650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > Seat Covers/ Seats in general

Seat Covers/ Seats in general
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
xsMVxs

PostPosted: April 29, 2008, 4:32 pm    Post subject: Seat Covers/ Seats in general

Has anyone had good luck with any particular seat covers? I see alot of stuff on ebay and other places, but I'm not sure what the best option is. I'm looking for a 77 standard style.

I already ordered one on ebay and returned it because it was garbage. Not cheap either.

Also, anyone tried out mikes cafe seat? Whats it say on the back "Yamaha.." with something underneath it. Anyone got pics of it on a bike?

att

Cooltouch

PostPosted: April 29, 2008, 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat Covers/ Seats in general

I bought a seat cover for my old BMW from this guy on eBay:

stores.ebay.com/NW-Cla...eat-Covers

His covers are top quality, but unfortunately he does not make them for Yamahas. Maybe if we all send him an email, he might reconsider.

Best,

ichael

'81SH, '80SG, '78E, '77D
tacoswild

PostPosted: April 29, 2008, 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat Covers/ Seats in general

I wish I could get just the cover from mikes new XS1 style seat. My pan is fine, all I need is the cover so there's no way I'm paying that kind of money. I've seen NOS covers go for a similar price on ebay though. crazy.
5twins

PostPosted: April 29, 2008, 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat Covers/ Seats in general

Try this place .....

www.motorcycleseatcove.../index.htm
xsMVxs

PostPosted: April 30, 2008, 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Seat Covers/ Seats in general

Cooltouch, I think I actually did email that guy a few weeks ago to see if he would make a yamaha one.

5twins any experience with the website you listed above?

5twins

PostPosted: April 30, 2008, 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Seat Covers/ Seats in general

No, but they say they will make anything. They probably need your old cover as a pattern, though.
bsquared

PostPosted: May 1, 2008, 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat Covers/ Seats in general

Hey, I just called B&H Specialties, the website mentioned above, and they will make a new pattern from your old cover, but they charge $45.00/hr on top of the cost of the cover. I was checking for covers for my 72 xs2 and they didn't have a pattern for that.
They referred me to www.yamahtopdog.com . I'm going to check them out.
Peace,
Bsquared..

Philippians 4:7 I really believe Wink that this has been mistranslated...St. Paul was thinking about a large Chocolate brownie when he mentioned the "piece that passes all understanding." (Yes...I'm joking)
Photo Gallery
bsquared

PostPosted: May 1, 2008, 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat Covers/ Seats in general

This website may also be helpful for seatcovers and installation instructions. I'm checking it out.

www.jeffscycles.com/Mo...arts58.htm
Bsquared

Philippians 4:7 I really believe Wink that this has been mistranslated...St. Paul was thinking about a large Chocolate brownie when he mentioned the "piece that passes all understanding." (Yes...I'm joking)
Photo Gallery
tacoswild

PostPosted: May 1, 2008, 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat Covers/ Seats in general

bsquared, if you find one please report back because I need pretty much the same cover.
bsquared

PostPosted: May 1, 2008, 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat Covers/ Seats in general

They're supposed to call me back. Hopefully, I'll find out. My seat has been waiting for restoration since November. The first upholsterer got sick, had surgury, and my project was left behind. I just took it to another shop and they didn't want to touch it. Mice had eaten the cushion and the vinyl was bad. I'm going to have to redo the cushion myself when I do get a cover. The stock trim has some unusual push pins that fit into a slot, I'm not sure I'll be able to replace them and reuse the chrome trim. It will be interesting. A whole new seat is $199.00 from MikesXS. That will be my last resort.
Bsquared.

Photo Gallery
bsquared

PostPosted: May 2, 2008, 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat Covers/ Seats in general

Hey Tacoswild,
Jeffscycles called me back today with a quote of $49.00 for the foam and $79.00 for the vinyl cover for my xs2. I'm torn between just shelling out $199.00 for a whole seat from Mikes or messing with putting it together. My pan is not in that great of shape. I actually spent a week removing rust from it with the electrolysis trick I found here for my tank.
Jeffscycles just needs your check first, then it takes a week or so to get the order.
Peace,
Bsquared.

Photo Gallery
tacoswild

PostPosted: May 2, 2008, 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat Covers/ Seats in general

Thanks. Mine was recovered by the previous owner and is missing the chrome trim now. It has a tear now that's gradually getting larger. I don't want to spend $200 on a seat, especially since I'm not "restoring" the bike right now. Just riding it.
bsquared

PostPosted: June 21, 2008, 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat Covers/ Seats in general

I finally got my seat. Here it is from a local upholsterer for $141.00. It just took a while....

1972 xs2 650 new custom seat.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  75.75 KB
 Viewed:  100 Time(s)

1972 xs2 650 new custom seat.jpg

Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1