650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Chopper jobs > > Hey Yamachop

Hey Yamachop
    Forum Index -> Chopper jobs
NateDogg

PostPosted: July 28, 2008, 9:08 pm    Post subject: Hey Yamachop

Hey, looks like we made all those grumpy old bastards cry and kick us out of their little club over at the JJ. A lot of those old timers struck me as dickheads from day 1. I'm gonna post my Aermacchi on there when it's done and go heavy on the italian side, not the engine covers harley bullied their name onto with their big corporation dollars. Those guys really pissed me off....let them ride their overpriced, obsolete peices of has been crap. Long live the UJM!!!!!
drifter
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: July 28, 2008, 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey Yamachop

What's JJ, and how is an Aeramacchi a UJM? Just kidding on the bike. I always liked those Aeramacchis. What size is yours?

Dave

"Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers." Hunter S. Thompson
Photo Gallery
climber11

PostPosted: July 29, 2008, 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Hey Yamachop

No Way! I just found the post on JJ going American and Brit only. What a bunch of s***. F'n uptight bastards! I have been a faithful poster there for many years, and I quit as of right now. I think they are just jealous that jap bikes don't break down as often!

Scott

Yamaha_chop

PostPosted: July 29, 2008, 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: Hey Yamachop

Yea, can't say I didn't see that coming though. I mean my bike should've been instantly bashed upon posting there in the first place. I was really suprised by the positive response I did receive on it. You could tell that most of the responses were, "I wouldn't build it, but I respect the work that went into it." which is what I thought chopper sites were all about.

I am thinking seriously of starting my own forum board, but there's so many out there already, and I don't know the first thing about running one.

It definitely is ridiculous to single out the jap bikes though. I mean, it was getting overwhelming with posts of stock bikes people picked up for $100 saying they were going to do this and do that. But the same thing was happening with more expensive, but no less crappy, Harleys, people were posting their stock bikes saying I'm going to do this and that.

I definitely think they could've gone about it in a different way, but when it comes down to it, it's their board and they'll do what they want with it.

Still retarded Wink
Irish

PostPosted: July 29, 2008, 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Hey Yamachop

You were kicked out? I haven't bee on there lately, I'm guessing I got the el'booto too if you did.
Photo Gallery
Irish

PostPosted: July 29, 2008, 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Hey Yamachop

I just looked, Ryan put a post on the main page, well at least they finally grew the balls to say what was the underlying theme over there. This is a great place for help with the XS stuff. And the Horse boards are very helpful and welcome all, no matter what you ride.
Photo Gallery
GaugedFreak

PostPosted: July 29, 2008, 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey Yamachop

It's a load of horse crap, but there were some great XS builds on there.. Looks like I'll be sticking to 650riders and bobbertalk.com more often now. Oh well for them, I get in where I fit in. Laughing
killtrip

PostPosted: July 30, 2008, 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Hey Yamachop

Thats something I've noticed in the local chopper shop..

I went in to talk to them, and as soon as I mention that it was a yamaha, he rolls his eyes at me, tells me it isnt worth the time or money to put into it..

and this was the owner.. I avoid that place like the plague now.

PostPosted: July 30, 2008, 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Hey Yamachop

killtrip wrote:

I went in to talk to them, and as soon as I mention that it was a yamaha, he rolls his eyes at me, tells me it isnt worth the time or money to put into it..

So...then what is?

A "looks the same as every other damn bike produced" Harley that is OMG! Chromed out?
Photo Gallery
krunk

PostPosted: July 30, 2008, 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Hey Yamachop

killtrip wrote:

So...then what is?

A "looks the same as every other damn bike produced" Harley that is OMG! Chromed out?
Photo Gallery
GaugedFreak

PostPosted: July 30, 2008, 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Hey Yamachop

killtrip wrote:

Thats why it's more fun to build an XS take it to a show with pictures of the work you put into it and win over $30-60K showroom floor choppers. Laughing

Forum Index -> Chopper jobs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1