650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Flattracker - Streettracker > > How much would you pay for this project ? PIX inside

How much would you pay for this project ? PIX inside
    Forum Index -> Flattracker - Streettracker
jfboy
Moderator Tracker Stuff
Moderator Tracker Stuff

PostPosted: January 25, 2006, 3:31 am    Post subject: How much would you pay for this project ? PIX inside

How much is this project xs650 worth ?

Yamaha XS 650 cc 1973 motorcycle
about 80% complete for restoration.
The motor is intact last ran in 2000.
The cycle sat waiting for restoration in a shop

kingwj
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: January 25, 2006, 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: How much would you pay for this project ? PIX inside

It's a question of where you want to take the bike and how much you are willing to spend. First is there a title? If not read no further, turn around and leave. If you are looking to go stock I would suggest finding a more complete bike as the 20% missing will probably cost you 10X what you pay for the bike. However this could be a nice tracker starting point. If you cannot hear the motor running I would say a hundred max, you can always EBAY parts and get your money back. Motor runs, clutch, gearbox and major electrics (starter, alternator, etc.) OK perhaps $250 if you are feeling generous.

However if this was for my project I think walking away may be the best course and keep looking.

Of course this opinion is worth nothing, it's your choice and your money.
Photo Gallery
jfboy
Moderator Tracker Stuff
Moderator Tracker Stuff

PostPosted: January 25, 2006, 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: How much would you pay for this project ? PIX inside

When I post about a clean complete bike, ppl tell me to look for a cheap one...

Yeah Wll the guy has the title in hand and no you cant hear the engine run.

He's asking 500$ wich is way too much but I dunno what I should offer him.
kingwj
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: January 25, 2006, 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: How much would you pay for this project ? PIX inside

My point is there are lots of 650's out there and a nice complete bike can be had not much more than this bike's ask price. You ask an opinion, I give you mine and you give me crap! How much wiggle room is there in a $500 bike? It comes down to how much you want it but do be prepared to hemorage money. Buy it and best wishes.

I'm gone.
Photo Gallery
jfboy
Moderator Tracker Stuff
Moderator Tracker Stuff

PostPosted: January 25, 2006, 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: How much would you pay for this project ? PIX inside

kingwj wrote:
You ask an opinion, I give you mine and you give me crap!

I'm sorry if you took my post in the wrong way. I didnt mean to "give you crap" as you put it.

I posted about a complete and clean bike earlier this month and people were telling me that something like this would be better for a build.

I dont know why but for some reason Xs650's are pretty hard to come by in my state. Right now the two I posted about are the only ones I have seen for sale in a 3-4 months period. I have been hunting around on ebay and cycletraderr but most of them are North-east or on the west coast.
Jack

PostPosted: January 26, 2006, 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: How much would you pay for this project ? PIX inside

Man that's in Rough shape and I would'nt go over $200.00, considering you'd be doing him a favor by taking off his hands...Jack
jfboy
Moderator Tracker Stuff
Moderator Tracker Stuff

PostPosted: January 27, 2006, 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: How much would you pay for this project ? PIX inside

Yeah I'm starting to feel a little frustration looking for the 'right deal'...
xs650mike

PostPosted: January 27, 2006, 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: How much would you pay for this project ? PIX inside

jfboy wrote:
Yeah I'm starting to feel a little frustration looking for the 'right deal'...
A little patience is in order, you'll find the right deal and my personal opinion is that it won't take that long if you keep your ear to the ground. I know you're anxious to get started on your build so if you're that anxious go ahead and buy it but $5 bills is too much. If you do buy it right away a better candidate or candidates will show up, it's called Murphy's Law. Smile

XS650H Special II 750 kit
XS650SJ Heritage
XS400SJ Heritage
XS1100SF XS Eleven Special

"Hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays off now!"
Photo Gallery
jfboy
Moderator Tracker Stuff
Moderator Tracker Stuff

PostPosted: January 28, 2006, 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: How much would you pay for this project ? PIX inside

Thanks for the encouragement.

I offered trhe guy 200, he said no lower than 350, I said no.

Back on the hunt.
Jack

PostPosted: January 28, 2006, 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: How much would you pay for this project ? PIX inside

$350.00.........No way,he ought to pay you the 350.00 if he wants to get rid of it Mr. Green The deals are out there ya just gotta keep searching cuz sooner or later your bound to stumble on a deal............Jack
Phred

PostPosted: January 28, 2006, 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: How much would you pay for this project ? PIX inside

If you really want a particular model of anything (bike, car, boat, whatever) you either have to be patient enough to wait on a good deal, or be prepared to pay extra for the *have it now* priveledge. Seems the deals come mostly when you're not looking or looking for something else. Mine came when I was looking for a Bonnie, and a guy I work with came up with the xs650 ($125 with title). I guess what I'm trying to say is be flexible or have $$$$.
Photo Gallery
Barrett

PostPosted: January 23, 2007, 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: How much would you pay for this project ? PIX inside

If you REALLY want an XS 650, put an ad in the Sunday paper, or in the closest large city Sunday paper that states: "Wanted 1969 to 1983 XS 650 Yamaha, running or not, prefer with a title, have money now call me (before my wife finds out!)" Or something similar, then when in a spot on negotiating price...just say "well I have looked at yours and several others***, this is what I can give, *** but, I have to meet(insert a name) to look at the two he has one that runs and one for parts for (insert a low price)..." ***Nobody else will know what you have looked at or how many have called to sell you thier bikes. I got a good response, I have about 10 XS's a Maxim or two, and a few XS & RD 400's.

If you want, I have another friend that thought he would get into flattrack racing he has about 8-10 with some Omar's parts he wanted $1200 for all, I would split it all with you (he lives south of Tulsa, OK)

y advice, for what it is worth, give a little more for a title or a running bike. No title, no more than $200.

Here are some that I netted:
$600 1975 XS 650, it needed carb attention, battery charged(hence the battery charger in the pic), it was tagged.

NOT A YAMAHA BUT for $800 1969 Triumph TR-6C, I added the header, put on the chopper seat and pillion, tagged and riding, note the XS bike behind it and XS parts around it ("I had three other bikes to look at that day...he wanted $1000") I am looking for some of the TR-6C high pipes! If anyone has any...

$300 1981 XS 650 G Special, needed carb floats flipped over, brushes in the alternator, I put on the shocks $89, stripped the wheels, added an 18" rear off of an XS 400, used K&N flat track bars, $100 for the rear tail, $300 for new Dunlops dirt tires, a battery and a chopper/british tail light, with tag and title.
Irish

PostPosted: June 29, 2007, 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: How much would you pay for this project ? PIX inside

look in craigslist.org in your area

PostPosted: June 29, 2007, 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: How much would you pay for this project ? PIX inside

50 bucks no more. That is a tx frame. Yuk.....I hate tx frames. The motor could be a 256 which makes it undesirable to me. I got a spare tx motor laying around if you need parts. You can't hardly give tx parts away.
Photo Gallery
78xs

PostPosted: June 29, 2007, 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: How much would you pay for this project ? PIX inside

hi,

this may me out of your price range but it looks pretty sweet:

atlanta.craigslist.org...14423.html
INXS650
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: June 29, 2007, 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: How much would you pay for this project ? PIX inside

Are you looking for a basket case, or a rider? That will tell you what you have to spend. I was looking for a decent basket case, and got mine for under $700. Got it running, and have put at least another $700 in it. So, think about what you have to spend total, and this will be your price range. Usaully the cheaper the bike, the more you will have to put into it.
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Flattracker - Streettracker All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1