650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > wet saturday

wet saturday
Go to page Previous  1, 2
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: November 24, 2009, 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: wet saturday

Yes, most have come & gone since then.....Just can't get the comment that under Jones they didn't/couldn't think for themselves!
650skull
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: November 25, 2009, 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: wet saturday

Look at the team Jones inherited. ...........Had half the broncos back line, extremely talented individuals in their prime..........Mat Burk at fullback. no more to say about him......And the best forward pack with a genuine jumper in Dan Vickerman....Gregan and Larkam, were the engine and used to Jones thinking.........Larkam was an exellent player but could be put off his game and he didn't have a backup one and this is where Eddie Jones comes in.....His coaching discouraged individual input, it was all about structuring the plays, (and forgoing a bit of flair and opening up play if someone saw an opening), for the next phase to set up a play 2 phases later........Within 2 years Jones had strangled the Wallibies with such a structured and ridged game they became easy pickings for any team that rattled their cage. .No plan B or some individual brilliance.........Gitto is still struggling from the Jones mentality.........He was on that fateful European trip where Jones lost the last 8 of the 9 Matches.
Photo Gallery
despecial

PostPosted: November 25, 2009, 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: wet saturday

...im no rugby profi-swam, played league, hockey, table tennis for st george back in the 70s-but i do think the jones gregen leadership became far too wooden and mechanical, especially towards the end-felt really sorry for smith, mortlock and elsom and am happy they have been retained as a core...with luck giteau can shake the sawdust out of his hair and retain some of the flair he showed earlier in his career and mitchell can grow as a player
...it has to be hard for deans to work this job as hes always going to be the fall guy but i do think that this current tour will draw the players together - it was a hard loss against scotland and not necessarily bad for motivation, will be interesting to see what happens this week...

PostPosted: November 29, 2009, 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: wet saturday

- another wet saturday, damn, now theres global warming for you-no snow, positive temps and its bloody near december - at least there was some good rugby...spent the afternoon and evening away from the kids holed up in an irish bar...good results-free beers and springbok steaks all round, almost noone turned up to watch the wallabies have a good run, then me and my fijian mate loudly resisting a crowd of roosters 5 trys to nil-werent resisting the hens and now its 05.00 and time for bed

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2