650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Motorcycle Systems > > Exhaust > > Gonna get stiffed on MikesXS exhaust

Gonna get stiffed on MikesXS exhaust
    Forum Index -> Exhaust
Madmaxx

PostPosted: October 16, 2008, 1:49 am    Post subject: Gonna get stiffed on MikesXS exhaust

Ordered an exhaust off his site and found his description to be poorly written.

"When Mounted the ends of the headpipes are approx. 5" past the back edge of the engine Clutch(RH) Cover."

I assumed that both sides came out the right side.....
It is correct though..... the exhaust does come back 5" past the clutch cover..... and it also comes 5" past the countershaft cover on the LEFT side!!!!

Tried e-mailing, looks like I am getting ignored.
No phone number listed anywhere (go figure).

That's what I get for buying on the internet.

Next time I buy a bunch of stuff, I'll be sure the person is in hand shaking distance.

Mad
tweedy64

PostPosted: October 16, 2008, 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Gonna get stiffed on MikesXS exhaust

The reason mikes mention the right hand side madmaxx is some mufflers wont mount unless the header pipes are slightly longer, i can see why you would think it was a 2 into 1 system but afraid not mate. Think your gonna have to keep emailing him n maybe do a deal on a new set. cheers tweedy
Photo Gallery
metalredneck

PostPosted: October 16, 2008, 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Gonna get stiffed on MikesXS exhaust

If you get stuck with 'em, lemme know. I'm switching from 2 Dunstalls on the right to one Supertrapp on each side, and some head-pipes would be purty. How mucho?
Madmaxx

PostPosted: October 16, 2008, 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Gonna get stiffed on MikesXS exhaust

The left side has a couple of small scratches from me trying to get it to kick out on the right side (before I figured out it was supposed to be on the left side). They are small scratches under the footpeg, so they really won't be seen.

If I could lose only $30 on them, that would be nice.
$120 shipped.
metalredneck

PostPosted: October 16, 2008, 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Gonna get stiffed on MikesXS exhaust

I will discuss this with my peeps & see what we can do.
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: October 17, 2008, 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Gonna get stiffed on MikesXS exhaust

Bargain. Shame you cant ship em over here to Blighty !
gradually losing intrest... God help me...
Photo Gallery
engine22

PostPosted: October 17, 2008, 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Gonna get stiffed on MikesXS exhaust

i'll give you 120 for em
Photo Gallery
Madmaxx

PostPosted: October 18, 2008, 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: Gonna get stiffed on MikesXS exhaust

Well.... I will let metalredneck have first dibs.
Then you engine22.
Madmaxx

PostPosted: October 19, 2008, 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: Gonna get stiffed on MikesXS exhaust

Sorry..... need to get the ball rolling!!!!
First to e-mail to ultrafastgsxr @ yahoo.com gets it.
(this means engine and redneck duke it out!!!)
Item will ship monday if paid by then!!!
metalredneck

PostPosted: October 20, 2008, 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Gonna get stiffed on MikesXS exhaust

I'm out, maxx. The "Current Financial Downturn" means I'm using the barbecue black on my spare set of head-pipes. Sorry for the delays.
Loco

PostPosted: October 22, 2008, 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Gonna get stiffed on MikesXS exhaust

did you sell them because i'm interested
J
Photo Gallery
Madmaxx

PostPosted: October 29, 2008, 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: Gonna get stiffed on MikesXS exhaust

Nope. Still available.
e-mail me.
Address is above.
RI_rider

PostPosted: October 30, 2008, 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: Gonna get stiffed on MikesXS exhaust

I have never had a problem really with anything i ordered. but i will say, anytime i have emailed a question about a part, i get an email back that seems filled with lets just say for lack of better words. "a lack of enthusiasim" on his part. seems like he is annoyed with the questions. i always say to myself after reading it. "#@$% that guy" but he does have a great site for these bikes.
Photo Gallery
Madmaxx

PostPosted: November 1, 2008, 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Gonna get stiffed on MikesXS exhaust

Yup. He thinks he has a corner market, and if you don't like his product, he'll sell it to the next guy.
He doesn't care.
PetesPonies

PostPosted: November 20, 2008, 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Gonna get stiffed on MikesXS exhaust

did you sell the pipes?
weekendrider
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: November 20, 2008, 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Gonna get stiffed on MikesXS exhaust

Petesponies it might be faster to use the e-addie he provide above.

PostPosted: November 26, 2008, 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Gonna get stiffed on MikesXS exhaust

metalredneck wrote:
If you get stuck with 'em, lemme know. I'm switching from 2 Dunstalls on the right to one Supertrapp on each side, and some head-pipes would be purty. How mucho?

Metalredneck, what are your plans for those old pipes?
Photo Gallery
Madmaxx

PostPosted: November 28, 2008, 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Gonna get stiffed on MikesXS exhaust

SOLD

Forum Index -> Exhaust All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1