650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > Christian Motorcycle Association

Christian Motorcycle Association
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
Barbara

PostPosted: July 8, 2008, 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

Hey, Congratulations, '61! That's wonderful!

Now, Skull---not to totally hijack the thread, so I'll stifle myself and try to keep it short...not easy, mind you!

Bikes and names. I'm not sure, and I can't speak for anyone but me, but my bikes are alive. Well, some are, and some have...."potential". So if I just say "the BSA" I could be talking of any of four bikes. On the other hand, right now I have only one Triumph, and I'm not sure how it feels about itself--boy or girl, so I haven't named it yet. My BSA's have been girls, my Nortons were guys, the Yam is a girl, and the G80 Matchlesses were, of course, male. *Really* male! So they get names. My XS is named for a witch in a favorite book....really silly stuff, but fun and an integral part of my relationship with bikes over the years.

Don't guys name their bikes? I have a friend who has a 650 single and a sidecar, and he calls it "Sonny & Chair"---his nickname is Sonny.

Gee--and I promised that it would be short. Sorry. (Now back to your regularly scheduled thread....)

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
The unnamed Triumph T-140
and the 1979 XS650....with "potential"
Millie the 1980 airhead BMW
Photo Gallery
bsquared

PostPosted: August 12, 2008, 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

"Biker Sunday" with the Christian Motorcycle Association was a great success! If you are interested in viewing the newscast video, please go to this link:
www.kcautv.com/global/...d=41860061

Peace,
Bsquared

Philippians 4:7 I really believe Wink that this has been mistranslated...St. Paul was thinking about a large Chocolate brownie when he mentioned the "piece that passes all understanding." (Yes...I'm joking)
Photo Gallery
lyle

PostPosted: August 12, 2008, 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

Great video clip bsquared, thanks for posting the link. Glad the news crew took a bit of video of your XS2 650, looks good.
Photo Gallery
bsquared

PostPosted: August 12, 2008, 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

You're welcome Kyle! My bike looked a little small compared to the others, but it gets a lot of comments. Seems like a lot of bikers started with xs650's. They still sound good.
I almost screwed the bike up getting it ready for the service. I gave it a full tune up, and when closing up the gap on one of the new plugs, I rapped it on the ground a few times....ruined the plug and didn't know it until I was trying to start it to check the timing. I thought I shorted something out, ruined condensor, coil, had the points wrong, etc. I switched plugs and found the problem. Dumb move, simple solution.
Peace,
Bsquared.

I'll post some photos of the service soon.

Philippians 4:7 I really believe Wink that this has been mistranslated...St. Paul was thinking about a large Chocolate brownie when he mentioned the "piece that passes all understanding." (Yes...I'm joking)
Photo Gallery
650rider
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: August 17, 2008, 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

Hello 650 Riders,

First off let me apologize for my long absence from the site, I have been covered up with personal issues and with new job responsibilities and for the few the few of you that PM-ed me… NO I was not in the county jail.

Now on to the topic at hand., the member dpmphoto has been spanked and his posts edited.

dpmphoto a direct comment to you – Do Not post content that is just gratuitously nasty and vulgar. There is not further discussion on the matter – Don’t Do It. Further as a member of many forum sites myself I can tell you that disrespectful and personal attack posts like the one directed at member Barbara will get you nowhere. In fact the other members can make the site all but useless to you by blocking your requests for help and filling your threads with links back to your nasty posts.

As for the rest of you all – I’m happy to see that there are so very funny members on the site. I read most of the thread and got some good laughs!

Question – as anyone been riding on the blue ridge parkway in the smokies mountains and while taking in gorgeous visa on a slow right hand wide in the road and just as you pick up 3rd gear feel you bike go off the hard top and start crunching gravel? It happened to me last year. For it was just then that God firmed up the gravel, parted the forest of trees, increased the travel on my swig arm and front shocks, graded the land to a perfect 150 foot 27 degree ramp, instantly upgrade my old 650 to a full on 850 big bore, plated my body in riding armor, gave me the riding skills of a pro motto-crosser as I launched for a 370 foot flight like an eagle clearing the cretin death of the 800 foot drop off below and landing effortlessly back on the hardtop in the center of my lane.

I’m just saying you know… Rolling Eyes

It happed just like that, really. Well okay I went off the road and as I did I was thinking “Dam I’m so screwed” and in a flash I was back, safely on the road. It had nothing to do with anything I did that’s for sure! I’m an okay rider but not that good… So I stick with the power of God story above!

Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: August 17, 2008, 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

I ride the parkway a bunch.......great place till it starts to rain and I am 75 miles from home.......well at least I won't have to take a bath for another week........

xsjohn
Photo Gallery
Retiredgentleman
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: August 17, 2008, 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

Russo; Glad to see you are back on the site. Sometimes people need to take a sabbatical, a pause to refresh. Great site with great people!
Photo Gallery
650rider
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: August 17, 2008, 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

Thank you - yes a sabbatical was in there too.
Photo Gallery
bsquared

PostPosted: August 18, 2008, 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

Hey Russo, Nice to hear from you and thank-you for your site admin editing. I thought you had died and gone to heaven from the description you gave of your ride, except that you're here to tell it. The link to the newscast on the Christian Motorcycle Association "Biker Sunday" has expired. I still need to get some photos in my album for those interested. Peace,
Bsquared

Photo Gallery
bsquared

PostPosted: August 18, 2008, 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

I've upoaded photos our our Bike Blessing to "Biker Sunday" gallery in my account. Anyone interested can search member photos by entering "Biker Sunday" in search field.
Peace,
Bsquared.

Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4