650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Motorcycle Systems > > Exhaust > > Where can I get shotgun exhaust pipes?

Where can I get shotgun exhaust pipes?
    Forum Index -> Exhaust
JoshX

PostPosted: April 19, 2006, 5:20 pm    Post subject: Where can I get shotgun exhaust pipes?

I'm building an xs650 bobber and am having no luck finding some shotgun pipes for the project. I've seen bikes that had em, pipes that
both wrap to one side and then shoot straight back at about the middle of the engine. Anybody know where I can get a set?
Photo Gallery
kingwj
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 19, 2006, 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Where can I get shotgun exhaust pipes?

did you check the exhausts at Omar's?

omarsdtr.com

1979 XS650F
1979 XS750SF
1972 Triumph Tiger
Photo Gallery
flavaz33

PostPosted: April 19, 2006, 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Where can I get shotgun exhaust pipes?

You could call mine shot gun pipes i guess, but they are still on the stock sides (1L and 1R), but arent middle height. I just wacked off the stock mufflers and welded on some automotive exhaust the same size as the header. They go back as far as the end of the swingarm, another 5 or 6 inches longer than the stock ones maybe? Made my own mounting for the back bracket. I havent posted any recent pics of my bike with them on, but she'll be cleaned up from the winter work here soon and ill be sure to take some and post them for ya. Hope this helps.

Kevin

JoshX

PostPosted: April 20, 2006, 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Where can I get shotgun exhaust pipes?

I checked out Omar's and didn't find anything that quite matches my bobber project, plus the pipes he did have were a bit pricey.
I'm looking for something just like on this bike:
www.choppahead.com/pic...ricia2.jpg

thanks for the input so far
Photo Gallery
bostonmike

PostPosted: August 7, 2006, 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Where can I get shotgun exhaust pipes?

are these what your looking for?

xs650-2-22.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.16 MB
 Viewed:  396 Time(s)

xs650-2-22.jpg

Photo Gallery
JoshX

PostPosted: August 7, 2006, 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Where can I get shotgun exhaust pipes?

Yes, those look great
Are they yours?
Photo Gallery
bostonmike

PostPosted: August 7, 2006, 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Where can I get shotgun exhaust pipes?

yea i made them from a discarded mac two into one exhaust and the leftover pieces over a harley shovelhead. i'm working on anouther set like those but it will attach to the top shock mount.
Photo Gallery
JoshX

PostPosted: August 7, 2006, 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Where can I get shotgun exhaust pipes?

I have some stock pipes that I cut off just past the shifter
so they are basically just header pipes now.
I'm going to see how I like em like this.
How much would you be interested in for your homemade pipes
you posted above?
Photo Gallery
tracker79

PostPosted: August 7, 2006, 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Where can I get shotgun exhaust pipes?

If bostonmike doesnt hook you up you might call phil at omars and ask about the 1 mile pipes without the mufflers. i like the length on bostonmikes better, omars would be alittle shorter.
Photo Gallery
bostonmike

PostPosted: August 10, 2006, 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Where can I get shotgun exhaust pipes?

I'm working on the other set of pipes now, as far as how much for them would depend on how long it takes to make them and if you want them with the wrap or chromed.
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Exhaust All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1