650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > The Swap Meet > > A place to clean out your garage - Give Aways > > Need a title!!!!!!! anybody got a junker with paperwork?

Need a title!!!!!!! anybody got a junker with paperwork?
    Forum Index -> A place to clean out your garage - Give Aways
sinister_customs

PostPosted: February 19, 2008, 3:59 pm    Post subject: Need a title!!!!!!! anybody got a junker with paperwork?

hey everybody! I am in the midst of building my first xs bobber project, i am reaching completion and the only thing at this point that i truly need to find is a title that i can stamp the numbers into the frame, i bought my bike out of state where titles are not needed, i had the mass registry do a search for one and they could not find one, so now they are saying i must "bluetag" my bike wich means i have to cross the t's and dot the i's on all the legal stuff you need wich is outragous in massachusetts! All directionals must say DOT, no side mount plates, must have rear pasenger pegs and so forth, if any one has a junk bike that has paper work i am willing to paypal you money for it! thanks, love the site, hope someone can help me out!
Photo Gallery
jimmythetrucker

PostPosted: March 23, 2008, 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a title!!!!!!! anybody got a junker with paperwork?

I've found an outfit that claims it can title your bike. I've never used it yet, so I don't know how well it works. Here's the URL -- www.its-titles.com/

See if that don't get the chores done.

Jimmy
bulldog1980
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: March 24, 2008, 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Need a title!!!!!!! anybody got a junker with paperwork?

Hey there let me know if you if you use this and I would really be interested
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: March 24, 2008, 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Need a title!!!!!!! anybody got a junker with paperwork?

I looked at that Its-titles and that is kinda scary to me they "buy" your bike and title it in there name then return the info back to you.. what prevents them from saying you "owe" them on it and demand a large sum of money
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: March 24, 2008, 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Need a title!!!!!!! anybody got a junker with paperwork?

a more expensive way to go is to buy one of the frames off ebay that has paperwork on it

PostPosted: March 26, 2008, 3:51 am    Post subject: Re: Need a title!!!!!!! anybody got a junker with paperwork?

"they "buy" your bike and title it in there name then return the info back to you.. what prevents them from saying you "owe" them on it and demand a large sum of money?"

The FBI prevents them. That's called extortion and fraud and conspiracy to defraud and, I'm sure, a lot of other nasty names. They could never get away with that and they'd be crazy to try.
electronicx

PostPosted: March 26, 2008, 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a title!!!!!!! anybody got a junker with paperwork?

Why not skip a step, save some money, and title it yourself. Call down to the DMV and tell them you have an old bike that has not been registered in a long time and need to find out how to do it. Tell them the guy with the title never made it home from WWI and you dont have the original title. If they say its imposible call another DMV. I had to go to 2 (thought it would be worse) differant DMVs to find someone that knew what I was talking about. I had to fill out a new title application and a statement of facts saying how I got the bike. Payed the fees for the title, new plate, and tabs. 2 months later I had the title in the mail. I live in Minnesota. Cost me about $35. The hard part is finding someone at the DMV that knows what you need to fill out.
Photo Gallery
jimmythetrucker

PostPosted: March 27, 2008, 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Need a title!!!!!!! anybody got a junker with paperwork?

Back in the mid-seventies, I tried to get a title for a Pontiac that somebody abandoned on our property (We had a farm). He or she just parked it in our pasture and never came back. It sat there for, like, 5 years before I went to the DMV and tried to get a title for it.

The Iowa DMV told me I had to get the sheriff to come out and mark the tires on the car. Then, if the car didn't move for the next year, the sheriff would come out and verify the fact and THEN I could apply for an abandoned title.

So a couple of years after that my kid brother sold the car to a junkyard. I saw it on the junkyard lot, for sale, the next day. They wanted 650 dollars for it. I know where the junkyard got a title for that car -- and it didn't take them a year to get it, either.

Oh, well.

I never tried to use the title service I posted here. I only thought somebody else might want to try it. Sinister_Customs WAS looking for a title, right?
jayel
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: March 27, 2008, 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Need a title!!!!!!! anybody got a junker with paperwork?

I've titled a couple bikes here in Iowa (bought at garage sale or without title) the most important thing is to GET A BILL OF SALE, $100 dollar bond and you're good to go there is a similar process for abandon vehicles but it depend who you talk to at the DMV also, if you get some clown who's giving you a hard time because they don't know what's going on ask to speak to their supervisor (they love that)
cscarroll

PostPosted: March 27, 2008, 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a title!!!!!!! anybody got a junker with paperwork?

