650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Motorcycle Systems > > Fuel > > left cyclinder running rich

left cyclinder running rich
    Forum Index -> Fuel
erkblack

PostPosted: May 19, 2008, 12:00 pm    Post subject: left cyclinder running rich

i have a 82 special with 34mm carbs. pod filters. open exhaust. the carbs have been re-jetted. and re-built.
the left cyclinder is running rich. after a couple minutes of runing and then pulling the plug out it is driping wet. in order to get it to lean out enought to ride the bike i had to creat a vacuum leak on that cyclinder.
the bike runs and doesnt fowl out plugs, but does miss.
can any one help!?
xsjohn

PostPosted: May 19, 2008, 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: left cyclinder running rich

Float seat has a oring that seals it.....if that is not fitting tight the bowl will overflow......can wrap thread around the o-ring in the groove next to it too puff out the ring a bit and champhor the edge of the hole and push it in with oil or replace the o-ring.........and rejetting them with big main jets will just wash the cylinders at high throttle and still be lean at cruise......the needles suck.....that's why I dicked with them for 10 years till I got the whole thing figured.....and the rubber plugs over the pilot jets have to be there.....should get with me on this subject when you find your problem....xsjohn

the tiny o-ring down below the washer under the mixture screws has to be in tack also........and sometimes the settings on the mix screws can be somewhat different....and the floats need to be set correctly.....25MM on them I think......xsjohn
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Fuel All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1