650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > I have a slight Ducati problem...

I have a slight Ducati problem...
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
oldskoolcool

PostPosted: November 25, 2008, 11:34 pm    Post subject: I have a slight Ducati problem...

I Traded my Sport Classic GT1000 off on a 2004 999 MonoPosto. Has a ton of light weight CF goodies on it, Full Termignoni Exhaust w/ecu and a new motor with 1000km's on it (cylinderhead casting flaw)

mine is the middle one in this picture. (yes the actual bike)

Should be around the 134RWHP mark and around the high 70's for Torque. Italian Vtwin power at it's best. (the new 1198 makes 170HP with 99ftlbs out of a twin!! Shocked )

LtoR 998s, 999, 1098s

I hope to put on a good amount of Km's in the black hills to see what it can do. ( i still ride the hell out of my XS quite regularly, it's just to much fun)
metalredneck

PostPosted: November 26, 2008, 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a slight Ducati problem...

Ducati knows how to make a mechanic out of a rider.
oldskoolcool

PostPosted: November 26, 2008, 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a slight Ducati problem...

Another mis-informed person. The days of past unreliability have somewhat dissappeared. i had some problems with mine, but 07's were bad due to new electronics. I have friends with 40,000km's on their monsters and havent missed a beat.

and also beat the s*** out of the Japanese in British Superbike, World Superbike and MotoGP. Laughing

I guess if i wanted to ride a soulless, disposable, new jap bike built with lackluster parts i could have. but they do nothing to stimulate the senses.
Barbara

PostPosted: November 26, 2008, 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a slight Ducati problem...

........I have a "slight Ducati problem" myself!

I don't have one.... Crying or Very sad

Beautiful bike, just beautiful!

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
The unnamed Triumph T-140
and the 1979 XS650....with "potential"
illie the 1980 airhead BMW
Photo Gallery
oldskoolcool

PostPosted: November 26, 2008, 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a slight Ducati problem...

funny though, i get just as much pleasure from riding my old Japanese stuff that i re-built.
tacoswild

PostPosted: November 26, 2008, 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a slight Ducati problem...

Great bike. I love my xs but I really crave a modern performance monster. They're budget busters though...

At least on my budget! Cool
oldskoolcool

PostPosted: November 26, 2008, 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a slight Ducati problem...

Depends what you want for a motor. you can pick up an older aircooled 2v for a decent price.
sschering

PostPosted: November 27, 2008, 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: I have a slight Ducati problem...

Verry nice!

I have a friend who rides a 1098R.. It's a beautiful bike..

I'd like to get an 06 Sport Classic 1000 Monoposto myself.

William's Law ...
Barbara

PostPosted: November 27, 2008, 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: I have a slight Ducati problem...

Hi Guys,

Actually, this is gonna sound silly, but the Ducati I really lust for is a mid-1960's 250 Diana. The seat is like a brick, it's a single with Italian electrics, but that engine----it's just SO beautiful, and I really wanted one while I was riding around on a Lambretta scooter and a BSA D-1 Bantam.

And I never got the Diana.....yet.

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
Photo Gallery
sschering

PostPosted: November 27, 2008, 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: I have a slight Ducati problem...

Diana pic here
www.motoscrubs.com/Duc...CN1531.JPG

I hope my BSA C15 turns out half as nice.

William's Law ...
oldskoolcool

PostPosted: November 27, 2008, 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: I have a slight Ducati problem...

Quote::
I'd like to get an 06 Sport Classic 1000 Monoposto myself.

to bad they are not really taken as a serious bike in in italy, as the suspension is just horrid on them.
Barbara

PostPosted: November 27, 2008, 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a slight Ducati problem...

(With apologies for the little hijack....)

That a very nice Diana!! How do you get more Italian than that, unless it's a "Ticket Me Red" MV?? (With Mike Hailwood on it....)

A C15 is a neat little bike--nicer engine than my B25, and lighter than my B44s. I'd like to find one sometime! "Course, I'd like to find one of just about everything some time....

And I want an SR500 engine to stuff into a spare BSA B44 frame I have lying about, too!

Hi. I'm Barb and I'm an addict....

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
Photo Gallery
metalredneck

PostPosted: November 27, 2008, 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a slight Ducati problem...

Hey, if you like it, ride it. I can't justify disposing of my income that way, so I ride the soul-less jap bikes. Wow, sounds like a Harley ad...
As for losing races; shall we ask the Doctor?

rossi.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  74.91 KB
 Viewed:  86 Time(s)

rossi.jpg

yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: November 27, 2008, 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a slight Ducati problem...

Nice1 Oldskool, give it the berries!
oldskoolcool wrote:

and also beat the s*** out of the Japanese in British Superbike, World Superbike and MotoGP.

I thought for a while the dukes might of been in trouble next year with no Troy B, Nori Haga however is as good a replacement as it gets!
Depends of course on how well the Beemers start off, if they are any good Troy C will get them all thinking for sure!
I also think Broc Parkes & Jonny Rea will push a bit this year, sadly I predict a downward slide for Chubby Checa.........time to go home Carlos!

I'm with Barbara, my Ducati problem is empty garage space- a Silver/Blue 900SS bevel drive would be just fine thanks Santa, or if your out of those a MHR would be terrific thanks!

oldskoolcool

PostPosted: November 27, 2008, 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a slight Ducati problem...

Quote::
Hey, if you like it, ride it. I can't justify disposing of my income that way, so I ride the soul-less jap bikes. Wow, sounds like a Harley ad...
As for losing races; shall we ask the Doctor?

I'd say stoner the moaner did pretty good in 07 considering Rossi is statistically the best rider ever and he would have had a chance this year if he could take some 2 and 3 finishes, but instead it's 1st or crash. Rolling Eyes

i paid as much for this bike then a new Jap bike. and it's a hell of alot more bike. Twisted Evil

The unreliable stigma is pretty much gone. but in the end you get what you pay for...isn't that the old saying. but you can take your Repsol Replica with stickers and all of it's sub-par brakes and suspension (do they even offer Ohlins/brembo brakes/CF bodywork at all? Laughing ) while The italians continue to build the REAL race replicas. Like the R model Ducati's and the DesmosediciRR. The 1098R is pretty much the exact bike Bayliss rides in SBK. The japs wish they even offerd something close to it except some stickers. If you want an explanation of why R models are unreal bikes i can go on and make you look like a fool more than you did in the first post.

I think it will be neat that Aprilia and BMW are in the game. Although first seasons ar eusually tough. But i am glad Max Biaggi the Douche is gone.
oldskoolcool

PostPosted: November 27, 2008, 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a slight Ducati problem...

some close ups at the dealer today

metalredneck

PostPosted: November 28, 2008, 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: I have a slight Ducati problem...

Whatever, Jack. Long as yer happy. Have a nice day.

(edit:) If ya can't take a joke, then f*** ya.

PostPosted: November 28, 2008, 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: I have a slight Ducati problem...

well, every person pretty much says that about New Triumphs and Ducati's and you get real sick of hearing it. So probably not a great first post in this thread.

Oh i am happy. Smile
BeanerBiker

PostPosted: November 28, 2008, 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a slight Ducati problem...

drool.
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1