I just recently went through this process myself and didn't have a bill of sale. Overall it was much smoother than I expected.

If you have a copy of the check you used to pay for the bike, that can suffice in IA.

It's really not a bad system. Your bike will have have a "bonded" title for several years.

Photo Gallery
bulldog1980
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 3, 2008, 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Need a title!!!!!!! anybody got a junker with paperwork?

I will try that I do have all the paper work that says who i purchased from and etc....

PostPosted: April 3, 2008, 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a title!!!!!!! anybody got a junker with paperwork?

NO SUCH THING AS JUNKER, ALL ARE IN GOOD SHAPE OR ALTERED STATES, BUT EITHER WAY THEY ARE USEFULL RIGHT TO THE DISENTERGRATEING POINT SAVE THEM ALL, DONT GIVE OUR PRETIOUS METALS TO CHINA.
jayel
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 3, 2008, 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a title!!!!!!! anybody got a junker with paperwork?

I agree roy but somebody has to teardown eg: junk these bikes or there wouldn't be any parts on ebay or for rebuilders, I don't think people are buying parts off ebay for flower pots or doorstops altho' a XS engine would make a good one
royfisk

PostPosted: April 3, 2008, 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a title!!!!!!! anybody got a junker with paperwork?

I know Jayel
Just dont like the term junker. Parts bike or rat bike, but junker just curls the hair on my back. All I can see with that term is ships hauling a xs-650 to china to become a hazardous toy for my kid to die of lead poisoning from playing with it. And then to find out the guys job making them use to be a respectable american union job paying good money for it. Now its a thirteen year old child whom also will be dead at a early age do to lead poisoning. junk and junkers are killing us to make a living, The guys with the trailers hauling every last bit of our steel away. I dont blame them got to make a living, but there wipeing us out. I dont mean any offense either its just got to have some usefull purpose trust me.

sinister_customs

PostPosted: April 3, 2008, 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a title!!!!!!! anybody got a junker with paperwork?

wooooaaa! i was not trying to hit a nerve when i said junker, i agree with you roy we should keep these bikes around long as possible in some form or another, i was just hoping to find an easy way around this title issue, i checked with the DMV in Mass and everyone there seems too stupid to help me, they want me to "blue tag" it as a custom build, that meens the directionals all must be stamped "DOT" and the rest of the bike has to follow very strict guidelines, not what my bobber is all about, i would like to think of it more as a prisoner of society rebelling back against the yuppy blue tag chopper world that OCC and the Discovery chanel had created, therefore my anti-social bike would never fit into this "blue tag" category. Damn the MAN! Mass DMV's are no help
Photo Gallery
royfisk

PostPosted: April 4, 2008, 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Need a title!!!!!!! anybody got a junker with paperwork?

sinister
Mass huh . got any freinds in new hampshire or vermont? If so have them registar it there and then sign the registration over to you and mass will give you a tittle. new hampshire and vermont do not issue tittles. But there current registrations are acceptable in mass. I have sold numerous non tittled bikes there with no problams.

sinister_customs

PostPosted: April 4, 2008, 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Need a title!!!!!!! anybody got a junker with paperwork?

well a friend of mine lives in NH. Although they just changed there laws and it does not work out that easy anymore, someone did mention to me that Vermont is very easy to title a bike there, i heard for a bike under 250cc you don't even have to be a resident that i can go online and register my bike there, i have 155cc dirtbike that i want to make street legal so i can go from my house to the trails without getting hassled by the man. I already have all the lights i just don't have all the DOT lights like baja designs sells and $500 is alot for that kit, but thanks for the info i think i will look further into VT.
Photo Gallery
royfisk

PostPosted: April 4, 2008, 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a title!!!!!!! anybody got a junker with paperwork?

sinistar the new nh laws do not effect that old of a vehical. ALL MY VEHICALS ARE REGISTARED THERE. You do need a vin verification by inspection station or pd in both states. but thats it.
sinister_customs

PostPosted: April 5, 2008, 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: Need a title!!!!!!! anybody got a junker with paperwork?

thats good news i will have to get my vin checked then talk to my buddy in NH, thanks for the heads up Roy!
Photo Gallery
royfisk

PostPosted: April 5, 2008, 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Need a title!!!!!!! anybody got a junker with paperwork?

no prob, I generally wind up doing a couple a year for those unfortunate enough to have to deal with the southern state

Forum Index -> A place to clean out your garage - Give Aways All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1