650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Chopper jobs > > This bike from a board member ?

This bike from a board member ?
    Forum Index -> Chopper jobs
jfboy
Moderator Tracker Stuff
Moderator Tracker Stuff

PostPosted: December 20, 2005, 7:55 am    Post subject: This bike from a board member ?

I'm looking for the pics of a bike I saw on a forum but cant remember where...

It's a XS650 chopper with hardtail and it has red wheels (wire wheels) and a springer front end, black frame with whit wall tires.

Anybody know what bike I'm talking about ?
gerdo

PostPosted: December 20, 2005, 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: This bike from a board member ?

Maybe this one

www.650motorcycles.com...rice2.html
Photo Gallery
jfboy
Moderator Tracker Stuff
Moderator Tracker Stuff

PostPosted: December 20, 2005, 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: This bike from a board member ?

Yeah that's the one !

Hold on... that a bobber ?

OK I dont know the difference between a chopper and a bobber

So is he a board member ?
xs650mike

PostPosted: December 20, 2005, 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: This bike from a board member ?

jfboy wrote:
Yeah that's the one !

Hold on... that a bobber ?

OK I dont know the difference between a chopper and a bobber

So is he a board member ?

I'd call it a chopper...long raked front end, rigid. Dunno if he's on this board but he has posted photos of his bike on the proboards XS650 Garage site. He's from So Cal and goes by the handle Oldway. Really cool bike. I understand he's since mounted a shock on the girder fork and replaced the tiny spool front brake with a disc.

XS650H Special II 750 kit
XS650SJ Heritage
XS400SJ Heritage
XS1100SF XS Eleven Special

"Hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays off now!"
Photo Gallery
xs650mike

PostPosted: December 21, 2005, 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: This bike from a board member ?

Here's a bobber by Mark Dallaire:

Here's the chopper by Tim "Oldway" Price:

This should make the difference between a chopper and a bobber clear. Some use the term interchangeably but there is a difference in the two styles.

XS650SJ Heritage
XS400SJ Heritage

Photo Gallery
jfboy
Moderator Tracker Stuff
Moderator Tracker Stuff

PostPosted: December 22, 2005, 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: This bike from a board member ?

Tim's chopper is the best looking xs chopper I have seen so far.

I was wondering if you knew the specs of the frame. I'm just curious of what kinda strech and rake it has.
xs650mike

PostPosted: December 22, 2005, 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: This bike from a board member ?

Well here's the thread at proboards, you could just ask him. xs650temp.proboards29....107&page=1 Here's another thread that Oldway posted on over there. xs650temp.proboards29....1130868711 He talks a bit about the frame and forks and where he had work done on both of these threads but he didn't give dimensions. There's another thread where he was talking about the handling getting "interesting" at high speed, not because of the front end but because of the hardtail. I can't seem to find that post though but there was some discussion of rake and trail in that thread. He may well be on this board too, I remember he made a remark about being everywhere. I'm told the bike has a distinct Exile Cycles (Russell Mitchell) style about it but I think it's his own build. It sure is a tasty piece.

XS650SJ Heritage
XS400SJ Heritage

Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Chopper jobs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1