650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > Fellow Brits

Fellow Brits
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
tweedy64

PostPosted: April 19, 2008, 7:33 am    Post subject: Fellow Brits

Any xs riders out there in uk , we should get together. Would be handy for spares n such or even ride outs. I'm in west wiltshire. Give us a shout anyway good to talk to a brit xs rider, no offence all you Americans out there i'll chat to anyone lol. cheers tweedy. Cool
Photo Gallery
Barbara

PostPosted: April 19, 2008, 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Fellow Brits

Hi Tweedy,

No offense taken. We Colonials are always happy to talk with youse Brits--unless you mangle the Queen's English too badly. Wink

Between Brits, Australians, Canadians and 'Merricans, we can totally confuse one another without even trying--and it's all good fun!

What model XS have you?

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
The unnamed Triumph T-140
and the 1979 XS650....with "potential"
Millie the 1980 airhead BMW
Photo Gallery
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 20, 2008, 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: Fellow Brits

Hi Tweedy, a Brit from Bucks here...You from near Avebury?
Dont let the Yanks bring you down with their talk of low cost petrol (yes PETROL not GAS use Queens English you lot,gas is for your cooker not your engine! ) ...
Remember not to get to upset with their talk cheap XS's or abundancy of low cost spares Sad ...
Next time youre feeling a bit down 'cos they have dry weather for more than 4 weeks a year just think about our nice winding leafy country lanes that parrallel twins were designed for .... Wink

Theyre a great bunch over the pond though & best of all they luv XS's Smile

P.S. Ive always got stuff on Ebay mate (kickstart61)
Photo Gallery
tweedy64

PostPosted: April 20, 2008, 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Fellow Brits

Hi xs1961, i'm actually in west wilts westbury to be precise where the white horse on the hill is ( chalk carving on hillside for you colonials ). Got an 80 sg which i'm turning into bobber just to piss the purists off, nowt wrong with standard xs's just that mine was a bag of s*** on a low budget so bobber it is. I shall check you out on ebay. PETROLEUM queens english not gas like the man said LOL. If your gonna use our language at least make an effort cos we sure as s*** cant. Anymore brits out there heads up boys. cheers tweedy Cool
Photo Gallery
kingwj
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 20, 2008, 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Fellow Brits

tweedy64 wrote:
Got an 80 sg which i'm turning into bobber just to piss the purists off,

You don't piss us off, you make our bikes more valuable. Keep fukin' em up, I love it.

1979 XS650F
1979 XS750SF
1972 Triumph Tiger
Photo Gallery
tweedy64

PostPosted: April 20, 2008, 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Fellow Brits

matter of a opinion really mate .
Photo Gallery
Jake68
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 20, 2008, 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Fellow Brits

Best of all dont forget that amongst these American riders are guys that will send spares on from Mikes XS in US Dollar Prices for a very small fee Smile
Photo Gallery
tweedy64

PostPosted: April 20, 2008, 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Fellow Brits

Very true jake got many an american friend , please dont take me out of context, after all freedom of speech is a democratic right which we passed on to you guys. Dollar/pound exchange rate is great at the moment especially as mikesxs stocks everything i need. America is a fantastic country which i hope to visit one day, you guys are always welcome over here but make it quick before the other half of poland come over, cos i dont recall the poles making any great bikes (maybe they did). cheers tweedy. ps cant offer any triumph parts as most em went to the US lol.
Photo Gallery
Barbara

PostPosted: April 20, 2008, 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Fellow Brits

Hi Tweedy,

Petrol, gas, go-juice: whatever. Mainly, forget the Triumph bits--got any pieces for BSA B-44s? Specifically, 1967 B44e, 1968 B44vs and a 196??? B44vs bitza...my other B44 cafe bike is complete and running--she is "Gemini", half BSA lump and half Triumph frame. Whatever else the Empire may have left behind (India, for example), you guys certainly built unique and wonderful bikes! Just think--without the T-120, we might not have our beloved XS650's!

More than four weeks a year without rain? Really? Where?? Certainly not here in Wet-stern Washington State! We just get out Rudolph The Red-Nosed Rain-Gear and keep riding.

