650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Stock Bikes > > Original Equipment Restoration Projects > > 74TXA Restoration

74TXA Restoration
    Forum Index -> Original Equipment Restoration Projects
650skull
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: April 26, 2009, 6:29 pm    Post subject: 74TXA Restoration

Just confirmed a buy on a one owner 74TXA, has been sitting for a while and the motor is seized. But all in all it is all there and no dents in the tank or side covers.............pick it up this weekend and will post pics after i get it home...........I have spent some time going over the bike, the eclectics have never been chopped. It needs a new set of gauges (which i have) and it will be complete.............The only condition on the bike is the original owner gets first option if/when i sell it.........................Yeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaa........................Must be really rich as i now have the makings of 5 bikes and none on the road......................My rider is only a few days away from being back on though
Photo Gallery
calicruiser

PostPosted: April 26, 2009, 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 74TXA Restoration

make sure you go over all the reflectors with a rag so they are bright and shiny. You wouldn't want your chances of crashing to go up due to faulty reflectors now would you?? I didnt think so;)
jayel
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 26, 2009, 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 74TXA Restoration

I hire a couple of guys to drive in front and back of me with flashing orange lights on thier pickups like the oversize load guys do, can't be to safe out there ........

if you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch

650skull
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: April 26, 2009, 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 74TXA Restoration

No, no this one will be a custom job remove all reflectors, and tires, want to light up the night when i take off.................????????????????? arnt you the guy who was complaining about post jumpers Laughing Laughing
Photo Gallery
calicruiser

PostPosted: April 27, 2009, 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 74TXA Restoration

650skull wrote:
No, no this one will be a custom job remove all reflectors, and tires, want to light up the night when i take off.................????????????????? arnt you the guy who was complaining about post jumpers Laughing Laughing

just givin ya a little bit of your own medicine buddo;)

Forum Index -> Original Equipment Restoration Projects All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1