650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Welcome > > Introduce yourself to the community here > > Whats up

Whats up
    Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here
brooks

PostPosted: July 6, 2006, 2:03 am    Post subject: Whats up

Hi everyone,

My name is Brooks,

I'm new to the group. I got an xs from a girl I met at a bar about a year ago. Someone put pods on it and didn't re-jet properly and it burnt the top out of one of the pistons, so she gave it to me rather than try to get it sorted out.

I put a used motor in it thinking it would be a short cut to a rideable bike just to find out that there were some serious internal oil leaks with the used motor (probably valve seals). Luckily I was only into the bike for about 150 bucks at that point.

Now I'm rebuilding the whole thing. I just picked up a big bore kit which should be here in a few days. I'm curious if I'm going to have to get the cans bored to fit the new sleeves or not.

While I've got the head off I figured I'd have a go at porting. I got out the dremmel and started grinding and polishing. Porting is new to me but I figured what the hell. some of it is obvious. There are sharp edges in there that need to come off. I realize other stuff is trial and error. If anyone wants to dish out some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello, and I look forward to contributing to the giving and the recieving end of this group.

Brooks
Peke

PostPosted: July 6, 2006, 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: Whats up

Heya Brooks,

A nice welcome from Holland.

Cheers
Peke
650rider
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: July 7, 2006, 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Whats up

Hi brooks we do have a member thats got great porting background.

check this info out and send him a message: /Your_Account/profile=39.html

Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1