650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > Christian Motorcycle Association

Christian Motorcycle Association
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
tweedy64

PostPosted: July 7, 2008, 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

Tell me whats god n jesus got to do with motorcycling at least moses rode a triumph, just my personal opinion. Religion n beliefs are a personal thing just stick to riding your XS mate. cheers tweedy
Photo Gallery
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: July 7, 2008, 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

..They put salt on our UK roads in winter..It plays havoc with aluminium & chrome..We also use it on gardens to kill slugs..Err..Have I missed the moral/message ... Wink

On a more serious note Im not a religious man(its all a bit of harmless wishful thinking) but I have no problem with people who are - especially if they're into bikes..
Us christians have to stick together against the mid-eastsern hordes... Twisted Evil
Photo Gallery
bsquared

PostPosted: July 7, 2008, 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

Hi XS1961,....a bit of history...
In Bible times, salt was so valuable it was used actually used as wages for Roman soldiers, hence, the origin of the word "salary." Salt was valuable for preservation of food. For a person to be called "the salt of the earth," was a good thing, not anything like the corrosive, high-blood pressure inducing connotations of salt today. Just in case you were interested.
Our other poster asked, what does God and Jesus have to do with motorcycles?...that's an understandable question if you come from a non-believers, or, atheists viewpoint. From my viewpoint, I can't conceive of anything that God and Jesus doesn't relate to. It's a matter of which way you are looking.
Peace,
Bsquared

Philippians 4:7 I really believe Wink that this has been mistranslated...St. Paul was thinking about a large Chocolate brownie when he mentioned the "piece that passes all understanding." (Yes...I'm joking)
Photo Gallery
royfisk

PostPosted: July 7, 2008, 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

Hey all; not that I am a religious person, but I have a few friends that are with cornerstone. These guys are great, they devote themselves helping bikers in trouble the whole bike week. They feed anyone who is hungry without you having to be preached to. It is available if you want it, but not pushed. Joe Deleo The paster for the monadnock area chapter who is a fallen biker whom lost use of his legs has given more back to the riding public then most riders would even consider. These guys are not bad guys, there here to help those in trouble. They enjoy helping people. If you have a problem with them maybe you better look in the mirror cause most of these guys have been down roads you only read about in magazines. They've seen everything from drugs and prostitution, to gang wars, yea back in the 60's and 70's when REAL BIKER WARS were being fought. They have beaten the things that haunted there lives, If religion did this for them then what right does some wanna be biker have to say anything negative about what they are or do. They are not running there comments about your lifestyle. Im really offended that the members on this website would attack cornerstone for any thing. We are not rich people thats why we ride these old bikes. We are the working class poor, just as cornerstones members are. grow up
kimberly

PostPosted: July 7, 2008, 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

Hey Bsquared, You sure have sparked up a conversation here! I wanted to jump in and say that I think what you're doing is great! I too am a Christian and completely agree with your statement about God and Jesus relating to everything in your life...even motorcycles Very Happy ! We Christians can wear leather and ride motorcycles too---right Wink ?
Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: July 7, 2008, 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

Bet I could make anyone use the Lords name in vain simply by posting a picture of me in my speedo..........xsjohn
Photo Gallery
Retiredgentleman
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: July 7, 2008, 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

john, don't do it..............the human mind can only take so much without serious traumatic problems occuring Laughing
Photo Gallery
tweedy64

PostPosted: July 7, 2008, 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

I guess god n jesus does relate to all walks of life including bikers if your a believer, but as a non believer it means nothing to me n lots of other people. But i do respect your beliefs dont get me wrong. If this was a XSriding christian forum then i would say fair play, well i wouldnt be here. Anyway no offence intended. Being a pagan i cannot understand the christian logic as christianity has caused so many deaths and started so many wars right up to present day, not saying present day christians are blood thirsty but its the christian history people dont forget. Anyway we all do our own s*** and i dont need to be saved. Happy riding guys. XSXSXSXSXXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSX
Photo Gallery
Barbara

PostPosted: July 7, 2008, 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

Hi Guys,

OK, I'm simply stirring the pot because I have some time to kill, but--as a recovering Catholic I just have to ask: how do our Jewish compatriots feel about all of this?

Having asked, I hasten to add that I have all the respect in the world for anyone who lives her or his beliefs, and I also appreciate them not insisting that I feel as they do. To espouse is one thing, to demand is quite another. I've not seen anyone here demanding that we all immediately convert, so I don't have a problem with discussion, as long as it's respectful of everyone's beliefs.

I do, however, really like the:

XSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXSXS

That's cool!

