650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Stock Bikes > > Original Equipment Restoration Projects > > Are you restoring a TX650?

Are you restoring a TX650?
    Forum Index -> Original Equipment Restoration Projects
MN_TX650

PostPosted: February 26, 2009, 11:50 am    Post subject: Are you restoring a TX650?

In an effort to make ammends with the XS gods, I am offering up a chance for someone to rebuild their old TX with original parts with original paint. I am cafe'ing mine, but hopefully it will be good karma if someone else can restore their old TX with my parts Laughing I relize they aren't 100% NOS type parts, but thought I would see if there was any interest just the same. Parts would include the tank (sealed inside, new petcocks, had a seep that I fixed with a gas tank repair putty), sidecovers, and headlight parts. Basically all the blue stuff on the bike. Would also have the rear fender and taillight should someone need it. When the tank leaked, it wore a spot thru the paint on the back of the tank. It is covered by the seat, and could be painted to protect from rust and no one would know. In exchange, I would request your old side covers for my cafe project. Here are a few pics:

And the bad spot on the tank. Hasn't leaked a drop since it was repaired...

Would also have the OEM seat if someone needed it in this package. It has a tear in the front, but still looks good on the bike. Not interested in breaking this up at this point, more wanted to see if I could help someone out who had a 73 that had been repainted or was in severe disrepair. If this is of interest to you, please feel free to PM me and we can work out a price and shipping. Not looking to get rich, but would like some money towards the new parts I have bought for the bike. Hope this works out!! If the mods feel this is not the right place for this post, or feel it should be removed, please do as you see fit. I am just trying to help someone on here out before selling on the dreaded eBay!! Rolling Eyes

Forum Index -> Original Equipment Restoration Projects All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1