650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Welcome > > Introduce yourself to the community here > > Introduce my British XS650

Introduce my British XS650
    Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here
PetesPonies

PostPosted: January 25, 2009, 3:13 pm    Post subject: Introduce my British XS650

I am building a 50s-60s Bristish look bike from a '75 XS650. I thought I would post a couple in progress shotss. I should be done by good weather. This time I'm posting a pic of my modifed side covers. I wanted to uncover the air filters and also have a spot to mount the ignition switch. Since these covers are metal, they are easy modifed. Lots of modifying ( welding ) of the headlight and brackets to get rid of the rubber mounts. I rewired it for the mini gauges and turn signals. The bars are flatter and of course the entire front end is blacked out. Basically the front end is done. I'm working my way to the rear. Whatcha think?

mvc-045s.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  145.01 KB
 Viewed:  326 Time(s)

mvc-045s.jpg

mvc-043s.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  38.54 KB
 Viewed:  367 Time(s)

mvc-043s.jpg

mvc-034s.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  39.28 KB
 Viewed:  331 Time(s)

mvc-034s.jpg

Last edited by PetesPonies on January 25, 2009, 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Barbara

PostPosted: January 25, 2009, 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Introduce my British XS650

Looks good, Pete!

Reminds me of fumbling around for the key on various Commando's. Is that a '75?

Of course, if you want to really do "Brit" on it, you might want to completely remove the key, and just have a kill button, or rig a compression release to stop the engine. (I have a BSA B44 with no kill button or switch--just a compression release!)

Let's see--headlights that are a sort of dim brown, a tail-light that can be seen at least 15 feet, and you'll have to remove two of the main bearings on the crank. That should do it..... Laughing

Kidding, of course. I love the Brit look and I especially like your air filters! I might do that with my Triumph!

Welcome to the site---nice pictures!

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
The unnamed Triumph T-140
and the 1979 XS650....with "potential"
illie the 1980 airhead BMW
Photo Gallery
PetesPonies

PostPosted: January 25, 2009, 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Introduce my British XS650

Here's another shot.

mvc-042s.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  40.11 KB
 Viewed:  309 Time(s)

mvc-042s.jpg

Barbara

PostPosted: January 25, 2009, 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Introduce my British XS650

Nice, especially the fender--I mean "mud-guard". Are you going to make a "pedestrian slicer" front "license" plate for it?

Very nice bike!

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
The unnamed Triumph T-140
and the 1979 XS650....with "potential"
illie the 1980 airhead BMW
Photo Gallery
PetesPonies

PostPosted: January 25, 2009, 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Introduce my British XS650

Yes, it MUST have a slicer Smile I'm not sure what to put on it, any ideas?
jayel
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: January 25, 2009, 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Introduce my British XS650

the british £ sign with what you paid for the bike, you'll have to figure the exchange rate tho'
Retiredgentleman
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: January 25, 2009, 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Introduce my British XS650

How about putting "blimme" on the slicer. The bike is looking good.
Photo Gallery
PetesPonies

PostPosted: January 26, 2009, 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Introduce my British XS650

Thanks for the ideas. When I make a slicer, I'll post a pic. Now I'm finishing the side covers and running the wires to the new switch location. Then I can begin with the rear of the bike, which I haven't started. I'm going to remove the swing arm, rebush and paint. I will be using the stock rear fender, but different signals and taillight . . so some welding will be needed first. Then the rear wheel has to be done like I did the front etc etc. I'm also building 3 cars at the same moment . . so I'm hoping to be done in a few months.
PetesPonies

PostPosted: August 9, 2009, 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Introduce my British XS650

Its been a while, but I'm still working on it. I have been very busy with other car projects and land I pirchased. But . . here is an update. I finally got the rear wheel hb painted and mounted as well as adapting the Triumph rear shocks. You cam also see the side cover which I showed earlier is now painted.

yam2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  542.97 KB
 Viewed:  310 Time(s)

yam2.jpg

yam1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  520.74 KB
 Viewed:  332 Time(s)

yam1.jpg

PetesPonies

PostPosted: September 29, 2009, 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Introduce my British XS650

updated pics

650 exhaust.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  606.57 KB
 Viewed:  319 Time(s)

650 exhaust.jpg

650seat.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  713.19 KB
 Viewed:  314 Time(s)

650seat.jpg

RedShift42

PostPosted: October 4, 2009, 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: Introduce my British XS650

Eight months and 9 posts, yet nobody has commented on the Shel' Mustang in the background??

For shame...

Nice bike, Pete, nicer car!

-Eric.

PostPosted: October 4, 2009, 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: Introduce my British XS650

..need to get glasses...i see it is G.T. (not GX)...a shelby...

(well, if it really was a GX 350, then it would be super rare...a dealer car from John Bleakley Ford in Lithia Springs, supercharged, aluminum heads, GT40 upper and lower intakes, and a Saleen body kit, apparently only 5 ever made, 4 were registered, one of which has been totalled...apparently ford told him to stop making them and not to step out of line again)

Last edited by despecial on October 4, 2009, 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
RandyRyder

PostPosted: October 4, 2009, 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Introduce my British XS650

In Missouri, in a small town, at three o'clock on a Saturday afternoon, I sat on my scooter and watch a Shelby GT-350 go six times around the town square -- sideways. The whole town filled up with blue smoke. The county sheriff was watching right next to me. When it was over, the sheriff got in his prowler and drove away. I asked one of the yokels why the sheriff didn't do anything.

"Him? Oh. Uh, he owns the tire shop," is what I was told.

PostPosted: October 5, 2009, 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: Introduce my British XS650

No such thing as a GX?? Yes its a '66 GT350 . . clone. Its been cloned since 1983 . . built from a wrcked GT350. I have lots of Mustangs . . . see signature.
despecial

PostPosted: October 5, 2009, 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: Introduce my British XS650

doch...not GLX-see above-the '93 GX was a limited edition produced by a dealer-$37699-so not an official ford model-apparently made over 450 hp at the rear spinning the tires going into 4th at about 100 mph-was a GT body converted, boxed in control arms, roll bar, frame connectors, strange third member, super charger, aluminum heads, GT 40 upper and lower intake, ReCarro seats, Cartech fuel pump, 9 inch rear end, detroit locker, 370 gears, 3 inch flowmaster race mufflers, P/A C4 with trans brake........and much more...

-when i first noticed it i read the .T. as an X and got a bit excited-a combination of old eyes and a slightly out of focus image

Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1