650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Welcome > > Introduce yourself to the community here > > Hi From Chicago

Hi From Chicago
    Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here
mouka

PostPosted: October 1, 2009, 8:02 am    Post subject: Hi From Chicago

Hi all,
I have just purchased a nice 2003 V-Star SIlverado for $2300, it has 4990 miles on the counter. It has everything I need except a windshield and engine guards.
The windshield was stolen when the previous owner parked overnight on a busy street. Would you believe that some a$$ hole actually stole the windshield from the bike? I couldn't believe it, but hey, this is Chicago.
The bike is in ALMOST mint condition, it has a scratch on the front fender, a "beauty mark" as I like to call it. I am missing the bolt that secures the rear seat to the fender. I have been told that this is common to the V-Star 650. I will check it out with a Yamaha dealer.
Other than these 2 minor issues, my bike is amazing. I took it home yesterday in temperatures barely over 40. It performed flawlessly. I pushed it all the way to 70 mph. I couldn't feel the "buzziness" some have mentioned. I also had an issue with the clutch disengaging very late. I had to let the clutch lever go almost 3/4th of the way before the bike starts moving. I am not used to this type of clutch with my other bikes. I have been told that this is normal. That there is a simple kit that could fix this problem.
I have two other bikes:
A Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic with 3100 miles. This is bike is MINT and is the smoothest V-twin I have EVER tried or owned. The seat is not as good as the V-Star, but I can learn to live with it.
A 2001 Suzuki Intruder 1500 LC (Legendary Classic) with 14400 miles on it. This one is BIG and LOUD. it has Cobra Slashcuts on it. I honestly could set off alarms if I twisted a bit the throttle. I don't do it, but it's obnoxiously loud. I am going to put stock pipes on it. I don't mind the "sewing machine" sound on my bikes. In fact, I prefer the stock pipes, but it's just me.
Here are some pictures of my stable. The pictures are dark because I took them yesterday evening around 9:30 when I got the Silverado home:

On the last picture you can see the Kawasaki on the left corner and the Intruder is the one with the windshield.
Strangely enough, ALL 3 bikes are red. The Intruder is actually burgundy with purple flames.

650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: October 1, 2009, 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Hi From Chicago

well welcome to this site but the 650 V-star isn't exactly what's the main focus here, you might notice a bit of difference in the engine layouts of the two models other than the displacment of the engines your V-Star650 doesn't have much in common with the XS650

v-star-650.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  49.48 KB
 Viewed:  216 Time(s)

v-star-650.jpg

TeeCat

PostPosted: October 1, 2009, 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi From Chicago

Welcome, mouka.

I was thinking along jayel's lines as well, but upon revisiting the thread, it occurs to me that if someone joined us based upon a cursory glance at the forum's title, without investigating further before doing so, one might understandably have the impression that the forum was inclusive of 650cc bikes in general.

Anyway... pretty bike, mouka. In fairness to you, it's really not immediately apparent that this is an XS/TX650-oriented site. 650rider is, after all, a pretty broad swath.

That said... you clearly need an additional bike! May I heartily recommend an XS/TX650?! Razz

TC
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1