650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > I've seen this before...

I've seen this before...
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
Teebs

PostPosted: May 7, 2009, 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: I've seen this before...

Penn, don't worry about them, they suck.
penn71911

PostPosted: May 7, 2009, 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: I've seen this before...

Oh yeah... that's RIGHT!! they DO suck... the least they could have done was make that 'can tail-light' a BUD LIGHT can... really... what kinda biker doesn't drink beer?!? Laughing

'82 XS650 - Daily rider
'77 Honda CB750 - Recently adopted
'70 Yamaha CS3 - Saved from the junk pile...
Photo Gallery
Teebs

PostPosted: May 7, 2009, 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: I've seen this before...

jayel wrote:

the best form of goverment is a benolevent dictatorship (as long as I/you get to be dictator)

If I could start executing people based on IQ scores, I'd be benevolent as hell. I'd always have a smile on my face.
Teebs

PostPosted: May 7, 2009, 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: I've seen this before...

The ones that drive BMWs?
xsjohn

PostPosted: May 7, 2009, 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: I've seen this before...

Teebs ride............................ Laughing

statue of.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  23.9 KB
 Viewed:  204 Time(s)

statue of.jpg

Photo Gallery
Teebs

PostPosted: May 7, 2009, 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: I've seen this before...

Damn John, you've been checking out my website too?

One thing about it; he belongs up somebody's ass. Since you're an admitted assh@le John, I'll leave that one to you, a professional.

He looks a little too excited in that pic... it's kinda creepin' me out.
fongbros

PostPosted: May 7, 2009, 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: I've seen this before...

penn71911 wrote:
Oh yeah... that's RIGHT!! they DO suck... the least they could have done was make that 'can tail-light' a BUD LIGHT can... really... what kinda biker doesn't drink beer?!? Laughing
Bud Lite = beer, explains this entire thread.
The Fong Bros only drink Fosters in support of Skull. See how much they suck. That can would be way too big.
penn71911

PostPosted: May 7, 2009, 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: I've seen this before...

"The ones that drive BMWs?"

Believe it or not... NO... This guy I work with rode this kick a$$ BMW touring bike... gorgeous... got druck (ooops... drunk,,, yeah I is,,,) and wrecked it... *I* almost cried... waste of a beautiful machine... I can't afford one...

"If I could start executing people based on IQ scores, I'd be benevolent as hell. I'd always have a smile on my face"

I score 142 to 147 on those 'informal' internet IQ tests... I laugh when they say I'm 'genious' level... I guess in my mind 'genious' means 'smart enough to be rich' ... oooppss... classic underachiever... damnit...

'82 XS650 - Daily rider
Photo Gallery
Teebs

PostPosted: May 7, 2009, 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: I've seen this before...

John's ride?

penn71911

PostPosted: May 7, 2009, 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: I've seen this before...

"That can would be way too big."

You just need a bigger tail-light! No excuses when it comes to beer!

'82 XS650 - Daily rider
Photo Gallery
Teebs

PostPosted: May 7, 2009, 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: I've seen this before...

Yeah, totally joking about the BMW thing. i love all types of bikes and BMW makes some beautiful machines.

"I score 142 to 147 on those 'informal' internet IQ tests... I laugh when they say I'm 'genious' level... I guess in my mind 'genious' means 'smart enough to be rich' ... oooppss... classic underachiever... damnit..."

I've taken 4 IQ tests, average 162. Used to belong to MENSA when I thought it mattered. Dragged out of bed at 3AM to take one of those stupid tests when I was in the Army. That was fun.

I'll be the first one to admit I'm a total underachiever. But then, I never really understood what was so great about the things people were expecting me to achieve.

Now I've achieved some of those things, but I did it in my own way, in my own time.

And the key to it all; I've always done exactly what i wanted to do and I've been happy. To me, that is achievement.

I'll take a person with some good common sense and a little brains over a genius without any sense any day.
Teebs

PostPosted: May 7, 2009, 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: I've seen this before...

