650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > FOR SALE

FOR SALE
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
indyjay

PostPosted: February 9, 2009, 11:24 am    Post subject: FOR SALE

Guess I'll post my ad here.

80 XS650G: 17K miles, all original except for GS-E type handlebars, new grips, seat, F/R brake pads (not installed yet), small shield, luggage rack, backrest, tank and sidecover badges and a few more small things from Mike's.

Bike runs perfect and is one of the smoothest 650's I have ridden or owned. Feel free to call with any questions. $1900 neg. (seat alone was $200) 317-882-2777

Next up:

2000 650 V-Star Classic: Mustang seat, Barons tach, windshield, floorboards, saddlebags, luggage rack, backrest, Roadhouse 2-1 (sounds real good!), like new Metzlers, floodlamps. 28K miles, like new.

I bought this bike off the original, METICULOUS owner who only used Repsol products. Very well mauintained and runs and looks new.
$3600 neg.

Thanks!

update: just added the most recent pic of the XS taken couple weeks ago with my phone.

0122091652.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  72.54 KB
 Viewed:  94 Time(s)

0122091652.jpg

010_8.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  126.08 KB
 Viewed:  72 Time(s)

010_8.jpg

650-2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  71.36 KB
 Viewed:  104 Time(s)

650-2.jpg

indyjay

PostPosted: February 13, 2009, 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: FOR SALE

Hey guys!

I'm kind of surprised about the lack of inquiries on my XS. Confused People put off at my asking price?

Price lowered to $1700

This really is a fine example of an 80 Special.

Any comments, opinions, or suggestions would be welcomed!

Thanks!

Jay
xsjohn

PostPosted: February 13, 2009, 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: FOR SALE

Jay........A better picture wouldn't hurt your case........have an 80 myself......every one has there opinions but I think the 80 is the best one .....that's why I kept mine.........

xsjohn
Photo Gallery
Joseph

PostPosted: February 13, 2009, 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: FOR SALE

indy what is your location. It may help motivate some people if they are close.
Photo Gallery
indyjay

PostPosted: February 13, 2009, 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: FOR SALE

Thanks, guys!

I'll try to get some better pictures taken over the weekend. This really is a reluctant sale, and I'd really rather keep the XS more than the V-Star.

I need to sell at least one of them to make my KLR purchase more kosher with my wife. Embarassed

Anyway, if I don't sell it, it won't break my heart to keep it! Laughing

BTW. I live in Indianapolis (Indy, for people unfamiliar), and have a trailer to help with delivery within a reasonable distance.

Have a good weekend everyone! Cool

Jay
gggGary

PostPosted: February 13, 2009, 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: FOR SALE

Well my ideas You are preaching to the choir here. Just about everyone here already OWNS an XS better pics we all know that even high res pics can disappoint you when you actually see the bike. It is early in the year to get a premium price for a motorcycle in Indy. 1700 for a 1980 with 19,000 miles without knowing a whole long list of what has been done recently is fairly steep. From decades of buying and selling,February until the first week of warm weather is the lowest point of the year as far as Motorcycle prices go. I am not completely sure why this is but it seems to be a fact at least in the north. Climates where the summer is too hot too ride much may be different. Tax time, wanna buy a NEW bike time. And this year lets not forget the bank or dealer saying you want to borrow MONEY??? from ME??? may be a fairly large factor also. Not to mention job security is at a decades long low. In your favor XS650's are going up in value not rapidly, but going up. Lots of good pictures a good story about your ownership maintence and reasons for selling help and after all selling is what Craigslist is for. Hope you think that was helpful. I am going to pick up an 80 on Sunday looks pretty nice maybe not quite as nice as yours many new parts 650.00
indyjay

PostPosted: February 17, 2009, 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: FOR SALE

Well, maybe my sentimentallity makes me think it's worth more than it really is. I'm sure many of you feel the same way about your bikes that you've put time, money, and TLC in making nice.

Bought for $700
Money invested $400
Time, effort, and
frustrations $200

Total $1300

Will NOT go lower.

If anybody thinks they can do better, go for it.
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: February 17, 2009, 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: FOR SALE

Thats an extremely low price compared to approx £1500 that bike would fetch over here in Blighty !
gradually losing intrest... God help me...
Photo Gallery
indyjay

PostPosted: February 17, 2009, 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: FOR SALE

Maybe I should come over the pond to sell it then! Laughing
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: February 17, 2009, 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: FOR SALE

Can you post it bit by bit? Might take a year or so..well worth it though(for me ! ) .. Wink Smile
Photo Gallery
JeffM

PostPosted: February 17, 2009, 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: FOR SALE

The father of a friend of mine has a nice collection of old brit singles. About ten years ago he was on vacation in England and brought home a bike in his baggage!! It was oldie that had been in his family and was abandoned in a shed, I think it was a small Greeves. Took it apart, swingarm and forks off, packed it all up in 4 suitcases, tank wheels engine and all. He and his wife checked it in at Heathrow no problem...
nobradovic

PostPosted: February 17, 2009, 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: FOR SALE

Yes man this is completely bargain from my point of view !!! First, I have to say that Your bike looks beautiful !!!

You can not find bike like this under 2500-3000 EUR in Europe. 1 Euro = 1.2569 U.S. dollars today. Of course, it should be in perfect condition. I completely believe that this bike is in such condition.
I spent about 3000 EUR (3800 $) last year in my XS650 project, and "she" wants some more. Full top engine overhaul, performance carbs, boyer's ignition, paint, seat, battery, brakes, electrics... and a lot of details, but that's it. The parts itself costs about 2000 EUR (http://www.xs650shop.de - that's Mike's XS partner in Europe, Germany) with shipping and VAT. Another 1000 EUR for all other spends. And my bike does not looks like better then this one. You have to pay near 200 EUR (250 $) just for your registration and insurance, each year. Of course, you can buy a bike "like" mine for about 1500-2500 EUR, but you'll never know, what's inside. I own this bike for 18 years now, and this year is jubilee (it's '79) so, I decided to spent such a lot of money in this project. In my country, you can not find any new parts, so I have to import everything from Germany !!!
But my point is that all of you lucky guys in US and Canada, have BEST PRICES for bikes in the world !!!

Price in Europe = price in US x 2 in EUR !!! And again: 1 Euro = 1.2569 U.S. dollars today !!!

Hey, Indyjay, Your bike would worth in Europe ,maybe somewhere about 2500-3500 EUR min. Look for prices on www.mobile.de for example.

You are the luckiest guys with absolutely lowest prices in the world !!! Not to mention all support and parts in your own country ...

PS. Average salary in my country is about 500 EUR per month !!!

From Serbia (EX Yugoslavia) with LOVE !!!

yamaha final (6).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  561.95 KB
 Viewed:  61 Time(s)

yamaha final (6).jpg

yamaha final (5).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  385.45 KB
 Viewed:  60 Time(s)

yamaha final (5).jpg

yamaha final (0).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  303.2 KB
 Viewed:  62 Time(s)

yamaha final (0).jpg

Photo Gallery
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: February 17, 2009, 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: FOR SALE

Hes right, you Yanks are luck SOB's...Dont give it away mate, you'd have to pay $700 for an engine alone here without hearing it running(chech UK Ebay at the moment)! Anyone over there in the land of the rich got some cheap 34mm roundslides they want to part with )
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1