650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Flattracker - Streettracker > > Flat tracker style handlebars in the UK?

Flat tracker style handlebars in the UK?
    Forum Index -> Flattracker - Streettracker
Jake68
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 13, 2007, 11:45 pm    Post subject: Flat tracker style handlebars in the UK?

Anyone know where I can get them?
Photo Gallery
jayel
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 14, 2007, 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Flat tracker style handlebars in the UK?

Hi jake there is a suppy shop in the Netherlands, Heiden tuning, you can find your parts at mikesxs.com/ and then order thru them here's a note from their site

For our foreign customers:

We are working on a brand new Yamaha XS parts website at the moment. This site will be in English, and a lot of new parts will be added. Until the site is ready, please use www.mikesxs.com to find the parts you want to order, and send us an e-mail with part description and part number you find on Mikes' site.
Our e-mail adress is heidentuning @ hetnet.nl

Jake68
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 14, 2007, 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Flat tracker style handlebars in the UK?

Thanks for that, I wasnt aware of Hieden.

I was hoping there was a specific style name, as most handlebars are readily availalbe, but its hard to tell that I am buying the ones most use on a tracker..if that makes any sense..
Photo Gallery
ttmaniac

PostPosted: May 14, 2007, 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Flat tracker style handlebars in the UK?

Nah...no style name...maybe flattrack bars. Omars dirt tracker has got em and they have awesome service. Check em out. Flanders got em. Mikes xs has similar kinds and he has great service to. It's wide open out there. Hope you find what you are looking for.
Photo Gallery
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 14, 2007, 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Flat tracker style handlebars in the UK?

Jake,take a look at my photos,maybe they're what you're after?
I use Kwak Z1 bars from M&P's ,they cost me £18 .
I got a spare set here.
Photo Gallery
INXS650
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 14, 2007, 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Flat tracker style handlebars in the UK?

Mikes does have a street tracker bar listed. I put drag bars on mine to give me a little more lean over without having to contort my arms to get there. The closer the bars to the steering head, the better/more control you seem to have over your front end. I guess you need to figure out what position you want to ride in.
Photo Gallery
INXS650
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 14, 2007, 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Flat tracker style handlebars in the UK?

Here is a pic of the drag bars installed. You have to reverse your brake line to the Master cylinder, and move the wires and clutch cable, but the control is so much better for me.
Photo Gallery
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 14, 2007, 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Flat tracker style handlebars in the UK?

Oh,thats what you mean.. I got a slightly wider set of those too...trouble is I find they make me lean too far forward...I'm a bit too tall to be comfortable with them on,must say though that steering is pretty easy with that extra leverage..
Photo Gallery
ttmaniac

PostPosted: May 14, 2007, 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Flat tracker style handlebars in the UK?

I run a superbike bar or very similar. Grand Prix or something. Flanders brand. 2.5 inch rise 6 3/4 inch pullback. I love those bars. The price has nearly doubled since I bought them six years back.
Photo Gallery
Jake68
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 15, 2007, 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Flat tracker style handlebars in the UK?

S*d it, I'll bite the bullet and get the set from Mikes.

They are bang on what I want. He has them actually "branded" flatracker style.

None of the companies I can deal with over here seem to quote handlebar dimension so you know what you are getting.

Maybe Im tight, but 30 quid for something you have to pay to send back?

Bring back the good old days when bike shops sold real bikes...:-) And Real bike parts Smile
Photo Gallery
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 16, 2007, 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: Flat tracker style handlebars in the UK?

jake,you should get along to one of the autojumbles , loads round your way,dozens of different bars for sale at less than £20 !

Have you checked that Mike will send to England,he refuses to ship anything Ive asked for ! Evil or Very Mad
Photo Gallery
Tomterrific

PostPosted: May 16, 2007, 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Flat tracker style handlebars in the UK?

I have late 60's Triumph bars on my Triumph that are very similar to the Mikesxs flattrack bars on my XS650. I'm sure you can get Triumph bars all over GB.

Tom Graham

Forum Index -> Flattracker - Streettracker All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1