650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Frank-in-Bike, Non XS parts that are Interchangeable > > Wheels, Brakes and Controls > > Handlebars....

Handlebars....
    Forum Index -> Wheels, Brakes and Controls
Enlil

PostPosted: May 1, 2005, 8:19 am    Post subject: Handlebars....

I want to swap out the OE handlebars with something a little, how can I say this to make sense, sleeker or not so swept back. I did a search, but not really sure if they would be comfy. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

By the way, it's a '82 XS650 with 7400 miles. My first post and a nice site. Look forward to talking.

WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: May 1, 2005, 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Handlebars....

Hi Enlil,
Welcome to the site. I have a set of what would be called drag bars (not drag Queen either) I have road with the stock seat and the low cut seat the bars are very comfortable. There is also a set of 4 inch riser.

dawn.jpg
 Description:
My best and only bike "DAWN"
 Filesize:  56.58 KB
 Viewed:  469 Time(s)

dawn.jpg

Photo Gallery
Enlil

PostPosted: May 1, 2005, 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Handlebars....

Sweet bike!!! Damn I have a lot of work to do. With drag bars do you need risers? I'm used to 4's. Gonna paint my bike soon, a deep metallic red i'm thinkin.
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: May 1, 2005, 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Handlebars....

Using the risers makes up for the lack of rise and sweep of the stock bars. I think with out them I would be leanning to fare forward plus the bars would reallty hit the tank bad.
Photo Gallery
mo650chopper
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: May 1, 2005, 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Handlebars....

I wanting to run Apehangers. 13" Rise, 11" Pull Back and 4 3/4" centers. I'm curious if I extend my wiring will a stock clutch and throttle cable work?

www.j-pcycles.com/prod...handlebars

Photo Gallery
650rider
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: May 1, 2005, 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Handlebars....

I don't think your stock cables will work.
Photo Gallery
Enlil

PostPosted: May 1, 2005, 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Handlebars....

Any links to sites for the bars?
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: May 1, 2005, 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Handlebars....

Try this link they have a good selection of 7/8" bars.

www.jpcycles.com/produ...ric&page=1

Photo Gallery
CajunRider

PostPosted: October 24, 2005, 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Handlebars....

Hey Russo, where did you find the 4" risers, I've been looking for a set for my 81 Special, any info would be appreciated.
Thanks CajunRider
xs650mike

PostPosted: October 24, 2005, 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Handlebars....

Good selection of bars here, much cheaper than J&P Cycles but sorry, no apes. www.mikesxs.com

XS650H Special II 750 kit
XS650SJ Heritage
XS400SJ Heritage
XS1100SF XS Eleven Special

"Hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays off now!"
Photo Gallery
flavaz33

PostPosted: November 3, 2005, 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Handlebars....

I got my high bars from jcwhitney. Nice price, after a summer with them im very happy. I believe mine are the 32" wide, 10" rise, 10" sweep. At first i was thinking of adding higher than stock risers yet but my hand position is about shoulder level. Comfortable ride. Here is the link: www.jcwhitney.com/auto...74/c-10111
Nate

PostPosted: February 18, 2006, 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Handlebars....

I have a question on the handle bar subject. I recieved a new set of handle bars for christmas and i havent had a chance to put them on yet. As I was reading i noticed somone said 7/8ths handle bars, the handle bars I have are 1" will that make a big difference or do i need to sell them and order some 7/8ths? Sorry for sounding so Ignorant this is my first bike and its a fixer-upper. 1981 650xs special.
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: February 18, 2006, 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Handlebars....

Unless you want to change throttle, brake, clutch, and other bar controls along with the handlebar risers you need to get rid of the 1" and get 7/8". I switched mine to 1" it's alot of work.
Photo Gallery
Nate

PostPosted: February 25, 2006, 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Handlebars....

thanks for the advice. they are on thier way back to the store. unless anyone knows anyone that would like to have some 1" bars.

Forum Index -> Wheels, Brakes and Controls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1