650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Parts Needed > > Performance Parts > > Has anyone got there hands on a BRATSTYLE seat?

Has anyone got there hands on a BRATSTYLE seat?
Go to page 1, 2  Next
    Forum Index -> Performance Parts
sinister_customs

PostPosted: September 28, 2008, 9:45 pm    Post subject: Has anyone got there hands on a BRATSTYLE seat?

I was currious if anyone on here has ever purchased a seat from www.bratstyle.com i have emailed them direct but where they are Japanese they probably can't translate what i am saying, any info would help. thanks
SC-
Photo Gallery
jdallen

PostPosted: September 28, 2008, 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Has anyone got there hands on a BRATSTYLE seat?

that low, thin seat they've got for xs650's is sweet isn't it. I bet someone there understands english, but I've read somewhere that you can't pay with credit card. maybe that's changed now.

post here if you find anything out.
scotts

PostPosted: October 2, 2008, 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Has anyone got there hands on a BRATSTYLE seat?

I emailed them a while back AND I searched for a U.S. distributor....no luck on either. If I had some extra cash I'd see about becoming a dealer because more and more people seem to like/want their stuff these days.
Photo Gallery
calicruiser

PostPosted: November 3, 2008, 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: Has anyone got there hands on a BRATSTYLE seat?

I made a seat pan for a flat, bratstyle seat for my build and am having it stitched up right now. I think it is going to turn out great. I will post pics when i get it back from the seat guy. The simple brat seats sell for $383USD according to the pricing on their website. I can make a pan and get one made for you guys for probably around $250 + shipping. I will post pics when I get mine back. It will bolt to the frame up front with 2 bolts and then velcro at the rear. easy to remove so you can get to the battery. later

josh
trrubicon06

PostPosted: November 3, 2008, 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Has anyone got there hands on a BRATSTYLE seat?

Awesome! Keep us us up to date. I know I'll buy one if it looks good. Thanks
jdallen

PostPosted: November 3, 2008, 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Has anyone got there hands on a BRATSTYLE seat?

Check out this place www.redzporvida.com/

They sell a lot of parts for the sr400 and 500. I don't know what's compatible with the xs650, if anything.......
tweedy64

PostPosted: November 3, 2008, 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Has anyone got there hands on a BRATSTYLE seat?

Just had a look they do some nice kit jd, maybe a little expensive but only priced a couple items but all the same it looks good quality and i'm sure you could modify most things to fit. cheers tweedy
Photo Gallery
trrubicon06

PostPosted: November 3, 2008, 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Has anyone got there hands on a BRATSTYLE seat?

I checked that siteout, but it's alittle more then what I would wanna pay. The one seat was like $365 plus shipping from the netherlands.
calicruiser

PostPosted: November 3, 2008, 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Has anyone got there hands on a BRATSTYLE seat?

trrubicon06 wrote:
Awesome! Keep us us up to date. I know I'll buy one if it looks good. Thanks

cool man, I should have it back in the next few days. I will post pics of how it is mounted and all that good stuff. later

josh
jdallen

PostPosted: November 3, 2008, 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Has anyone got there hands on a BRATSTYLE seat?

I hear ya.....that site is expensive! I love the style though. I saw them advertised on "thekneeslider.com".

can't wait to see the pics of your custom seat Josh.
trrubicon06

PostPosted: November 6, 2008, 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Has anyone got there hands on a BRATSTYLE seat?

Any update on the seat? I've been dieing to see it all week. Very Happy
calicruiser

PostPosted: November 7, 2008, 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Has anyone got there hands on a BRATSTYLE seat?

i dropped off the pan a week ago today. left him a message last night so I am waiting to hear back from him. I am dying to see the thing too! I will post up pics as soon as I have it in hand. later fellas

josh
trrubicon06

PostPosted: November 7, 2008, 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Has anyone got there hands on a BRATSTYLE seat?

Sounds good Cool
calicruiser

PostPosted: November 10, 2008, 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Has anyone got there hands on a BRATSTYLE seat?

alright, talked to my seat guy this am, should have it in 2-3 days. will post pics soon!
trrubicon06

PostPosted: November 10, 2008, 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Has anyone got there hands on a BRATSTYLE seat?

The wait is probably killing me more than you, lol.
calicruiser

PostPosted: November 11, 2008, 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: Has anyone got there hands on a BRATSTYLE seat?

nah man, I am almost dead believe me!
calicruiser

PostPosted: November 11, 2008, 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Has anyone got there hands on a BRATSTYLE seat?

got my seat today and I am stoked! Exactly what i wanted. turned out great. You can see in the pics how I mounted it. 2 bolts are welded to the seatpan, those bolts go through 2 holes that are on the stock frame. I just opened them up to 5/16" and then I will run a strip of velcro at the rear of the seat. I dont even think the velcro is necessary. The seat isn't going anywhere when it is bolted down.

So, I think I can offer these up at $265 + $20 shipping to anywhere in the USA. If anyone is interested, pm or email me at joshjscott @ hotmail.com We can discuss color and style but the main shape of the seat will stay the same. I think it works well with the frame.

pics!

4.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  353.94 KB
 Viewed:  373 Time(s)

4.jpg

2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  463.63 KB
 Viewed:  434 Time(s)

2.jpg

1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  435.54 KB
 Viewed:  387 Time(s)

1.jpg

calicruiser

PostPosted: November 11, 2008, 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Has anyone got there hands on a BRATSTYLE seat?

mo pics!

8.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  376.69 KB
 Viewed:  347 Time(s)

8.jpg

6.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  375.07 KB
 Viewed:  368 Time(s)

6.jpg

5.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  377.56 KB
 Viewed:  410 Time(s)

5.jpg

jayel
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: November 12, 2008, 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: Has anyone got there hands on a BRATSTYLE seat?

looks like the first seat I ever made, some foam with leather stretched over a piece of 2x12, my butt hurts just thinking about it, no padding no contour, I'll pass
calicruiser

PostPosted: November 12, 2008, 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: Has anyone got there hands on a BRATSTYLE seat?

jayel wrote:
looks like the first seat I ever made, some foam with leather stretched over a piece of 2x12, my butt hurts just thinking about it, no padding no contour, I'll pass

if this looks like the first seat you ever made I hope you own an upholstery business. If not, you made the wrong choice in careers my man. I suspect you hate the tank also, am I right? c'mon, you can tell me I'm right;)
jayel
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: November 12, 2008, 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: Has anyone got there hands on a BRATSTYLE seat?

yup..... peanut tank, good for around the block and then your done, I don't usually ride around admiring my seat anyway, eyes on the road you know
calicruiser

PostPosted: November 12, 2008, 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: Has anyone got there hands on a BRATSTYLE seat?

jayel wrote:
yup..... peanut tank, good for around the block and then your done, I don't usually ride around admiring my seat anyway, eyes on the road you know

yeah i guess it is good for around the block if your block is somewhere around 60 miles round trip. that's funny!
RI_rider

PostPosted: November 12, 2008, 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Has anyone got there hands on a BRATSTYLE seat?

did you actually order it from BRAT or did you make it. if you did order it, how did you? they have some bars i want but i cannot get in touch with them.
Photo Gallery
calicruiser

PostPosted: November 12, 2008, 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Has anyone got there hands on a BRATSTYLE seat?

RI_rider wrote:
did you actually order it from BRAT or did you make it. if you did order it, how did you? they have some bars i want but i cannot get in touch with them.

I made the seatpan and had a local guy stitch it up. I saved myself a good $200+ doing it this way and it is no different than the brat seats.

Forum Index -> Performance Parts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2