Yeah, I think one of those round universal trailer tail lights would fit into a Fosters can... no excuse at all.
penn71911

PostPosted: May 7, 2009, 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: I've seen this before...

"But then, I never really understood what was so great about the things people were expecting me to achieve."

Exactly... gimmie food on the table and a roof over the heads of my wife and 3 beautiful daughters, and I'm done...

'82 XS650 - Daily rider
Photo Gallery
Teebs

PostPosted: May 7, 2009, 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: I've seen this before...

Damn, thanks guys! You just solved my tail light problem!
Teebs

PostPosted: May 7, 2009, 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: I've seen this before...

"Exactly... gimmie food on the table and a roof over the heads of my wife and 3 beautiful daughters, and I'm done..."

Amen brother.

I'm out. A little more cutting and grinding tomorrow and then I start forming the tail section of my frame. I'm extending the swingarm 4 inches to accommodate the seat drop.

Damn, did I actually just talk about my bike? lol
xsjohn

PostPosted: May 7, 2009, 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: I've seen this before...

Teebs tail light.................

teebs tail light.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.04 KB
 Viewed:  171 Time(s)

teebs tail light.jpg

Photo Gallery
roar

PostPosted: May 8, 2009, 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: I've seen this before...

This can't end on a devo butt plug can it???
650rider
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: May 12, 2009, 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: I've seen this before...

Hello Riders,

It’s come to my, somewhat limited, attention that this thread has issues. The thread seems to have started as a preference based discussion about a particular motorcycle, yet now it’s reduced to flaming. I dislike steeping into a discussion; however, from time-to-time, as site admin, it is necessary. This is one of those times. My comments will be approved by some, argued by others, and disregarded by many. What every your perception; obviously, you have your right to it.

One of our newer members, in a lengthy post on the second page of this thread, used the word vitriol. As it was used in the posting it means: language expressing bitterness and hatred. I understand it was used as an observational expletive denoting a desire to speak in kind and with the same perceived flavor of the previously posts. Regardless, it seems to have escalated the tone to anger for many of the posts to follow.

Sometimes in a fasted paced and hot-button thread, one where members are quoting each other, the original topic can get lost. I believe this is the case here. Many posts in this thread are uncharacteristic for the members making them and a few even bordered on socially offensive. Clearly we have an issue.

Each of us goes through times in our lives when we, despite our best efforts, act in ways that are less than our ideal. I stopped smoking fourteen months ago. Four months into it I was a total butt to everyone I know and to lots of people I didn’t know! However, I’m back to my old self now. Not smoking and again very friendly…

This is a social website; a community of friendly XS enthusiasts. Everyone one is welcome; until they become continually unfriendly.

Photo Gallery
nudude53

PostPosted: May 12, 2009, 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: I've seen this before...

Thank you RUSSO, long overdue.............
Teebs

PostPosted: May 13, 2009, 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: I've seen this before...

Actually, that is not what I meant by using the word vitriol, and freedictionary.com may not be the best place from which to quote. No offense intended, Russo.

In this case the word suggests acidic, biting, caustic commentary much like that which came before it. However, rather than have the commentary aimed at an unwitting victim a portion was aimed at the other posters.

There was no hatred in anything I wrote. I don't hate anybody on here. I stumbled on this thread purely by accident. I found what others were writing at another human being's expense, for no seeming purpose other than their own high-handed self-gratification, absolutely repugnant.

I've been visiting this site for a few years. It's a valuable source of information and I appreciate all of the knowledge that members have shared. I only joined last year because I wanted to thank a particular member for sharing his bobber project, allowing me to more clearly envision my own. I haven't found much reason to post because with a little searching I can find an existing thread that addresses my questions.

Part of the reason I became so disgusted with this thread was because a few of the posters were familiar to me from reading their contributions on other threads. "Watching" them attack an unknowing victim was disheartening to say the least.

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15