650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > New to the site and soon to be new to the XS

New to the site and soon to be new to the XS
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
DRoCk

PostPosted: October 14, 2005, 10:10 am    Post subject: New to the site and soon to be new to the XS

I just wanted to say hi... I'm going to be getting an 82 Special either this weekend or the next. Its in good shape with about 8200 miles on it. So far my plans include lowering the rear with 11 inch shocks and dropping the front. I know i will add a new set of bars right away also. Hopefully with help from this site and a couple others, I can get it looking and running just like i want it. Also, its my first motorcycle!
Photo Gallery
xs650mike

PostPosted: October 15, 2005, 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: New to the site and soon to be new to the XS

Welcome! Congratulations on having the good taste to purchase an '82 Heritage which in my opinion is one of the best looking bikes. I'm not just saying that 'cause I own one either, before I got mine I had wanted one for years. Unfortunately mine is down right now with a holed piston but fortunately I have two XS650s!

XS650H Special II 750 kit
XS650SJ Heritage
XS400SJ Heritage
XS1100SF XS Eleven Special

"Hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays off now!"
Photo Gallery
DRoCk

PostPosted: October 16, 2005, 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: New to the site and soon to be new to the XS

I should pick it up on tuesday, sounds like its going to end up costing about 800 after license, taxes etc. I can't wait!
Photo Gallery
xs650mike

PostPosted: October 16, 2005, 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: New to the site and soon to be new to the XS

Congrats, sounds like you got a deal! For handlebars you can't go wrong with www.mikesxs.com . FYI I paid $1400 for my fairly cherry '82 with 11,650 miles on the clock which is about the average price for a clean XS650.

XS650H Special II 750 kit
XS650SJ Heritage
XS400SJ Heritage
XS1100SF XS Eleven Special

"Hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays off now!"
Photo Gallery
DRoCk

PostPosted: October 17, 2005, 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: New to the site and soon to be new to the XS

For bars i am torn...I wanted drag bars, but i know i will mess up the riding postion too much for those. I think i am going to get the superbike bars from Mikes, they seem to be the best combo of lower but with enough pullback for me. I'm trying to get a similar look to the black xs that is at the top of the screen in the banner. I originally wanted to go for a street tracker, but i don't want to lose the ability to put my girlfriend on the back.
Photo Gallery
DRoCk

PostPosted: October 18, 2005, 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: New to the site and soon to be new to the XS

Well I picked it up today...cost me $833 after taxes etc. Its my first street bike and I think its the perfect size for me. All it needs is a new front tire, the back is good for awhile. I ordered a set of superbike bars from Mikes and the 11.5 inch shocks for it. Already ditched the little windshield that came on it. Took my first ride around the apartment complex...I love it so far! Wish i could ride it further than .8 miles, but i had better get my license first, and insurance too.
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1