650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Flattracker - Streettracker > > Tracker seat

Tracker seat
    Forum Index -> Flattracker - Streettracker
racer7x

PostPosted: March 9, 2007, 8:51 am    Post subject: Tracker seat

I was looking at the two Hotwing seats, the TT and the XR. Does any one have any experience fitting either one of these on an XS650?
I would like to use the smaller TT seat and it seems like it would fit according to the dimensions.
Is the pad held on with velcro?
Thanks for any input.
Photo Gallery
jetmechmarty

PostPosted: March 9, 2007, 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Tracker seat

If you contact David Burgess at Hotwing Glass, he speaks XS650 fluently. He'll give you the straight scoop. His contact information is on his website.

arty (in Georgia)
ttmaniac

PostPosted: March 10, 2007, 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Tracker seat

Omar's has a killer looking TT seat not pictured on his site. 250 bucks. I haven't had experience with Hotwing but I can say Omar's quality is outstanding. Absolutely top notch stuff.
Irish

PostPosted: June 29, 2007, 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Tracker seat

I got hotwings on mine, works good.
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: June 29, 2007, 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Tracker seat

Ive got xr style seats on ebay with a 'buy-it-now' price of £35 ($65),not sure what the shipping is to the US though...
Photo Gallery
gs1327
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: June 29, 2007, 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Tracker seat

I've had both, the Omars product is superior, costs more though. Seems well worth it to me.

PostPosted: June 29, 2007, 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Tracker seat

I bought a seat without a seat pan or padding from australia. 50 bucks plus about 35 shipping. Seat looked cool but was thin as hell. Spent approximately 75 dollars on fiberglass and associated materials to get it looking the way I wanted it with some durability (added a couple layers).

Now I also had to make a seat pan for the fender. Finished that and brought it to rayco here in St. Petersburg. Getting it covered in green metakflake with 2 inches of foam. Cost: 175 bucks. Results not in yet but so far that brings me to around 335 for a completely customized seat.

The Omars is 250 with a pan all ready to run. His seat is high quality all around. His service is excellent. I was gonna "do it myself" to save a buck but it looks like I spent a buck instead. Much work and money into my seat but it should be worth it. Next bike will definitely have a TT seat from Omars. I already have it planned in my head, just gotta finish the one I'm working on first!
Photo Gallery
fitzi

PostPosted: September 16, 2007, 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Tracker seat

Hi i am a new member and i have just started to build a street tracker from a 1984 xs 650 special,I was wondering if a rear wheel from a 1979 xs400 would fit using a radian swing-arm (i can get both front and rear wheels for a good price) or would it be better to use a 19 inch front with a omar rear wheel kit...any advice would appreciated..rgds fitzi.
racer7x

PostPosted: September 19, 2007, 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Tracker seat

Anything can be "made" to work. The things you need to deal with when mixing wheels are-
Brake hook-up & function
sprocket alignment and sizing
spacers length
bearing size and axle diameter & length
getting the tires you want with the wheel size you have

I used 1983 XJ550 Yamaha wheels to get 18 rear and 19 front. I had to deal with all of the above.
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Flattracker - Streettracker All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1