears, CF mufflers

I'm trying to do some pre-spring cleaning in the garage in an effort to be more productive in getting the bikes ready for the riding season. Most of the parts were accumulated for a '79 Standard that I had hoped to build in a "Sport Classic" theme. I have since sold that bike to focus more on the "Period Cafe" '73 project bike. If interested in anything or for pictures of any items, please email at amc22 @ drexel.edu. Thanks

1. 80mm Big bore kit for 447 engine. Two Wiseco pistons, rings, 20mm pins and clips. Cometic headgasket for max 80.5mm. Two 80mm cylinder sleeves: $200 w/o sleeves, $350 with sleeves.

2. Brand new NOS Burgundy/Red tank. Never had gas in it, no petcocks or gas cap. Has one tiny spot of touchup paint. I'm keeping this since the Item below has sold.

3. Black with gold pinstripe tank. Very clean inside with hardley a few specks of rust. One petcocks should be replaced, other rebuilt at minimum. I don't have the key for the cap but tank is open. Paint could use buffing and waxing: Sold to drifter!

4.Used clubman bars, chrome. Never dropped when in use. 26.5" overall width, 5.25" center clamp, 9.75" between "bullhorns" (clears gauges), 6"drop at ends as measured with center "bullhorns" horizontal: SOLD!

5. Working starter motor, solenoid and all reduction gears, shaft & Bendix taken from a '73 tx650: $30.

6. Ignition mechanical advance, advance rod, points setup, coils and capacitors for a '73 TX650. Bike was running prior to removal: SOLD!

7. A pair of 3.5" OD Borla carbon fiber mufflers that are no longer made. Polished stainless 2.5" short taper cone on inlet side, polished 5.5" long taper cone on outlet side, 7.75" carbon fiber center sleeve, overall 16" (17.5" with inlet slip-fit). 1.75" ID inlet and outlet. Originally for a Harley Sportsters, I had planned on swapping the inlet/outlet for a modern take on a reverse cone megaphone (if you want, I can cut and TIG weld them for you). Had a similar Carbon fiber Borla on a BMW and it sounded great. These mufflers had little more than a tuning session from the Harley shop I got them from. Included is one 3.5" Supertrapp muffler hanger: $100 for the pair ($30 to swap inlet-to-outlet side)

1989 Yamaha XT350-trail beater

Last edited by andysrage on February 2, 2009, 1:18 am; edited 2 times in total
drifter
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: January 26, 2009, 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: FS-Big Bore kit,clubmans,starter,advance,XS750 tank, etc.

I'm interested in the black with gold stripe XS750 tank. I sent an email.

Dave

"Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers." Hunter S. Thompson
Photo Gallery
andysrage

PostPosted: January 27, 2009, 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: FS-Big Bore kit,clubmans,starter,advance,XS750 tank, etc.

The black XS750 tank has been sold so I'm hanging onto the Red one. Everything else is still available. Make an offer if interested.
andysrage

PostPosted: February 2, 2009, 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: FS-Big Bore kit,starter parts w/gears, CF mufflers

Editted title and original post to indicate clubman bars and ignition advance parts have sold. Please email me for pictures,more info or any reasonable offer of remaining parts at amc22 @ drexel.edu.
thanks

xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: February 4, 2009, 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: FS-Big Bore kit,starter parts w/gears, CF mufflers

...selling one of my kids , whoring out my bird..Counting my dosh..
gradually losing intrest... God help me...
Photo Gallery
JeffM

PostPosted: February 4, 2009, 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: FS-Big Bore kit,starter parts w/gears, CF mufflers

xs1961... too funny...

Andysrage... looking forward to seeing pics of the 'period cafe'. I like that approach, gives a nice unified look. I would enjoy hearing about some of the parts you have gathered for the build.
tito650

PostPosted: February 8, 2009, 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: FS-Big Bore kit,starter parts w/gears, CF mufflers

i just wanna thank andysrage very much. i purchased some parts from him and just wanna say this guy is first class. it was a very smooth easy transaction and everthing was top notch! thanks again !
Photo Gallery
drifter
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: February 8, 2009, 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: FS-Big Bore kit,starter parts w/gears, CF mufflers

I agree with tito650 regarding andysrage. Got the tank fast and it is better than his description. Easy purchase and pleasant emails. Andysrage is one of the reasons this is such a great forum. Owners/fans helping each other and making it a fun sport!

Dave

"Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers." Hunter S. Thompson
Photo Gallery
andysrage

PostPosted: February 9, 2009, 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: FS-Big Bore kit,starter parts w/gears, CF mufflers

Thanks for the good words, guys. I'm just glad the parts are going to good homes with a future in somebody's cool project. I'm not looking to profit on any parts, just free up some space and $$ to focus on my '73 build, now that I don't have the '79 that some of these parts were slated for. So, if anyone is intested in parts but thinks I'm asking too much, just make me a reasonable offer. Honestly, I can't even remeber what I paid for most of the aftermarket parts! Laughing Cheaper than Ducati parts, I assure you! Mad

Now, ideally, I'll find a nice home for the Big Bore kit but keep the Sleeves! This way I can resleeve the motor and get 80mm pistons for the 22mm pin 256 engine. Since I'm keeping the compression release, I think kick starting a hi-comp 750cc mill may not be that bad, even with a hotter cam.

As for JeffM comments, I'll try to start posting over in the Cafe section with some build updates and/or concepts.

xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: February 9, 2009, 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: FS-Big Bore kit,starter parts w/gears, CF mufflers

PM'd you mate
Photo Gallery
Srinath

PostPosted: September 23, 2009, 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: FS-Big Bore kit,starter parts w/gears, CF mufflers

1. 80mm Big bore kit for 447 engine. Two Wiseco pistons, rings, 20mm pins and clips. Cometic headgasket for max 80.5mm. Two 80mm cylinder sleeves: $200 w/o sleeves, $350 with sleeves.

[/quote]

Hey man, you sill have this ?
Cool.
Srinath.
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: September 23, 2009, 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: FS-Big Bore kit,starter parts w/gears, CF mufflers

..Theyre nicely installed in one of my motors mate..sorry.. Wink
Photo Gallery
Srinath

PostPosted: September 23, 2009, 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: FS-Big Bore kit,starter parts w/gears, CF mufflers

K cool.
Srinath.

Forum Index -> A place to clean out your garage - Give Aways All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1