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
The unnamed Triumph T-140
and the 1979 XS650....with "potential"
Millie the 1980 airhead BMW
Photo Gallery
royfisk

PostPosted: July 7, 2008, 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

we all need something to believe in. As a group on 650 rider we have a lot of things to talk about and discuss. the main course is the xsxsxsxsxs as many have noted. Why would we fall fool enough to hash out religion when as educated as we are or not, we know many of governments that over the course of 2000 years plus have not been able to figure it out. We should not judge each other by religion, but by the passion of the great god of all the xsxsxs which binds us together. Wait a minute maybe its Russo the great xs god. either way we to are a group of people whom take flack from some of the other brand bikers. As this goes on we stand behind our dinosaurs why , because we believe in what we can do with them, and enjoy them so to is the man with his religion. I don't believe we should insult anything or anyone for there beliefs on 650 rider. We are brothers and we should just appreciate each other and ride on. As I stated earlier I am not religious, yet while in jail a few years back had the time and opportunity to read the bible. What I discovered was how did they know 5000 years ago how the world would end up? anyhow enough religion doesn't someone have any great ride stories or something to talk about?
royfisk

PostPosted: July 7, 2008, 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

650 point being that was when the book was written guy
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: July 7, 2008, 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

Theres a cave painting in southern France dated to circa 3000Bc with a detailed XS650 cylinder head layout..No bullshit ..Ive seen it..!
Down on your knees to the mighty XS ..:wink:

..Anyone here a nutcase scientologist?...
Photo Gallery
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: July 7, 2008, 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

I reckon the granite pages may be a tad heavy...
Photo Gallery
dpmphoto

PostPosted: July 7, 2008, 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

Barbara you have so much ---------------------------------

Edited by site admin - Russo
xsjohn

PostPosted: July 7, 2008, 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

Could change that post to an apology.......and then maybe get off what ever you are taking that makes you such an A hole.....and I thought I was a jerk sometimes......xsjohn
Photo Gallery
weekendrider
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: July 7, 2008, 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

xs1961 wrote:
Theres a cave painting in southern France dated to circa 3000Bc with a detailed XS650 cylinder head layout..No bullshit ..Ive seen it..!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
You swear on your stash of carbs this is strewth? If you do and it isn't, then may your bird steal all your jets for beak bling.
weekendrider
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: July 7, 2008, 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

Just ingore him. He'll go away in time.

PostPosted: July 7, 2008, 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

Ok guys.......we can't beat our women.....there is only two.....and they sure look better to me than what I can imagine of the rest of us.....xsjohn
Photo Gallery
kimberly

PostPosted: July 7, 2008, 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

xsjohn wrote:
Ok guys.......we can't beat our women.....there is only two.....and they sure look better to me than what I can imagine of the rest of us.....xsjohn
What? Are you talking about Barbara and me? That can't possibly be true...out of all these members there has got to be more than two women riders!!! Shocked If not...we've got to do something about that!
Photo Gallery
royfisk

PostPosted: July 7, 2008, 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

650skull wrote:
I would be interested to read that roy,
buy a bible with both old and new testament. old testament was written back through 3000 bc. new testament was written ac. Its very interesting. also if you cannot do that at least read the book of revelations. That was written a few years ac. but everything in it is coming true. Deny it, ignore it, condemn it, do what ever you want with it, but facts are facts. I am not a religious person but its worth reading. I will not be adding anymore to this post because we are a group of bike owners, not religious buffs.

cscarroll

PostPosted: July 7, 2008, 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

I just wanted to apologize on behalf of all us Christians that preach about God when we should be serving our neighbor. Brow-beating someone is not what Jesus would have us do...

I'm headed to heaven and I'm going to take as many people as I can with me...

p.s. I'm pretty sure there's a verse about heaven being two lanes of twisty, no-speed limit tarmac. I'll let you know when I find it...

Photo Gallery
tweedy64

PostPosted: July 7, 2008, 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

Its called the Autobahn lol, maybe not twisty but good fun, watch out for those crazy german truckers. xsxsxsxsxsxsxsxsxsxsxsxsxssxsxsxsxsxsxsxsxsx
Photo Gallery
Barbara

PostPosted: July 8, 2008, 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

Hi Guys & Kimberly,

Please don't worry about anyone "beating" anyone else....I quite certain that both of us (really--are we all alone here?) can take care of whatever comes down the pike.

To address the issue d-whatever-photo raised: as mentioned in a more appropriate thread, the bikes I've owned and sold/traded--well over 100 in total--have been purchased or traded for by me. My Ex didn't ride or wrench on anything except a Jeep. A neat, 1941 MB Jeep, and I was sad to see it go, but it wasn't mine.

On the good side, my odometer on the XS turned 55,555.5 today, on it's way to over 55,600--a nice ride, surrounded by sun and twisty roads, and a view of the Sound.

Anyway, a thread about religion and the impact thereof seems hardly the place to become personal, and for my part of that, I apologize to the innocent parties concerned.

(Or maybe I'm just being nice......) Wink

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
The unnamed Triumph T-140
and the 1979 XS650....with "potential"
Millie the 1980 airhead BMW
Photo Gallery
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: July 8, 2008, 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: Christian Motorcycle Association

Im a hypocrite.. on July 20th my daughter is being christened in our 7th century village church ( as was I ).. I will be dragged there by my missus Wink but then pull up at the afternoon reception on my XS !...
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4