650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > It followed me home 1975 XS

It followed me home 1975 XS
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
steveypsi

PostPosted: December 12, 2008, 3:24 pm    Post subject: It followed me home 1975 XS

1975 XS 650 with 2500 miles on it, Looks good but the tank has several dent's on the left side, other than that its in really good shape, new battery and all the electrical worked signals brake and head lights,,, picked it up in a snow day and 25 Degree's F
Haven't started it yet, Mufflers stock and perfect, got a extra tank with it, set 2 into 1 Muffler which I don't care for at all, Chain guard etc, about 2 X2 ft box extra parts, shocks head light buckets and other thing's.
couldn't resist it for 450.00 US
I didn't have a 75, now I have the 75 a 77-78-79-and a 81 also A Harley 1200 sportster, I like the XS's better, harleys pretty and sounds good but some thing about the twin XS draws me.
Friend said now you can sell a couple of them, I said No I don't think so I have a shed and garage and they are not in the way
Heres the newest one the 75
i221.photobucket.com/a...650005.jpg

i221.photobucket.com/a...650007.jpg
Photo Gallery
Retiredgentleman
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: December 12, 2008, 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: It followed me home 1975 XS

Nice bike and good price. Don't know how you guys can look after so many bikes. Makes me want to buy a second bike Smile
Photo Gallery
steveypsi

PostPosted: December 12, 2008, 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: It followed me home 1975 XS

Retiredgentleman wrote:
Nice bike and good price. Don't know how you guys can look after so many bikes. Makes me want to buy a second bike Smile
I enjoy polishing up the rims and case's, watching the blahh disapear with every minute of work, I like painting the tanks and side covers if needed, making them look like new. Its relaxing to me, Been retired 23 years and can't stand to set still or watch T.V,
The first one I bought a 1979 is one of my favorites for $400.00, recovered the seat, painted the side covers and tank, polished all the allum parts and replaced the head pipes and put on slash mufflers, after I had it running like new and painted up I called the guy who sold it to me (he buys and sells old bikes) to come over and see it.
He said that can't be the same bike, he kept repeating WOW, He thought that I was some one that wouldn't appriciate that it was a XS650 and ruin it.
heres a movie of that first one running with the slashcut muffs unk brand on it but the bike was not finnished, hadn't polished the alum or painted the tank and side covers yet
s221.photobucket.com/a...onbike.flv
Photo Gallery
Barbara

PostPosted: December 12, 2008, 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: It followed me home 1975 XS

Hey Steve,

Cool bike! Apparently 'tis the season for finding XS650's! Hang on to them--one can never have too many bikes! Oh, and if you want to be rid of those two-into-one pipes, give me a shout, OK? I may need that set-up for a cafe bike...

I like those slash mufflers.....

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
The unnamed Triumph T-140
and the 1979 XS650....with "potential"
illie the 1980 airhead BMW
Photo Gallery
Retiredgentleman
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: December 12, 2008, 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: It followed me home 1975 XS

Steve; I had a look at your photo album. I like your R/C aircraft. Looks like the deer are pretty tame in your area.
Photo Gallery
pumps
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

Location: Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.- 1977 XS650 "D" Standard

PostPosted: December 13, 2008, 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: It followed me home 1975 XS

Looks like a great find!

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
steveypsi

PostPosted: December 14, 2008, 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: It followed me home 1975 XS

Retiredgentleman wrote:
Steve; I had a look at your photo album. I like your R/C aircraft. Looks like the deer are pretty tame in your area.

They are , live out of a city about 4 miles in the country, One came up in the yard about 20 feet from the porch where I was setting and my little dog in the photo was going to run out in the yard, I hollered at her to stay and the deer just stood there looking at her and pawing the ground, little nut case growling and the deer pawing, wish I would have had my camera, deer didn't pay any attention to me just wanted to whip my 9 pound dog

Oh, and if you want to be rid of those two-into-one pipes, give me a shout, OK? I may need that set-up for a cafe bike...

It was so cold when I brought the stuff home I didn't look at the parts close, I did notice that the exhaust flanges were not on the 2 into 1 set, I thought about it the past few days and there must have been 2 piece clamps and not a single piece, don't know how to describe it other than a 2 piece half round matching the pipe dia would mount on one head bolt,supossed to be 40 today and I will look in the box of parts to see if I can find what mounted the pipes to the head, no one would have cut them off, has to be a 2 piece way of mounting them, I have no use for them and if I come up with the mounting clamps I would give them to you, just pay shipping.
I will let you know in a few days
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1