I do envy you your famous "B" roads. Pictures I've seen of the Mother Country appear to be all little villages, beautiful roads carved from the hills and valleys--not pushed straight through like modern freeways. Admittedly the pics were illustrating an article on Marjorie Cottle, so they may have been a bit dated.

So any of you Brit guys are always welcome both back east in the Colonies, and here in the wild West, where we all wear Colt Peacemakers and cowboy (or girl) boots..... Wink

One of your compatriots, Lois Pryce from London, spent a night here on her trip from the Arctic Circle to Terra Del Fuego on a Yamaha. Lovely lady, and it was great: a Brit chick and a Mick chick sitting around, talking bikes and drinking good Irish Whiskey! She's a great ambassador and an incredible rider!

Rambling on....

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
Photo Gallery
tweedy64

PostPosted: April 20, 2008, 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Fellow Brits

got no BSA bits myself but know man who has, triumph man myself although i prefer my xs. As for wet weather riding we have no choice get wet or dont ride. Our B roads are should we say fun. Any xs rider welcome in my house. Let me know what BSA bits you need. cheers tweedy
Photo Gallery
xskiwi

PostPosted: April 25, 2008, 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Fellow Brits

Hey Barbara, you forgot us New Zealanders.lol
Photo Gallery
Barbara

PostPosted: April 26, 2008, 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: Fellow Brits

I could never forget New Zed!! My niece is buying tickets to visit there next month! I've been to Australia, but never N.Z., and would love to visit some time, but every time I find some money lying about, I find another bike...it's a sad state of affairs! Wink

Oh, and Happy ANZAC Day! Gallipoli to Tokyo Bay---my father, a Seabee attached to the 4th U.S. Marines, always speaks highly of the ANZAC vets--says they were "the toughest troops (he'd) ever met!". He doesn't say things like that lightly.

A virtual beer to all the ANZAC (and all of our) Vets!! Thanks, Guys!

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
Photo Gallery
xskiwi

PostPosted: April 26, 2008, 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: Fellow Brits

Cheers and thanks from us Kiwi's.We had a great day to rememeber them.

Hope your niece knows we are going into our chilly season lol.Starting to get colder days and more rain.I am sure NZ would love to see you sometime.

Will be doing a 6 week bike tour of USA in july,but not on my xs,will be on my other steed, which is a hd.
Photo Gallery
Barbara

PostPosted: April 26, 2008, 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Fellow Brits

Hi Kiwi,

July? Hmmm...I might be headed back east to the big Mid-Ohio meet, but if the timing works, any riders are always welcome at my (very) humble abode in NW Washington State.....even HD riders! (Kidding--some of my best friends ride HD...)

My niece Buffy will be leaving Salt Lake City--chilly would be just fine for her, after a winter in SLC!!

(Now back to your regularly scheduled thread....)

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
Photo Gallery
silverfox

PostPosted: April 26, 2008, 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Fellow Brits

hi tweedy good to have another xs rider in the uk. i could come down for a run but it is a fair distance, where do you get your spairs from?
tweedy64

PostPosted: April 26, 2008, 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Fellow Brits

The usual like everybody else EBAY lol. ruudi on the xs site is pretty good but the pound/euro exchange rate at the moment is crap. Why what you after? Perth is quite a ride to here, i'm nr Bristol. cheers tweedy
Photo Gallery
silverfox

PostPosted: April 26, 2008, 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Fellow Brits

could do with a clutch pushrod seal and bushing i see mikes xs has them but thats no good to me
tweedy64

PostPosted: April 26, 2008, 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Fellow Brits

on mikes xs site there is a link to ruudis in germany cos mikes wont ship to uk or europe. Its basically the same as mikes
Photo Gallery
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 26, 2008, 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Fellow Brits

Silverfox, Ive been getting my genuine XS stuff from Motoward for years, usually nextday delivery.
Photo Gallery
silverfox

PostPosted: April 28, 2008, 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Fellow Brits

cheers xs i will give them a try. i would rather get my parts on the main land

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1