650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > XS Content Please!

XS Content Please!
Go to page Previous  1, 2
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
crashcourse

PostPosted: September 10, 2009, 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: XS Content Please!

Can I just say that without you guys who know stuff, my '81 Special would still be a dream waiting to happen? And if you do leave this site, can I get a forwarding address?

PostPosted: September 10, 2009, 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: XS Content Please!

I would like to give an apology to 99% of the members of this forum for my outburst, I will not be returning for obvious reasons.
jimmythetrucker

PostPosted: September 10, 2009, 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: XS Content Please!

Barbara wrote:
I just won a bet with myself...... Very Happy

So did I, Barbara. You couldn't take your own advice. You just offer it to those who don't want it or need it and you do that because -- way down inside where you can't see too good -- you're small and mean and hurtful.
jimmythetrucker

PostPosted: September 10, 2009, 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: XS Content Please!

jscribner wrote:
I am going to speak my piece, and then fall back into the ranks of the lurkers. I have spent about 2 years as a member of Bobbertalk.com. I know the site owner and one of the moderators personally. Men of high integrity. Some of you here who know them know what I mean. There is a very low tolerance of name-calling, yelling at each other, and if a male member ever told a female member to "STFU", I'm pretty sure he would be censured, if not banned altogether.

You 'men of high integrity' sound to me like a bunch of goddam sexists who think poor little girls like Barbara can't take care of themselves without your help. If you'd hang around here and watch her work her knife, you'd find out she's as mean as a gut-shot raccoon and about as helpless as a rattlesnake.
650skull
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: September 10, 2009, 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: XS Content Please!

To stop the continual public abuse from fellow members, especially when they show a blatant disregard for sensibility and decorum and refuse to take a step back, then the best course of action is to take it up with the administrator privately.
Some may feel that that sort of action is squealing, pimping or whatever and is not the way to do things, but when reason has disappeared then it is important to have a referee.

This is a general statement directed to all and my opinion. This is not directed at any one person but a solution to perceived problems, real or imagined.
Photo Gallery
Teebs

PostPosted: September 10, 2009, 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: XS Content Please!

jimmythetrucker wrote:

If you'd hang around here and watch her work her knife, you'd find out she's as mean as a gut-shot raccoon and about as helpless as a rattlesnake.

All I am going to say is; Rolling Eyes

I don't know what sort of idiotic women some of you guys hang out with, but if I tried to to "take care of" my female friends I'd be in worse trouble than the guy who told them to STFU. I've found that strong, intelligent women are quite capable of handling themselves without needing to be rescued, and I would think that any woman with a modicum of self-respect would be insulted by a bunch of Neanderthals trying to "protect" them (from massive internet damage, Rolling Eyes [another one for you, Barb])

Anyway, this site is nothing if not entertaining. The bickering is more or less at the grade school level at this point, but I can appreciate a good round of "I know you are, but what am I?" every now and then. Laughing

And Jimmy... you're a meat head.
Barbara

PostPosted: September 10, 2009, 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: XS Content Please!

Hi Guys,

I just want to thank the "men of integrity" who are on the site. You guys know who you are, and please, consider this a formal request that you not leave the forum or the Site generally. I've seen this sort of thing and seen the results on a couple of other sites, and eventually the thrill wears thin and the problems disappear.

I have to admit that I've never been told to shut the (whatever) up before, but it's worth it for my brand-new nickname: "Rattlesnake Barb"!

Has a ring to it, don't ya think? Very Happy

Lemonade from lemons, Guys. Lemonade from lemons. (And thanks for the PM's of support. I appreciate that a lot.)

Rattlesnake Barb

---------------------------

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
The unnamed Triumph T-140
and the 1979 XS650....with "potential"
Millie the 1980 airhead BMW
Photo Gallery
650skull
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: September 10, 2009, 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: XS Content Please!

Name calling is the problem Teebs.

I can see the chair painted to suit your new name, "rattlesnake" it would look Cool
Photo Gallery
oldbikenut

PostPosted: September 10, 2009, 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: XS Content Please!

I'm glad this thread got started as I've been feeling the same about the content of this forum as many of you do.

Let me say I love motorcycles! Motorcycle have been such a big part of my life and I'd be lost without them. I was so excited when I found this site, the help I've received(even from jtt) is priceless. I appreciate all who have offered there help, support and encouragement with getting my bike going, THANK YOU!

I think for the time being I will be a little less present on forums and pop in once and awhile to see if things have changed.

WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: September 10, 2009, 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: XS Content Please!

Barbara wrote:

Thanks for having the commitment to post a phone number, RUSSO. I don't know that I would have the courage to do that.....

Thanks for the comment Barbara, I'm alway open to calls with members of this site. I'm a rider at heart and I hang with riders.

Photo Gallery
jimmythetrucker

PostPosted: September 10, 2009, 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: XS Content Please!

I been on the Web since 1994, when the Web was invented. Flame wars are all the same, always and everywhere: Some jerk insults someone he or she doesn't like. The injured party responds in kind. Then the jerk shoots back again and all of his or her buddies pile on, either throwing more insults at the injured party or advising them to "be an adult" and ignore what's happening. And invariably, the injured party ends up being blamed for the whole thing. That's the way it ALWAYS works.

For my part, I tried "being an adult." I found that when you do that, the insults keep right on coming. So I no longer worry about being an adult. Them that insult me get it thrown right back, and I don't give a s*** if they hurt. Anybody can see the truth of it who cares to look. For every hurtful message I've posted on these boards you can count four of five pieces of hate mail thrown in my direction. None of those people are interested in "being an adult," so I don't give a damn either.

Y'all are just a bunch of jerks who can stand in front of a mirror all day and never see a thing cuz the fact is there's nothing there to see. I hope you all live forever. It's what you deserve, after all.
Teebs

PostPosted: September 10, 2009, 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: XS Content Please!

I reiterate; Meat Head.

...and I'm only prodding and completely NOT SERIOUS. You ALL need to LIGHTEN UP. Wow...
Joseph

PostPosted: September 11, 2009, 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: XS Content Please!

I don't really see too many people shooting direct insults I know there are a few.
It's all in the way you read something too. I wont be specific because I don't want to start more crap but I read a post the other day where poster 1 posted, poster 2 responded, I think poster 1 again then poster 2 then poster 1 again saying lighten up, don't be so defensive. I read it 5 times and cant' see where poster 2 was being defensive at all.

Photo Gallery
1ironhead

PostPosted: September 11, 2009, 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: XS Content Please!

I just went and stood in front of the mirror (just to check).All I see is,I need a shave.I don't know about living forever,but I just turned 49 yesterday and I feel pretty F@#$%NG good.
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: September 11, 2009, 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: XS Content Please!

jimmythetrucker wrote:
Y'all are just a bunch of jerks

Yeah but you must love us all Jimmy, you keep on coming back!

mmwah xxx

gggGary

PostPosted: September 16, 2009, 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: XS Content Please!

Jees I wander off for a bit and the whole place falls apart? She is what she is, the moderator has spoken so like it or leave. I can ignore the politics and will. My XS has been a bit dormant so I haven't been on here much lately but I like the general character of the site and posters and will continue to visit when the mood strikes. I find I generally like people who like these simple fun to ride bikes. I don't guess any of us ride the XS for the glamour and glitz factor?

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2