650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Flattracker - Streettracker > > How far wouldd you drive for a XS650?

How far wouldd you drive for a XS650?
    Forum Index -> Flattracker - Streettracker
deck99

PostPosted: December 28, 2007, 4:06 am    Post subject: How far wouldd you drive for a XS650?

I'm having trouble finding a bike locally. Just curious how far you guys would drive to pick up a bike? I have a company vehicle and the gas is free!

deck99
ghostyder

PostPosted: December 28, 2007, 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: How far wouldd you drive for a XS650?

I got mine from a guy 60 miles away. 500 bucks and he threw in a '72 frame, swimg arm, and forks, with two 18 inch disk wheels. I gave him 30 bucks for the delivery. The complete bike (1979) was complete but had a bent valve and the rear caliper needs repair.

PostPosted: December 28, 2007, 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: How far wouldd you drive for a XS650?

Depends on how much you want one.
georelle

PostPosted: December 28, 2007, 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: How far wouldd you drive for a XS650?

I got one off ebay and drove 3 hours to Omaha to pick it up. I paid $500.00 not running. Installed carb kits and it started. There were several others I bid on that were about the same distance. Unless you are in the sand hills if you are patient and keep an eye on ebay you shouldn't have to drive too far. Free gas and vehicle you could bring a date and make a "weekender" of it if you had to.

G

'02 Suzuki VZ800
'78 Honda CM185T
Photo Gallery
deck99

PostPosted: December 28, 2007, 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: How far wouldd you drive for a XS650?

georelle,
Good point. You must live right near the South Dakota Nebraska border. I am 1 hour from Yankton and 2 hours from Omaha.

Deck
georelle

PostPosted: December 28, 2007, 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: How far wouldd you drive for a XS650?

Deck
Yeah I am in Sioux Falls. I watched ebay for a couple months and several came up not too far away. There was another I bid up to $750 that went for $950 It was running and road worthy but needed TLC. I wasn't too concerned about appearance since I was going to do a custom rebuild anyway. My only criteria was good engine and spoke rims. I also lucked out and found a '75 parts bike when I took my frame to be sandblasted. The sandblast guy had it sitting in the weeds and I ended up getting it for $35.00 It is complete but in very rough shape & the motor will not turn over. I plan to pull the motor and check it out once I am done with my current project. I may end up doing another custom rebuild. Keep up the search, be patient they are out there.

'02 Suzuki VZ800
'78 Honda CM185T
Photo Gallery
kdstang

PostPosted: January 13, 2008, 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: How far wouldd you drive for a XS650?

Deck, I'm in North Central Iowa and have a street track 650 for sale with a custom-built trailer that has a 1 7/8 ball hitch. I bought it as a beginner, but am looking for something more as a daily driver. If you are still looking for a bike, let me know.

Here's a pic, it was running when I stored it this Nov, but the right side carb was flooding so the BS38 carbs are off right now awaiting rebuild, I put rubber gloves on the holders to keep debris out. It has a new battery and a gallon of Yamalube to go with. It has a lot of custom parts like headlight brackets, aluminum battery tray, exhaust, K&Ns, steel braided lines, etc.

It is licensed and tagged right now with a clear title.

PM me or post up if you need any more info.
crazyjohnny

PostPosted: January 14, 2008, 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: How far wouldd you drive for a XS650?

If it's free, have truck-will travel.

Forum Index -> Flattracker - Streettracker All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1