650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Cafe Racer > > my new cafe pics....not my yamaha yet.

my new cafe pics....not my yamaha yet.
    Forum Index -> Cafe Racer
oldskoolcool

PostPosted: October 3, 2007, 12:12 am    Post subject: my new cafe pics....not my yamaha yet.

my 2007 ducati GT1000

i added

-bar end mirrors
-Staintune pipes
-stripe
- clubman bars.

i'd love post pics of my yamaha, but it's in pieces.....

Kablazzie

PostPosted: October 3, 2007, 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: my new cafe pics....not my yamaha yet.

I hate you.

That is all.
KYLEPRESTON
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: October 3, 2007, 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: my new cafe pics....not my yamaha yet.

PICTURES OF PIECES ARE BETTER THAN PICTURES OF A DUCK ANYDAY.

I DON'T HATE YOU BUT LOOKS FUN TO RIDE.

CHEERS KYLE
Photo Gallery
oldskoolcool

PostPosted: October 3, 2007, 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: my new cafe pics....not my yamaha yet.

hate to break it to ya... the stock 95hp and 65 ft pounds the air cooled 2 valve duck easily makes over the weaksauce 40 that the xs struggles to make is a ton more fun.....but i still love my xs to death.
WayneMeuir

PostPosted: October 3, 2007, 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: my new cafe pics....not my yamaha yet.

I would love to have a Ducati, they are one of the coolest bikes around, but there is a saying around the bike forums that scares me away. It is:
Ducati--making mechanics out of riders for over 50 years.

I had a 63 Ducati Monza 250 Single back in '65 and by the time I got the d$mn thing started, I was too tired to ride it. The iggy system was junk.

Good luck with yours it is gorgeous!

Wayne
oldskoolcool

PostPosted: October 4, 2007, 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: my new cafe pics....not my yamaha yet.

nah, new stuff is fine. already racked up 10,000km's with no probs. maintinance gets expensive....but i still don't regret buying it whatsoever. The magneti marelli EFI and ign system has performed flawlessly. not even a coldstart lever anymore, does it all by itself.
WayneMeuir

PostPosted: October 5, 2007, 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: my new cafe pics....not my yamaha yet.

Somewhere I read that you have to pull the cams out to adjust the valves on some models and that it has to be done fairly often, like 6000 miles. Is that correct or am I mis informed.

Also, what other "maintainence" item are you talking about that are expensive? I'd like to have one, but I want to know what I am getting in to.

Wayne
oldskoolcool

PostPosted: October 5, 2007, 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: my new cafe pics....not my yamaha yet.

well, with the 07's, they let the belt change/valve adjustment go from 10000 to 12000 km's now. not sure about the cam removal thing. but your first check-up is at 1000km's. then 12, then 24 etc. not sure if i would adjust desmodromic valves myself or not...to check cam belt tension they measure the frequency at which it resonates when you bounce a sound wave off of it...belts and valves, keep it in tune and your gravy...

the best engine (i feel anyways) is the engine that is in the sportclassics/multistrada/monster s2r's and hypermotard is the DS1000/1100
Ducati's workhorse engine, aircooled 2 valve desmodromic 2 sparkplug per cyl. reliable and torquey and much simpler to work on than the 4 valve liquid cooled (from what i have been told) although obviously the 4 valve is alot quicker....
urbandork

PostPosted: September 6, 2008, 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: my new cafe pics....not my yamaha yet.

where did you get those round bar end mirrors??? ive looked high and low and havnt found them

oldskoolcool wrote:
my 2007 ducati GT1000

i added

-bar end mirrors
-Staintune pipes
-stripe
- clubman bars.

i'd love post pics of my yamaha, but it's in pieces.....

sschering

PostPosted: November 11, 2008, 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: my new cafe pics....not my yamaha yet.

Are those the Halcyon 830 bar end mirrors?

William's Law ...
sschering

PostPosted: November 11, 2008, 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: my new cafe pics....not my yamaha yet.

It's to bad you can't get the GT with the Sport Classic 1000S seat and rear sets

I'd really like to get an 06 Sport Classic Monoposto but I'd want the GT tank.

William's Law ...
oldskoolcool

PostPosted: November 11, 2008, 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: my new cafe pics....not my yamaha yet.

Oddly enough i find out tomorrow if i get a 999. nothing like owning the world best race replicas.

oldskoolcool

PostPosted: November 11, 2008, 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: my new cafe pics....not my yamaha yet.

i got those used froma friend, so not sure where they came from.

Forum Index -> Cafe Racer All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1