650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > XS2 650 Restoration progress!!!

XS2 650 Restoration progress!!!
Go to page Previous  1, 2
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
Joseph

PostPosted: June 22, 2008, 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: XS2 650 Restoration progress!!!

Quote::
I'm doing 3400 rpm at 60mph
What sise front sprocket? Did you find out? I have 17t and 30t and am at 4000 at 65. It almost sounds like your tach is off I havent read of anyoe getting tose figures.

Photo Gallery
xackley

PostPosted: June 22, 2008, 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: XS2 650 Restoration progress!!!

First post here.

I am looking at switching out my rear sprocket, I am running the orignal 17/34.

Would you recommend the 30T over the 32T. I am concerned about pulling my weight, somewhere over 200 and my wife, around 130, off the line. I would really hate having to rev it up and slip the clutch. IOW, does the 30T have much effect on a normal street take off.

Also. Looks like there are a bunch of XS2's on this forum. I will be picking this up on Thursday, if everything goes well.

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotor...OTORS:1123

The guy selling it swears it is street ready. I am hoping the rust on the tank can be repaired and the new paint blended in with the old.
Also the guy said he stripped the chrome off the back fender and painted it silver, ugh. Hopefully it looks good enough for a riding motorcycle. Besides wanting a Standard, the 72 paint and covers have alway been my favorite.

5twins

PostPosted: June 22, 2008, 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: XS2 650 Restoration progress!!!

I think the 30 might be a bit too much. I'm about 200 and had the 32 but didn't like the loss of take-off in the lower gears. I just switched to a 33 and think it's better. It pulls better at higher speeds, too. Most of my riding is local with not much highway droning.
bsquared

PostPosted: August 31, 2008, 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: XS2 650 Restoration progress!!!

Hey Joseph,
I can't believe it's been a year since you asked what size sprockets I have...I have 17 in the front and 34 in the rear. Maybe my speedometer is off a little bit. I had the back wheel off today replacing the brake shoes, and after adjusting the chain, notice a clunking sound towards the enginet as I hand spun the rear wheel. I thought maybe something was wrong in the front sprocket, but the clunking seems to be in the case. I will be gentle as I test drive it tomorrow. Who knows, I've had some clutch adjustment problems, maybe it was the sound of the gears. It makes me nervous.
Have a great Labor Day!
Bsquared.

Philippians 4:7 I really believe Wink that this has been mistranslated...St. Paul was thinking about a large Chocolate brownie when he mentioned the "piece that passes all understanding." (Yes...I'm joking)
Photo Gallery
Joseph

PostPosted: September 1, 2008, 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: XS2 650 Restoration progress!!!

wow I can't beleive it either. Thanks for the response.
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2