650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > High Performance Modifications > > All the rest > > Her first real errand!

Her first real errand!
    Forum Index -> All the rest
TeeCat

PostPosted: April 5, 2009, 1:53 pm    Post subject: Her first real errand!

I have maybe a hundred-plus or so dial-in miles on my bike since August of '07 when I got her running, but today she ran her first real errand! I took her up to the local Weiss to return a couple movies.

I shut her down and went in to take the movies back, and she sat for a few while I did that. When I was ready to leave, she fired right up on the first kick and we rolled out.

In the parking lot, I was obviously at low throttle, and she seemed to "load up" a tiny bit - a little popping - until I got her out onto the road, at which time she smoothed right out. It felt like she might have been a little loaded or something... these are the kinds of things that I'm hoping Pete's kit will minimize or eliminate when I get it and install it.

And the clutch is still a little fussy about neutral when hot... I'm just learning to live with that. Otherwise, shifting seems to be excellent.

All in all, a good little run! For me, this bike is an important success so far... some of you recall she was dead when I got her.

There are a few electrical bits to deal with... the minor oil weep will have to wait; I made a deflector that holds a fiberglass heat fabric that is designed to catch any mist off the left side cover before it gets on my frame or side stand. I insist on enjoying this bike some this season.

TC
Photo Gallery
oldbikenut

PostPosted: April 5, 2009, 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Her first real errand!

Congradulations! I can't wait to get mine out on the road!

Forum Index -> All the rest All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1