650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Welcome > > Introduce yourself to the community here > > New from Vancouver

New from Vancouver
    Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here
Mathil

PostPosted: October 12, 2009, 9:18 pm    Post subject: New from Vancouver

Hey all!

Just posting to say, "Hi".

I'm 23, live in Vancouver, BC, and am looking to build a custom out of an 80 XS650 I own. I'm Looking to build a long, low drop-seat with 21" wheels front and rear. A modern boardtracker, I suppose.

I work as an RV manufacturer, involved in all areas including fibreglass, metalwork, upholstery and cabinetry, so I have access to all sorts of fun tools.

If anyone has spoked wheels, or spoke hubs with a drum assembly, I'm looking for them!

Thanks!

Bryan
gordo
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: October 12, 2009, 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: New from Vancouver

Hi Mat, welcome to the site! You'll find what your looking for, just be a little patient.,,,Gordo
Rick_in_PDX

PostPosted: October 14, 2009, 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: New from Vancouver

hello Matt I am new to the site myself and am also from Vancouver but Washington NOT BC, I have many good friends in Vic ~sannich~ actually and am up that way allot of time.
I just got a project hardtail xs with 750 kit.... I have a spoke front wheel with a very good tire I would like to swap for the XS mag wheel

here are pics of my beast

Some people will say that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this,,,,, Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube,That is why God made fast motorcycles—Hunter S
Mathil

PostPosted: October 15, 2009, 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: New from Vancouver

Holy Smokes, you have one of the rare drum mags for the rear, cool!

If you want to swap sometime I'd be up for it. I just need to find another source for a rear spoke/drum wheel.

Bike looks cool
Rick_in_PDX

PostPosted: October 15, 2009, 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: New from Vancouver

THANKS, Well just got it running today!!!! is basically still in mock up. fitting an xj tank to it (has the curved bottom) items I am looking for are things like a speedometer........... will trade some true carbon fiber sheeting ~off of an f-22 raptor inspection panel~ define the size you may need, can offer pics after I get my fender made out of it......LOL, but rode the thing today in between showers..... who ever did the frame did an ok job... I have a tranny issue ~no first gear~ but engine starts right up and isnt as cold as many of the other twins I have had seems plenty powerful but not ever had a 650 twin and kitting this one I have no way to com pair it. but it does feel allot like my laverda after its moving,,,, hell yea if you want the front or even the rear lets see what we can do for each other..... one for one, ~my rear wheel has a brand new 150 on it~ I just want them to match front and rear
Some people will say that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this,,,,, Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube,That is why God made fast motorcycles—Hunter S

Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1