650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > Sick of the weather..

Sick of the weather..
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: December 14, 2009, 3:03 am    Post subject: Sick of the weather..

Gawd I wish it would stop raining here..Not ridden mine for at least 7 weeks , pissed down with rain every weekend since September..Really not worth spending 10 minutes getting the bike down the garden through the gates for a short wet ride then spending 2 hours cleaning her down again! Rolling Eyes
Anyone want to swap warm wet weather for some nice freezing cold dry proper winter riding conditions !
I wouldnt mind so much if I could find a spare hour or so to start my XS rebuild projects but if I have any days off I need to sell off more of my diminishing stock of XS parts Sad
..Lifes a bitch..Then you marry one....

gradually losing intrest... God help me...
Photo Gallery
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: December 14, 2009, 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Sick of the weather..

Join the legion of whinging bloody poms & come on down '61. Always room for another fine English gentleman to discuss the finer points of cricket, rugby & why the hell you'd want to drink warm beer! Oh did I mention the 360 riding days per year?

So fill your esky, grab your thongs & we'll see you shortly. Cheers.

despecial

PostPosted: December 14, 2009, 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Sick of the weather..

..oh i dunno - its not too bad today, temp has gone up to 3°C, the snow has stopped-not that it was much anyway, more like dust...ticked over 2nd kick...went and had a wander through the frankfurt christmas market, had a coffee and roasted chestnuts...laughing at all the cagers stranded looking for parking...

...dont need an esky thanx-ambient temp is fine, you wont see me dead in a thong and yes it is short today Mr. Green

Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: December 14, 2009, 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Sick of the weather..

Well I certainly wasn't suggesting any more bloody Kiwi's come over despecial Wink

NEWSFLASH
NZ Earthquake
A major earthquake, measuring 9.1 on the Richter scale has hit New Zealand this morning. The country is devastated with 350,000 New Zealanders missing, and over 100,000 injured.
The country is totally ruined and the government is so overwhelmed that it has issued a worldwide appeal for assistance. Other nations have been quick to respond to the disaster.
Britain is flying in rescue workers and sniffer dogs to help locate trapped victims.
The USA is flying in food supplies and aid money.
France is flying in doctors, nurses and first aid units.
Japan is flying in high tech communications equipment.
Germany is flying in special trained police squads to help restore order.
Russia is flying in tents and warm clothing.
Australia is flying in 350,000 replacement Kiwis.......

Thongs for your feet, not your bloody but crack Razz

despecial

PostPosted: December 14, 2009, 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Sick of the weather..

yamaman wrote:
Well I certainly wasn't suggesting any more bloody Kiwi's come over despecial Wink

...im firmly ensconced in the land of kraut thanx, although after vancouver and auckland, perth would be my destination of choice Laughing

The USA is flying in food supplies and aid money....jesus, now im scared, just look how long it took them to get organised for katrina
France is flying in doctors, nurses and first aid units...i'll take all the french tarts i can get thanx
Japan is flying in high tech communications equipment...come in zebra oscar foxtrot-we need fucking peacemakers not pacemakers
Germany is flying in special trained police squads to help restore order...so afghanistan was training prep for godzown afterall
Russia is flying in tents and warm clothing...ex chechnya
Australia is flying in 350,000 replacement Kiwis...theyre going to need brawn not brains

PostPosted: December 14, 2009, 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Sick of the weather..

despecial wrote:
yamaman wrote:

...im firmly ensconced in the land of kraut thanx, although after vancouver and auckland, perth would be my destination of choice Laughing

The USA is flying in food supplies and aid money....jesus, now im scared, just look how long it took them to get organised for katrina
France is flying in doctors, nurses and first aid units...i'll take all the french tarts i can get thanx
Japan is flying in high tech communications equipment...come in zebra oscar foxtrot-we need fucking peacemakers not pacemakers
Germany is flying in special trained police squads to help restore order...so afghanistan was training prep for godzown afterall
Russia is flying in tents and warm clothing...ex chechnya
Australia is flying in 350,000 replacement Kiwis...theyre going to need brawn not brains

Trust me, the vancouver weather is no different. Right now we've got mighty highs of -3, and terrible light coats of freezing snow. Add to that a large population of people who can't drive and you have a nightmare.
gordonscott

PostPosted: December 14, 2009, 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Sick of the weather..

24 deg and 30mph gust winds with wind chill of 6 deg, as long as you're not wearing a skirt it's not that bad Razz

cimg5038.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  233.25 KB
 Viewed:  328 Time(s)

cimg5038.jpg

blackwidow

PostPosted: December 14, 2009, 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Sick of the weather..

it's been like minus 8 degrees and all that up here but it finally warmed up it was like 50-60 yesterday so thats good

PostPosted: December 14, 2009, 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Sick of the weather..

