650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Welcome > > Introduce yourself to the community here > > Another '73 TX650 rider/wrencher

Another '73 TX650 rider/wrencher
    Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here
kismetologist

PostPosted: October 10, 2007, 1:43 pm    Post subject: Another '73 TX650 rider/wrencher

Hi, Back in 1990, my dad bought a lawnmower from a neighbor who would only sell it if dad also hauled away a '73 TX650 and a '71 XS1B that were ready for scrap. Dad gave them to me and I rebuilt the TX, filling in what blanks I could with the XS1B.
I was 20 and made lots of mistakes, like scrapping the stock airboxes in favor of pods (see my post in the Fuel system forum), stripping the decomp/starter switch instead of fixing the starter system, and, biggest of all, getting rid of the XS1B frame, wheels, rusty tank and I forget what else when I got the TX on the road. At least I had the presence of mind to keep what's left of the motor!
I've visited 650rider.com a number of times in the past. My Google searches for advice always lead me here. Now I'm planning right some wrongs, so I figured it was time to join up.

tx650-73-poster2.1.jpg
 Description:
I also do some graphic design work, and may post some of my tributes from time to time.
 Filesize:  37.19 KB
 Viewed:  80 Time(s)

tx650-73-poster2.1.jpg

driveway-flyer.jpg
 Description:
pretending to race down the driveway on my TX.
 Filesize:  58.41 KB
 Viewed:  81 Time(s)

driveway-flyer.jpg

Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1