650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Welcome > > Introduce yourself to the community here > > Hi - New member

Hi - New member
    Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here
wyrsa9

PostPosted: July 24, 2006, 10:36 pm    Post subject: Hi - New member

Hello all,
Russ here from Benfleet, Essex, England. Just joined this forum so interested to see how it works. I'm a member of the VJMC in the UK and regularly post on two other forums, the VJMC XS section on Yahoo for my '75 XS650 roadster ( UK spec 533 European) and the Yamaha-RD forum for my '84 RZV500R. My XS restoration is nearing completion but I'm struggling to find some of the smaller parts that Yam have now made obsolete here in the UK. I'm working offshore in The North Sea, so only get a little time to play with the bikes between work, young family and renovation of my home. I'll send some pics of the XS when I get home -she looks mighty fine!

Regards, Russ
jayel
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: July 24, 2006, 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi - New member

welcome you'll have to put some pontoons on your XS so you can ride to work, is your bike a special or a standard model or is it modified? jayel in southeasten Iowa USA
wyrsa9

PostPosted: July 24, 2006, 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi - New member

Hi Jayel,
The bikes all original - Star Black with Gold decals (nearly identical to the US version XS650B). My brother gave me the bike in bits in 1995. He had stripped it in 1979 after using it every day in all weathers for three years. I was given a load of boxes of rusty metal and have slowly (very slowly) put it all back together. The XS looks concourse but that was never my intention, it will get ridden and it will no doubt rain when I'm out on it! It tends to rain when ever I fancy a ride out! Maybe I'll consider a floatation device but helicopters are generally drier! Thanks for the welcome. Regards, Russ
kingwj
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: July 26, 2006, 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Hi - New member

A Barry Sheene fan I see, saw him race at Daytona. I am more of the Mike Hailwood era myself.

Welcome.

1979 XS650F
1979 XS750SF
1972 Triumph Tiger
Photo Gallery
wyrsa9

PostPosted: July 26, 2006, 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi - New member

Thanks for the welcome Kingwj,
Sadly I missed seeing Hailwood riding but do recall that sad day he died with his daughter - a double tragedy. Can you beleive that it was twenty years ago Question Barry Sheene was one of my hero's, an all time great. The pic was taken in 1982 when he was riding for the Akia sponsored Yamaha - he would have won the World Championship for the third time that year if he had'nt been wiped out at Silverstone Sad . I was lucky enough to be introduced to him several times by a guy called Pete Gibson who knew Barry. Pete owned Allspeeds who made expansion chambers in the UK, I think he may also have raced against Barry? Sheene was a real gentleman though, extremely down to earth and a real nice guy. Such a shame the dreaded Cancer stole such a great man - I can think of thousands who should have gone before him - I was gutted! My two other favourite GP riders were Randy Mamola and the real slide king Kevin Schwantz. Regards, Russ

Coose

PostPosted: July 27, 2006, 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi - New member

Ironically, I gave Bazzer a light at Oliver's Mount 50th anniversary in 1997!

Top bloke! Smile
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1