650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Frank-in-Bike, Non XS parts that are Interchangeable > > Wheels, Brakes and Controls > > Spoked rear wheel swap?

Spoked rear wheel swap?
    Forum Index -> Wheels, Brakes and Controls
theduroche

PostPosted: May 6, 2007, 5:25 pm    Post subject: Spoked rear wheel swap?

Hey guys. I'm kinda new here, so I apologize if this one's been answered already.
I'm looking for a spoked rear wheel with a disc brake that will fit my '79.
To my knowledge (and please correct me if I'm wrong), yamaha only made drum brake spoked rear wheel setups for the XS.
Anyone know of any other model bike who's rear wheel is interchangeable with the XS'?
(i.e. no mods necessary. Axle, sprocket and disc all bolt right up?)

If anyone happens to have a spoked rear wheel that will work, I have aluminum, 7-spoke rims to trade.

Thanks in advance,
thetravelingdave @ yahoo.com
xsjohn

PostPosted: May 6, 2007, 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Spoked rear wheel swap?

Why would you want to get rid of the best and safest wheels. Just about lost my life and my girl friends in 1968 when the stupid ass tube blew on my spoked bsa and dumped us both 441 in Orlando to crawl around in traffic dodging cars.....

John
Photo Gallery
bluebikerblan

PostPosted: July 13, 2007, 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Spoked rear wheel swap?

To the best of my knowledge.......Yamaha did not make a spoked disc brake REAR wheel for the XS 650. For that matter I think the rear DISC
brake CAST wheel was only made for a couple of years when they returned to a drum braked rear. As to the best way to get where you want to go........if you still want to get there? It beats me. BOL, Blue

650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: July 13, 2007, 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Spoked rear wheel swap?

Omar has an adapter kit to convert a front spoke wheel to a rear wheel. Then you can have a rear disk. If you don't have a frame for a rear disk be prepared to do some fabricating as there are no master cylinder mounts on the drum brake frames.
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Wheels, Brakes and Controls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1