...g-scott, three wheels? - thats like taking a pistol to a sword fight Very Happy and youve got space enough for a good grunty battery...electric body suit Laughing

...mathil...yea vancouver drivers are nuts when it snows, simply cant handle it Twisted Evil -just as well you only get a few days normally...the advantage is, that when its raining its not cold enough to snow...disadvantage, you get all the panhandlers collecting there for winter-east hastings gets even more depressing Sad

PostPosted: December 14, 2009, 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Sick of the weather..

despecial wrote:
...g-scott, three wheels? - thats like taking a pistol to a sword fight Very Happy and youve got space enough for a good grunty battery...electric body suit Laughing

...mathil...yea vancouver drivers are nuts when it snows, simply cant handle it Twisted Evil -just as well you only get a few days normally...the advantage is, that when its raining its not cold enough to snow...disadvantage, you get all the panhandlers collecting there for winter-east hastings gets even more depressing Sad

Yeah. I have no idea how they're going to get the place "pretty looking" for the olympics. Simply retarded that they would actually spend the money to put a bandaid on it rather than actually fixing something.

I'm worried this year will mirror last. Last year we had a few feet of snow for a good month, it was tragic. No infrastructure here for dealing with that.
BSABarb

PostPosted: December 14, 2009, 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Sick of the weather..

Hi Guys,

Only one way to get to Spring, y'know.....

Mathil, I remember last winter--I think it was December we got all that snow and cold, right? (I'm about 60 miles south of Vancouver) That's where, as illustrated by Gordonscott, a third wheel is invaluable! Not only for keeping upright in the snow, but for steadying the bike when the electric leg won't start her, and she must be started using the kick-starter. The chair keeps her upright, even on ice---very handy! A third wheel and 10w-30 oil and it's good to go for winter.

Warmer would be nice, however. I got my five cords in for the winter, but it would be nice to not burn all of them before March..... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: December 14, 2009, 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Sick of the weather..

Hi Guys,

Only one way to get to Spring, y'know.....

Mathil, I remember last winter--I think it was December we got all that snow and cold, right? (I'm about 60 miles south of Vancouver) That's where, as illustrated by Gordonscott, a third wheel is invaluable! Not only for keeping upright in the snow, but for steadying the bike when the electric leg won't start her, and she must be started using the kick-starter. The chair keeps her upright, even on ice---very handy! A third wheel and 10w-30 oil and it's good to go for winter.

Warmer would be nice, however. I got my five cords in for the winter, but it would be nice to not burn all of them before March..... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: December 14, 2009, 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Sick of the weather..

Can anyone explain why my posts are double-posting? I click the damned "submit" button once, wait a few seconds, and there they are, two posts.

Frustrating.... Mad

Barb

Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: December 14, 2009, 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Sick of the weather..

Well it didn't happen this time! Laughing

I thought you were just trying to get your post count back up, seeing how you lost all your old ones!

despecial

PostPosted: December 14, 2009, 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Sick of the weather..

...was living in vancouver 96-97 when those ice storms closed down the east-got quite cold then but generally vancouver is ok for winter...not like when i was in the yukon, endless snow but a nice comfortable dry-cold

...hope youve got a good double burning woodstove barb

650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: December 14, 2009, 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Sick of the weather..

Snowed 3" here for one day last February for the first time in years - it brought the country to a standstill ! ..
They just forcast us some more this week..Oh joy...No work then.. Crying or Very sad

Photo Gallery
650skull
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: December 14, 2009, 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Sick of the weather..

Had the worst winter since 1980............didn't rain for 5 months Laughing
Photo Gallery
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: December 14, 2009, 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Sick of the weather..

You lucky barsteward...
Photo Gallery
blackwidow

PostPosted: December 15, 2009, 3:19 am    Post subject: Re: Sick of the weather..

we got like 48" of snow 2 yrs ago man it suxed but yesterday it was 62 degrees here really nice
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

Location: Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.- 1977 XS650 "D" Standard

PostPosted: December 15, 2009, 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Sick of the weather..

It was 8 deg F last night when we were fighting a house fire. I'm still cold.

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: December 16, 2009, 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: Sick of the weather..

Wahey! Weve got our first frost of the winter !
...Im using the van...Roads are now too salty for the bikes shiny bits Rolling Eyes

Photo Gallery
despecial

PostPosted: December 16, 2009, 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: Sick of the weather..

...we had 3 frosts late oct then nothing-havent had to scrape the car windows since...snowing again this morning though - in about 30 mins, after my coffee, im off for a ride...time to terrorise those cagers

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1