650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Motorcycle Systems > > Exhaust > > Bought and put on slash cut mufflers Brand unk

Bought and put on slash cut mufflers Brand unk
    Forum Index -> Exhaust
steveypsi

PostPosted: August 30, 2008, 3:53 pm    Post subject: Bought and put on slash cut mufflers Brand unk

I had put harley sporster muff's on my xs 650 and they were all right. in the movie the harleys sound fairly loud but they arn't, movie here

s221.photobucket.com/a...ermade.flv

I bought a pair of unk brand slash cuts 30 bucks for the pair, in the movie they sound quieter than the harleys but the are pretty loud, they crackle when its ridden and you back off the gas
s221.photobucket.com/a...onbike.flv

these slash cuts were super easy to mount, 1 x 3 piece of thin aluminum about 3/16, two holes, one hole to the rear foot peg and one hole for the muffler tab
I just bought this bike a few months ago and it had been setting for a long time, I messed with it and it started and ran fair except the the right pipe was cool and the plug was burning toward black and I changed coils, condenser, wires, caps, point's one set the left cyclinder, still did it so I cleaned the carbs, still did it, I took it out in the back yard and ran it about 7 miles in low and second really hard and for some reason it cleaned up the right cyclinder, now its burning hot like the left cyl, who knows...
Photo Gallery
Mark257

PostPosted: February 14, 2009, 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Bought and put on slash cut mufflers Brand unk

sounds great with slash cut mufflers , i got some of ebay for $20 shipped , trying to put them on , took the headers and mufflers off the bike but cant take the suckers apart
1978 Honda cb750k
Photo Gallery
Pure-Pork

PostPosted: February 16, 2009, 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Bought and put on slash cut mufflers Brand unk

I put slash cut mufflers off a shovelhead on my mostly stock 78 XS, actually they were one piece pipe-muffler setups, but I cut mine off 5" ahead of where the muffler starts to expand out and added an in-pipe baffle to quiet it down some as the theory would be smaller engine, holes in the muffler should be smaller? The original mufflers s had rusted out where the cross-over pipe came in. I like the looks of slash cuts.

Forum Index -> Exhaust All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1